• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Adderall Shortage - is this happening anywhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not read what i wrote?? the 5 months went to 5 different pharmacies got only TEVA brand and was taking 200mg n up at a time with absolutely no affect. This Saturday that just past i went to a new pharmacy and got a different brand, took 80mg and it was like the first time taking addies. Flying high, dialated eyes, no need for sleep or food, super focused. Im basing it on the fact that the last 5 months i had absolutely zero affect from the TEVA's.

Also TEVA's already been flagged on the FDA website for being marketed as counterfiets online. And with the shortage most likely these mom n pop places are ordering out of country.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still impossible for anybody to confirm or deny this.

Why not try another pharmacy or mail order?

Do you have a press release or a link to the FDA "flagging" these generics?

I'm going to merge this with the larger amphetamine shortage thread.

Go to another pharmacy then man, I live in Virginia and the pharmacies in the city are usually out of Adderall (and Dexedrine)...but once you get outside the city, all the pharmacies are fully stocked. I'm talking chain pharmacies as well.

Dude neighborhood, this is how im saying its counterfiet, i did go to a new pharmacy n got a different brand and took only 80mg and it did what its supposed to do. The last five months prior to this and 5 different pharmacies that all only had TEVA brand, i was taking 200mg n up at a time and getting absolutely no affect. so u tell me whats going on.

Where i live the only pharmacies you might be able to find addies at is mom n pop places. But this is if ur lucky. absolutely no chain pharms have them, no big grocery stores with pharms carry them, u cant even get them at a hospital pharmacy, its rediculus out here. btw im in detroit.

I believe you now, relax man.

As far as whats going on:

1) You actually are getting the counterfeit drugs mentioned in the link and that you mentioned.
2) Your tolerance to amphetamines has gone up and you're not getting enough dosage.
3) It's all in your head.
4) A combination of those^

Like I said before, relax. Call pharmacies outside your metro area and you will find Adderall, or, call your doctor and use a mail order pharmacy...OR...call your doctor and switch to a different amphetamine preparation (like Dexedrine).

Detroit is a large metro area, I find it very hard to believe that there are no chain pharmacies in your area.

u really are missing what im saying. i have found the ones that are real from a new pharmacy. okay, with the new ones that are amps, i only took 80mg and i was flying high. now if it only took me 80mg to get high, why then did the TEVA brand not have any affect what so ever even at 200mg doses? obviously their was not any active ingrediants in them. thus making them counterfiet. Also dude if u knew how it was out here with the shortage 5 different pharmacies all carrying TEVA brand is not reasonable.

And i was posting this in the first place to tell people in the downriver wayne county metro detroit to stay away from TEVA 20mg generics. sorta a umm warning or safety thing

In northwest arkansas, i had no problem ever getting my adderall or clonazepam from my psychiatrist i've been seeing for years. i actually use it legit, but since i came down to south central arkansas the only "mental health" clinics that they have around announce adderall is only for childhood adhd and benzos are a no no period that they don't believe in. I can understand for some people, but it's honestly just ignorance. they say they won't prescribe it because it "has street value". ughhh. i tried stratera...no bueno.

Just so y'all know, Costco is by FAR the cheapest place to fill an addy script (you don't have to be a member to use their pharmacy) & the shortage seems to be all but over.

I'm not sure about the rest of the country but from what I can see up here in the northeast the shortage seems to be over. Never noticed it too bad to begin with, but IME it's no problem at all now.

^ It was actually pretty bad here, but everything is back to normal now. For a few months during the winter I think it was, I had gone to 6 places before finding one that had it. There were only 2 places that were able to fill it for a while, and they were the mom and pop type places. Now the chain pharmacies have it again always at the first place I go to, so it looks like the shortage is over.

I started getting adderall about 4 months ago...maybe 5. I live out in a small town in Florida, outside of orlando. The shortage was apparent here from the first time i went to fill my script. The very first pharmacy i went to was out. I ended up at another one. I get 60 20mg Adderall IR a month, and the script is so controlled i am not allowed to have refills, i am written three paper scripts that are dated to be filled and hand them in each month. Every time I have gone to get them filled I have had to go to a diff pharmacy.

The first few time i got it filled, I got the more common Orange oval 20mg IRs(generics), but after the one chain i was going to was out i went to a totally diff chain which ended up being cheaper for me since i dont have insurance. And since i have been going to this chain I have been receiving a different generic 20mg adderall. Its round and pink with a COR 135 inscribed on one side and a cross score on the back. They also aren't sugary at all like the orange ones, they dont have much flavor to them at all other than a very light chemically bitterness. I actually prefer them alot more, they feel much less jittery to me, like maybe theres more d-amps in them..but i digress.

