• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall IR 10mg panic attack?

Trip Falling Up

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I have a pretty large history of experimenting with drugs, particularly psychedelics. This is the first time I experimented with adderall however.

Started off with a 20 mg capsule of adderall IR, dumped half of it into a little napkin piece and parachuted it (thank God i didnt do all 20).

Within the first 15 mins I experienced a rush of strangeness, I wouldn't call it euphoric but it was definitely not ordinary. I attribute this to letting a couple beads dissolve sublingually. This continued and I slowly felt my energy levels amping up. The come up of most drugs for me creates a great deal of anxiety, as I don't know what I'm in for.

I realize adderall is relatively safe, especially when taken by itself. But these mounting feelings of anxiety and energy were combined periodically with large flushes of "feeling" that began in my head and descended throughout my body. They increasingly got more severe and it triggered a panic attack or the panic attack triggered it? Or maybe neither.

Within the first hour and half I had extreme tachycardia, I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. Some dizziness, shortness of breath, feelings like I was gonna die. I split a .25 mg xanax tab, ate one half then snorted the second half.

It helped for awhile but I still felt the attacks and a nervous energy. The day goes by and it gets better. I experience odd stomach spasms. I take .5 more xanax throughout the day.

Here I am now, can someone help elaborate on why I had such a severe reaction?

This thread may be better in pharmacology but not sure.

Thanks!

Okay, first off, that was Adderall Extended Release, not Instant Release. IR is a pill, not a capsule with beads in it. Some people just dont react well to stimulants, so you may be one of those people. But i have to admit, i usually feel anxiety with lower dosages of adderall, but feel amazing with higher dosages ranging between 30 and 40mg (BUT I DO NOT ADVISE TAKING ANY MORE). I really dont advise you trying any more because you could have another panic attack, but its not abnormal that you had one

Yeah I would agree with HeadHigh about lower doses causing anxiety whereas higher doses (not too high) can make me feel phenomenal. It really just comes down to your own brain chemistry however, so if you are interested in taking more you should slowly increase the dose by 5 or 10 milligrams.

Hey all,

I have a pretty large history of experimenting with drugs, particularly psychedelics. This is the first time I experimented with adderall however.

Started off with a 20 mg capsule of adderall IR, dumped half of it into a little napkin piece and parachuted it (thank God i didnt do all 20).

Within the first 15 mins I experienced a rush of strangeness, I wouldn't call it euphoric but it was definitely not ordinary. I attribute this to letting a couple beads dissolve sublingually. This continued and I slowly felt my energy levels amping up. The come up of most drugs for me creates a great deal of anxiety, as I don't know what I'm in for.

I realize adderall is relatively safe, especially when taken by itself. But these mounting feelings of anxiety and energy were combined periodically with large flushes of "feeling" that began in my head and descended throughout my body. They increasingly got more severe and it triggered a panic attack or the panic attack triggered it? Or maybe neither.

Within the first hour and half I had extreme tachycardia, I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. Some dizziness, shortness of breath, feelings like I was gonna die. I split a .25 mg xanax tab, ate one half then snorted the second half.

It helped for awhile but I still felt the attacks and a nervous energy. The day goes by and it gets better. I experience odd stomach spasms. I take .5 more xanax throughout the day.

Here I am now, can someone help elaborate on why I had such a severe reaction?

This thread may be better in pharmacology but not sure.

Thanks!

IR capsule...i'm sure you took a XR
panic attacks are mentally created in a sense... i'm sure you scared the shit out of yourself when you felt those intense "feelings" thus inducing the panic attack
then again some people cant handle stimulants for shit...some people freak out with a cup of coffee
and there was no need point to snort the xannie, as you prob didn't get much anyway. subbing it or oral ROa is always the best way for xanax

Threshold doses are pretty well known for creating a shitty sense of unease, which can easily trigger a panic attack - I've had it happen to me a lot, usually with weed or LSD. Do you have much experience with any other stimulants? If not it may just be that they're not for you

It's possible that you could be hyper-sensitive to Amphetamines. Everyone's body is unique. For instance, I can't metabolize Codeine properly. I've taken 4 grams before with no tolerance and only experienced symptoms of minor anaphylaxis like itching, flushing etc.

However, the more likely symptom is that you triggered a panic attack from your anticipation of the drug. I've had panic attacks on Amphetamines in the past that were for the most part, pretty unexplainable. The fact is that stimulants have major potential to provoke anxiety. They just might not be for you.