• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Adderall Shortage - is this happening anywhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DEA has regulated amphetamines since 1971. That's nothing new. I think its a matter of there being a shitload of prescriptions and the companies making it not being able to keep up with the market demand.

true..i know that, but they seem to be getting more strict perhaps??? although the amount of college kids on the stuff is insane. i hate the XR version which was easier to find so i had to spend 2 hours looking for ir tabs.

name brand is expensive as hell too..so im sure by the new year itll get better, at-least thats what the pharmacist told me

AFAIK, they can't really control it any more than they already do. It is Schedule II after all.

Everybody at my college is on stimulants, although Dexedrine is quite popular here and most people go with the generic mixed amphetamine salts vs. the brand name Adderall.

i was getting oxycontin like it was aspirin at the pharm, so in the past few years of being on addies, i was surprised how it was so widely scripted. still shocks me how easy it is to get legal speed :\ if it continues like this i may ask to go on Dexedrine. desoxyn if i can.

^Dexedrine is more effective for some people, it is worth a shot. Who knows how long it will be before the supply issues (with Adderall/generic Adderall) get sorted out.

heck..maybe i can get the desoxyn like ive been wanting..less side effects imo. if you look around on the web, alot of the ADD forums are talking a lot about it. with lots of info

AFAIK, they can't really control it any more than they already do. It is Schedule II after all.

Everybody at my college is on stimulants, although Dexedrine is quite popular here and most people go with the generic mixed amphetamine salts vs. the brand name Adderall.

ya generics are less expensive

this time i had my doctor re-write myprescription for 180 5mg pills, because i found a Walgreens that has 5mg at maximum 200 quantity per script. so i made sure to remind him to circle the number 1 next to "refills" so i could pick up a whole 360 to get my 1800mg total of adderall. he told me that if he did that, the prescription would become automatically void, because adderall can only be refilled if written directly from the doctor on an all-new prescription paper. that sounded absolutely absurd, but i asked him if i could come back in the next month and a half to pick up another one of these, and he said that was fine.

thing is, before this whole shindig, he said that this was becoming suspicious, and decided to cite the idea that my prescription was supposed to be XR and not regular. i told him to go get my file and look at my past prescriptions, and sure enough, he had pulled that out of his ass. but clearly he doesn't exactly trust me with my adderall prescription, and it doesn't help that i'm using klonopin on top of it, i bet he feels like he's feeding a druggie with a spoon, and to some extent, he is. (even though all of these were his own personal choices)

but here's the thing. for some reason they never ask me for my old prescription to exchange for these new ones (i've had to deal with this once before). so now i have two prescriptions, one with 180 5mg adderalls, the other with 180 10mg adderalls. what would happen if i filled these both out? would the pharmacy know right away that i already filled a prescription for adderall? would they report it to my doctor? does it depend on what pharmacy i go to? if that little scheme is something that goes over very easily, ill probably end up doing it, but if that's something the pharmacies look out for regularly, i'd rather not risk them red-flagging me and reporting me to my doctor. im still pretty uncomfortable with this whole "you can't have a refill you need to come back to me" business, i know pharmacies are a hell of a lot more lenient than that, if it says refillable than they'd just refill it and tape over the original sticker with a ZERO in the place of the ONE where it says REFILLS.

anyone have any helpful input on any of that crap i just wrote? i can't think of any good concluding words because i don't really wanna read all that again just to summarize, i already know all of that was pretty scatter-brained.

heck..maybe i can get the desoxyn like ive been wanting..less side effects imo. if you look around on the web, alot of the ADD forums are talking a lot about it. with lots of info

you make it sound too easy. isn't Desoxyn straight methamphetamine compressed into a pill?

I've worked at a pharmacy and for schedule 2 drugs you can not have refills, your doctor was right. Also if you get you script filled twice your insurance won't let you fill the second time. You can try to get it filled for cash at different pharmacy but the whole thing seems sketchy. I remember the pharmacist I worked for would call the doctor on the Rx if he found anything odd.

^Indeed. This practice may throw some red flags on your state's prescription monitoring program as well. I recommend against it.

The DEA has regulated amphetamines since 1971. That's nothing new. I think its a matter of there being a shitload of prescriptions and the companies making it not being able to keep up with the market demand.
Yeah, they regulate the manufacture and distribution of all controlled substances, set production limits, etc so if demand rises in an unexpected manner, the manufacturers can't just ramp up production because of the DEA-imposed limitations on production. Thanks DEA regulation, thanks.

theres a shortage cause the whole country likes to tweek a leek. so of course the production limit will be reached lol. it has been a minute since I have had adderall

Mostly just Vyvanse around here. That and phentermine.

it seems like anybody I know that has an adderall script also has a klonopin script. like one is going to spur on anxiety while the other one fights against anxiety.

Funny you mention that but, everyone I know that has an addy script is also scripted some kind of benzo from the same doctor. Not too sure why though. Sleep maybe?

I never take benzos for sleep, I take benzos during the daytime so that I can get through the day without those frustrating voices in my head telling me that I "can't" do something, and to turn around and walk away, or keep quiet and jump at the first opportunity to rush back home to my room. I know there's a lot more to me than that, but it only ever shows when I at least have my Klonopin somewhere on hand.

I take Adderall for homework, script-writing, and watching adrenaline-fueled television. Unfortunately it does jack-shit for my anxiety, so I prefer to do it when I get home, at night... which is normally around 10.... which is why I get sick often....

but at least I'm working now, that's what matters to me.

I've worked at a pharmacy and for schedule 2 drugs you can not have refills, your doctor was right. Also if you get you script filled twice your insurance won't let you fill the second time. You can try to get it filled for cash at different pharmacy but the whole thing seems sketchy. I remember the pharmacist I worked for would call the doctor on the Rx if he found anything odd.

You mean like an independent pharmacy? Like deep in downtown LA for example? Hm, they just might have 10mg in one of those. So when you say "fill for cash" you mean like they don't even bother to compute it? I might give that a try, then if I get lucky and end up filling it with someone who skips the formalities, I can take my 5mg elsewhere. Which btw the pharmacy that told me had that, suddenly doesn't have it. God I love our system.

I think Delsyd is saying cash without insurance but, I could be wrong. Like he said though this isn't a good idea as it's too easy to get caught and definitely not worth losing your script over. Lets end the script filling discussion though. We can't be talking about cheating the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.