Iv been sticking with this chain of pharmacies due to the price, and finally this past month one of the closer ones in town restocked their adderall. I'm not sure if the fact that i suddenly started getting a different generic was just the pharmacy chain or if maybe it has something to do with the shortage. I will only be in the area another month and then I'm moving to Memphis, TN for school. I'll see what its like there.

Adderall is still here (one of the biggest college cities in the country, it's always around) but I know friends of mine who have been getting cut down on their scrips because the DEA is strong-arming their doctors. Many of them seem to be getting switched from XR's to IR's. There's a new generic formulation for Adderall IR that totally sucks IMO. It's made by Cor Pharma, the 30mg pink round tablets (COR136 -- Double Scored) seem to be what's mainly going around. It honestly feels like a 15mg BARR generic to me! That and whatever dye they're using in this pill seems to be giving some people weird skin rashes. It's mainly Walgreens who has these new generics, so as long as you don't fill at Walgreens, it'll most likely be the BARR (Teva) generics if you're getting IR's here.

North DFW suburbs here

last time i filled my adderall script (last October) i was unable to get the IRs
so i got the XRs

going in Friday for a refill ( yea i crawl through my adderall cuz i hate taking unless absolutely necessary) and i hope to go back to the IR cuz as much as i hate adderall i hate the XRs even more

if my pharmacy has the IRs i will report back

cbus, Ohio here...

Every place i asked aka walgreens cvs and g.eagle had the round ones.

That is, everywhere but Kroger, the only one with the ovals, better formulated IRs thathey are.

It took me awhile to notice the difference but now it is like night and day, round and oval, void and plenum.

I was on Adderall IR 15 mg for about 3 years. Didn't really take it consistently (i get no euphoria off it so no real point) but the last time i filled my script I had to call 4 diff pharmacies. then had to wait a week. i think that the supply just cant keep up with the demand. pretty sure there are limits on pharmaceutical companies on how much of a controlled substance they can manufacture per year. then again i could be wrong.

I was on Adderall IR 15 mg for about 3 years. Didn't really take it consistently (i get no euphoria off it so no real point) but the last time i filled my script I had to call 4 diff pharmacies. then had to wait a week. i think that the supply just cant keep up with the demand. pretty sure there are limits on pharmaceutical companies on how much of a controlled substance they can manufacture per year. then again i could be wrong.

A lot of pharmacies won't tell you their inventory of controlled substances over the phone. It applies more to prescription pain killers since they think that people calling to ask for oxycodone are looking to rob the place and are making sure they have the goods before doing so, but some pharmacies might do the same for all controlled substances that are commonly abused. I think it's really stupid that pharmacies do that and I doubt that they are preventing any robberies with this policy, but in the future I recommend just going into the pharmacies with the prescription in hand to see if they have it in stock.

North DFW suburbs here

last time i filled my adderall script (last October) i was unable to get the IRs
so i got the XRs

going in Friday for a refill ( yea i crawl through my adderall cuz i hate taking unless absolutely necessary) and i hope to go back to the IR cuz as much as i hate adderall i hate the XRs even more

if my pharmacy has the IRs i will report back

forgot i posted in here

i got the IRs no trouble

I'm on 15mg from the shrink. The Walgreens by my house always checks "the safe" when I bring in the script or I call ahead.. It's been all over the news re: addrerall shortages!

PS the $25 Walgreens Script Card is actually a good deal. I have health insurance. And they check both - which ever is cheaper is the price you pay so my adderrall is 1/2 the price with the Walgreens card. And yes I take generic. :\

u really are missing what im saying. i have found the ones that are real from a new pharmacy. okay, with the new ones that are amps, i only took 80mg and i was flying high. now if it only took me 80mg to get high, why then did the TEVA brand not have any affect what so ever even at 200mg doses? obviously their was not any active ingrediants in them. thus making them counterfiet. Also dude if u knew how it was out here with the shortage 5 different pharmacies all carrying TEVA brand is not reasonable.

