• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Acupuncture and addictions

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Have any of you had firsthand experience with acupuncture for addictions treatment like resetting the triggers of drug usage or relapse prevention? What is known about acupuncture that can be applied to addictions of all kinds? I have heard of smoking cessation being very effective. Anything for Opioid dependance or cravings?

Last edited:
Had an Acupuncture session today which consisted of five needles in each ear. Cravings seemed to lessen. Placebo? I’m not sure. But feel calm and relaxed at least.

Have any of you had firsthand experience with acupuncture for addictions treatment like resetting the triggers of drug usage or relapse prevention? What is known about acupuncture that can be applied to addictions of all kinds? I have heard of smoking cessation being very effective. Anything for Opioid dependance or cravings?
yes, doesn't do shit

I think that the thing behind acupuncture is that one can get relaxed, calmer and, on account of that, one can deal better with the addiction related issues

4 Acupuncture sessions completed on consecutive days. I have been sleeping better; no nightmares for a change. Note: I have been clean off substances except my prescribed Suboxone since Nov 30th, 2019. My body is still adjusting especially in the early mornings and energy levels upon awakening.