• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall Insomnia (I know, common)

Craig123

Greenlighter
I have chronic medical conditions including Arthritis and Crohns disease. I do not abuse drugs, and use my prescriptions responsibly. I am prescribed Valium, Estazolam, Vicodin, Ambien, Tramadol, and others not worth noting.

I have been out of school for four years, and recently am now studying for the MCAT's. So my psychiatrist gave me a script for adderall to use just like I did in college. I was diagnosed by a professional at a testing center back in 2009 that I have ADD. If it wasn't for amphetamines in college, I'm fairly certain I would not have graduated.

Anyway, fast forward to today and the test is coming up. I have been studying very hard, and after playing around with dosages found that taking about 30-40mg IR Adderall a day helps. I don't think it's abusive. If it wasn't for Adderall I could not study because it's very hard for me to comprehend what I'm reading, and do the work. Unfortunately, it doesn't really seem to matter what time I take them; it's causing insomnia.

In college I would take a benzo sublingually to quell insomnia, and usually that would put me to sleep, but I think my tolerance for benzo's (I've been on them since 2009 with great success of my anxiety disorder) has gotten so high, that really hasn't helped. One night, out of desperation because I had to be up early, I took Ambien, benzos, vicodine, and benadryl (dangerous I know) hoping it would knock me out, but it didn't do a thing to my astonishment. The most complaint I have is tossing and turning and being unable to shut my mind off.

Is there anything someone can recommend? I'm not a weed smoker, but have been considering it. What about Edluar? I'm worried that this is happening now so close to test day, I'm really willing to do anything to get this under control, I don't have much choice. Can someone recommend something outside the normal box of a benzo or opiate?

Maybe Seroquel could help. It's an atypical antipsychotic but it's used off label for sleep. As far as I know there are no bad interactions with Adderall, but I'm not 100% sure. Ask your doctor about it :)

^^yeah but then you have to deal with the next day grogginess from seroquel..

The only thing that helped me when on stims was benzos

Just reread it, damn ambien, vicoden, benzos and ambien didn't help?wow looks like you migh have to go without adderal or just tolerate the insomnia

Just reread it, damn ambien, vicoden, benzos and ambien didn't help?wow looks like you migh have to go without adderal or just tolerate the insomnia

I know... I think I will have to table the Adderall for a little while. I don't think I have a choice because I can't live without sleep. Though I did manage to get my heartrate down with some Passion Flower.

Also Seroquel is a no go. I took that stuff once, and it made me feel like a zombie for days after.

Just take your adderall before noon. Not any after noon. Wake up earlier and get on with it. Go to sleep at the same time everynight. Try a Benydril and a melatonin 15 minutes before sleep, stay off the benzo's long term, they cause Alzheimers> But if you're on them, they have to be tapered off of. The vicodin also keeps some people awake....

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/benzodiazepine-use-may-raise-risk-alzheimers-disease-201409107397

I have chronic medical conditions including Arthritis and Crohns disease. I do not abuse drugs, and use my prescriptions responsibly. I am prescribed Valium, Estazolam, Vicodin, Ambien, Tramadol, and others not worth noting.

I have been out of school for four years, and recently am now studying for the MCAT's. So my psychiatrist gave me a script for adderall to use just like I did in college. I was diagnosed by a professional at a testing center back in 2009 that I have ADD. If it wasn't for amphetamines in college, I'm fairly certain I would not have graduated.

Anyway, fast forward to today and the test is coming up. I have been studying very hard, and after playing around with dosages found that taking about 30-40mg IR Adderall a day helps. I don't think it's abusive. If it wasn't for Adderall I could not study because it's very hard for me to comprehend what I'm reading, and do the work. Unfortunately, it doesn't really seem to matter what time I take them; it's causing insomnia.

In college I would take a benzo sublingually to quell insomnia, and usually that would put me to sleep, but I think my tolerance for benzo's (I've been on them since 2009 with great success of my anxiety disorder) has gotten so high, that really hasn't helped. One night, out of desperation because I had to be up early, I took Ambien, benzos, vicodine, and benadryl (dangerous I know) hoping it would knock me out, but it didn't do a thing to my astonishment. The most complaint I have is tossing and turning and being unable to shut my mind off.

Is there anything someone can recommend? I'm not a weed smoker, but have been considering it. What about Edluar? I'm worried that this is happening now so close to test day, I'm really willing to do anything to get this under control, I don't have much choice. Can someone recommend something outside the normal box of a benzo or opiate?

Just take your adderall before noon. Not any after noon. Wake up earlier and get on with it. Go to sleep at the same time everynight. Try a Benydril and a melatonin 15 minutes before sleep, stay off the benzo's long term, they cause Alzheimers> But if you're on them, they have to be tapered off of. The vicodin also keeps some people awake....

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/benzodiazepine-use-may-raise-risk-alzheimers-disease-201409107397

It's a little hard to taper, or even stop taking benzos when I've been on them for seven years. You're right maybe taking pain medication isn't the smartest idea. But I've also tried combos like Ambien, benzo, and benadryl which did not put me to sleep. I think I will try melatonin, weed, and maybe get a prescription for some clonidine?

I tried these THC capsules with melatonin, ambien, and benzos, which seem to be helping.