• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall XR increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeXiJaXx

Greenlighter
How does a patient convince there psychiatrist to increase their dose of Adderall XR. Patient is currently prescribed 10mg 2Xday for the last month or so and the effects have seemed to have subsided.

How does a patient convince there psychiatrist to increase their dose of Adderall XR. Patient is currently prescribed 10mg 2Xday for the last month or so and the effects have seemed to have subsided.
I was on adderall XR for a year and it’s a slippery slope. I built a tolerance quick and reached a point where I couldn’t up it anymore and eventually got off of it. I don’t think it’s a good idea to try to *convince* a doctor to up a medication that’s addictive in nature. It never ends. You’ll always need more. Just my 2 cents.

Eventually you can just slip in a comment like "it doesn't seem as effective", but this can also backfire.

Like riri said it's not the best idea and once you demonstrate drug seeking behavior most docs will cut you off.

If I had 20mg I would be more than happy with that personally.

Eventually you can just slip in a comment like "it doesn't seem as effective", but this can also backfire.

Like riri said it's not the best idea and once you demonstrate drug seeking behavior most docs will cut you off.

If I had 20mg I would be more than happy with that personally.
Yeah that too. Some doctors are very sensitive to anything that seems like drug seeking behavior. I had a doc years ago who wouldn’t fill a prescription 2 days early when I was going in vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.