• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall and Xanax

dave311

Greenlighter
My doctor just put me on Adderall 30 mg in the morning and 20 mg in the evening, not for ADD... He also put me on Xanax 2mg 2 times a day at the same time as I take my Adderall...I'm trying to understand how this is going to help me b/c they each do something different and all I keep thinking of its kinda like speedballing... So I guess I'm just asking you guys think this is safe and if you think this will still help me in the areas I need help? and I'm sorry I'm very new here so I'm doing this right!! Any info would be very much appreciated....thx

yes I take the Xanax for anxiety and the Adderall is supposed to help me concentrate and help me stay focused..but I just don't understand why he had me taking both at the same time every day 2 times a day to me since the meds do a completely opposite thing would that cross the meds and neither one work correct or will it kill me taking them both at the same time they seem to be very high doses

I don’t know man maybe he found a winning cocktail for you, did he ever suggest exercise /healthier eating habits ? I feel like those two things could fix a lot of people’s problems, but the first course of action is prescribe a drug

I suggest you to take klonopin and lexapro before bed and you can keep the adderall for daytime. Try a new doctor, this doctor has NO but a big NO clue what the fuck he's doing.

Also we no doctors, so we can only give you perspective.

yes, I have been exercising and changed my eating habits to doing intermittent fasting where I only eat once a day... I guess my main question was since one is a downer and one is an upper is it going to cause harm to me lol it reminds me of how people do heroin and coke at the same time

This is not as extreme as speedball, but it does not make much sense either. I don't know your previous usage of benzos but 4mg of Xanax is quite a dose. If you need a higher dose of benzo because you're dependent on them than it would make more sense to use a smaller dose of Klonopin in the morning and bigger in the evening, after Adderall stops working. Like 0.5 - 1mg of Klonopin in the morning and 2mg in the evening. That would make more sense if you really need a potent benzo during the day. Talk to your doctor and tell him your concerns.

20mg Adderall in the evening? madness

I'd be trying 20mg Adderall in the mornings, 1mg Xanax at night

Having said that, tolerance and then addiction to both substances could be pretty rapid and you could end up with two nasty monkeys on your back

I'll echo what someone above has said - diet / exercise and meditation practices could be massively helpful and should always be (properly) checked out before going down the medication route - much more preferable on every level

This is not as extreme as speedball, but it does not make much sense either. I don't know your previous usage of benzos but 4mg of Xanax is quite a dose. If you need a higher dose of benzo because you're dependent on them than it would make more sense to use a smaller dose of Klonopin in the morning and bigger in the evening, after Adderall stops working. Like 0.5 - 1mg of Klonopin in the morning and 2mg in the evening. That would make more sense if you really need a potent benzo during the day. Talk to your doctor and tell him your concerns.

I was on 1mg xanax 3 x day for like 3 years then I stopped taking it and then I decided I needed back on then he put me back up to the 2mg 2x day...but it wasn't like I was getting sick from not having them I just stopped taking them and I was doing ok and then some things came up in my life where I realized that I needed to be back on them and that's what he put me on

I am kot playing doctor, but if you really need adderall than clonazepam lower dose in the morning and higher in the evening would be more sensible way to go. Going straight to 4mg alprazolam does not make much sense. Especially if your biggest concern is focus and energy. But like I said, I am not a doctor and discuss it with your, as you raised a proper concern. :)

My doctor just put me on Adderall 30 mg in the morning and 20 mg in the evening, not for ADD... He also put me on Xanax 2mg 2 times a day at the same time as I take my Adderall...I'm trying to understand how this is going to help me b/c they each do something different and all I keep thinking of its kinda like speedballing... So I guess I'm just asking you guys think this is safe and if you think this will still help me in the areas I need help? and I'm sorry I'm very new here so I'm doing this right!! Any info would be very much appreciated....thx

What are you diagnosed with??? If your bipolar he prally gave you adderal for concentration n told you to take the xanax at the same time to combat some of the mania that comes along with adderal with people who are bipolar

So...in the midnight after sleeping pill you son take some speed...it might be because you're fast dreamer...:unsure::unsure:;)
joking a little. since you don't know what GAD is do your homework and try convince him to give you pregabalin to taper of benzos
have you had a panick attack ever?
Speedball is not that infact amphetamine and alprazolam works on different transponders.....ask him about Mirtazapine?? before sleep