• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Adderall overdoing it?

Techlicious

Greenlighter
I take 40mg IR Adderall in the morning and then a booster of 20mg a couple hours later daily. But the past couple hours I've had non-stop heart palpitation every 10 seconds and a fluctuating heart rate between 80-110BPM. I eat pretty healthy and had plenty of veggies, fruit, and protein today. 3-4 bottles of water. No other symptoms, just maybe a little anxiety because the heart thing isn't normal. I've had them in the past and the doctor said they are benign. Am I worried for nothing? I read that if they last longer than a few minutes/hours to call 911. Does anybody have experience with high dosage of Adderall? I feel the same and heart rate isn't too far off on a normal day, its just the constant heart palps.

Yeah, that's a huge dose of adderall, especially daily for a long time.

Is this dose prescribed or recreational?

is this a one time thing? the palpitations and HR?

First, calm down a bit. Anxiety is going to make this worse. Are you having any other symptoms like chest pain or dizziness?

Yeah, that's a huge dose of adderall, especially daily for a long time.

Is this dose prescribed or recreational?

is this a one time thing? the palpitations and HR?

First, calm down a bit. Anxiety is going to make this worse. Are you having any other symptoms like chest pain or dizziness?
Hi. It's prescribed to me. I sometimes take another 20mg if I feel I need it. This has happened before with the palpitations and heart rate, when I was off Adderall and on it. No other symptoms besides anxiety worrying. Should I be worried about the high dosage?

Should I be worried about the high dosage?
how long have you been taking adderall?

I really dislike taking more than 30-40mg of adderall because it causes these types of symptoms. 60mg is a very high dose! I believe this is beyond the limit of therapeutic use

Your CNS is simply overstimulated, cut back on your adderall use and this should fade

Do you have anything to calm you down a bit? are you on any other meds/drugs?

how long have you been taking adderall?

I really dislike taking more than 30-40mg of adderall because it causes these types of symptoms. 60mg is a very high dose! I believe this is beyond the limit of therapeutic use

Your CNS is simply overstimulated, cut back on your adderall use and this should fade

Do you have anything to calm you down a bit? are you on any other meds/drugs?
I have some ativan in my cupboard for emergencies. I've been taking it since July 2021. Usually I run out before the end of the month because I take 20mg boosters. It helps me focus and also gives a good feeling. No other drugs, didn't even take caffeine today. I am thinking about taking a break tomorrow, or at least going down to like 20mg in the morning and 20mg later on.

I have some ativan in my cupboard for emergencies. I've been taking it since July 2021. Usually I run out before the end of the month because I take 20mg boosters. It helps me focus and also gives a good feeling. No other drugs, didn't even take caffeine today. I am thinking about taking a break tomorrow, or at least going down to like 20mg in the morning and 20mg later on.
I would try to take some days off amphetamines in general, if you can, use it when you need it. At 60mg/day its going to create one hell of a tolerance quite fast

your body is giving you this message for a reason

a combination of adderall and ativan is bound to suck someone into the loop of drug addiction especially at those doses, take care my friend

I would try to take some days off amphetamines in general, if you can

your body is giving you this message for a reason

a combination of adderall and ativan is bound to suck someone into the loop of drug addiction especially at those doses, take care my friend
Sorry, I meant I've been taking adderall since July 2021. The ativan I have had from awhile ago to treat anxiety as needed but I don't ever take it. Thank you for the support, I am going to just take a break and cut down on the dose next week. Honestly the heart palpitations stopped and my heart rate is in the 70s. Just talking to someone really helped, thank you. Was definitely a sign.