And i was posting this in the first place to tell people in the downriver wayne county metro detroit to stay away from TEVA 20mg generics. sorta a umm warning or safety thing

k420- I'm almost certain there's a comination of two things going on here- 1, the rip-off scam deal doesn't involve you. Those only relate to those online pharms that sucker people into buying their scripts online, wether or not they have a legit script. That whol scenario doesn't relate to places like Walgreens, CVS, Sam's, Costco, Etc. as they do not deal with online companies and work directly with the manufacterer, or their reps. 2- I'm pretty certain, those of you may know more, but there's an exact reason behind the shortage... but my friend takes Adderall and she was saying that they started remaking the pills due to abuse, much like how Oxycontins changed the way they were made so you couldn't crush and snort/bang. since they are made differently, our body reacts to them differently and getting high just isn't as easy as it used to be. It sounds to me Killik that you use this for rec purposes, so you just gotta stick to the ones you know work. TEVA isn't scamming anyone, they are a huge huge pharm maker and what they are doing is jsut a reaction to the pressure that the DEA is putting on them... which brings me to my next and final and most important.. well point.

Some of you reading this may know what I'm talking about when the Government decides to put on their pants and get involved in the pharm world.. Past 10 years there's an increase in Opiate usage, particularly OCs, Oxycontin Brand Name, which is Oxycodone but it's a slow release formula. Now the DEA notices how this drug has been getting abused so they push on the makers to create a new way to make the meds so that they cannot be crushed and abused. The pharm makers comply and come up with an alternative, which to most people that use these drugs, the Stage 4 Cancer patient, they do not feel or see a difference, it's only us recreational users that are affected. So then what happens is the old version, the one that makes their mouth water, is still around, here and there, at an inflated price... then they get introduced Heroin. Cheaper, you can sniff it, and bam.. you just took what was a crazy but small addiction to a full blown junkie that's willing to do whatever now to get a couple bags,which, if you are in the Chicago area, could be risking it in some very crazy parts of the the City.... NOW TAKE THIS and transplant it into Adderall..where do you think this will go when these folks cannot find the good type of pill and are spending crazy amounts of cash to get what was once cheap and abundant... they will move to Meth cuz it'll be cheaper and it'll last longer and it will be justified by the user.. then the person will embark on a world that they never knew before and one they welcomed with open arms not realizing just how low it can really go...

Just like you see kids getting affected by the heroin game due to OCs getting reformulated, you'll see a similar story with Meth.. IMO it will take quite a long time (just like it did to read my post LOL) for it to really be noticed, but it will. In the game of drugs and being a user, it's all about the biggest bang for you buck.. Once connections get established and it becomes that much easier and is done more and more, it will get pushed into other groups and circles and become more widespread... I remember there was ten of us guys all taking vicodins to smoke with weed and the next thin you know you're spending your loot first on pills than green, then vics didn't cut it, so percs came, and went, then oxy 15s, then 30s, then OC 40s, then 80s, the they stop making them and your route of administration is not longer allowed due to it and so you talk to a buddy who tells you it's just the same if not better than 5 80s and 1/10th of the price... that's the usual route for Heroin addicts and that's how adderall/coke/meth come about- first some adderall to study and pull an all nighter, then you snort some during a night of partying to keep you going all night, then it's a couple 20 bags of coke, then a couple 8 balls, then instead of spending 300 bucks you resort to 80 bucks and the stuff, Meth, lasts 5 times as long.. then forget about the beers, the "in addition to" and whatever else, but you'lre looking at how to cop some everyday so you don't get sick..

It's this side of the story you don't see or hear about on the news when the parents applaud the drug makers and the goverment on their tactics to prevent abuse on medications.. they aren't winning that battle, they are no where close. they are just creating junkies at a younger age, creating a demand for a bigger drug market, and they are making all the wrong people rich and all the right people make some bad decisions that ultimately may cost them their lives... those ten of us guys well 1 quit and never looked back, 4 are battling a day to day addiction with heroin trying to figure just how and who will help them feed their addiction, legal or not, while trying to handle all other facets of their life like their job or girlfriend, but ulitmately realize that it's just easier to walk away from both to get their affairs in order, 3 of them are going through some sort of legal battle due to their addiction, whether it was burglary, theft, forgery, floating checks, pawning stolen goods, and 2 of them are dead because the one didn't know any better and took too much and the last one didn't want to play the game anymore and just didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel and knew just exactly how much to take them down for the count..

sometimes i just wish there was someone in our leadership that would look at the situation like the drug war and realize that we are no where close to seeing things in a poitive light and to find ways, legalizing, strict monitoring, offering treatment/help instead of jailtime. all our President cares about right now is how to get relected in November or how to grant an executive order to cease all future elections and he remain president for an indefinite amount of time!! ok that last one was far fetched but hope you get what i mean, everyone's priorities are in the wrong places..

And I apologize for the rant, but some may find it true, some may not, but I'm high. good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.