ACQUITTED!! What next?

dported

Ex-Bluelighter
I was recently acquitted by directed verdict of six counts of serious violent crimes.

Now I want restitution. I need compensation for the $50,000 I spent on my attorney, the travelling expenses back and forth across the United States for court hearings, hotel fees, private investigators, etc.

Also, I suffered alot of mental anguish as a result of going up against multiple life sentences. I was in jail in a very violent section, without ever being charged or questioned. They held me for 90 days on suspicion. It forced me to relocate, I couldn't pay my rent, i broke a lease, I was evicted, I had to leave school, my loans were getting messed up because I couldn't call the bank to handle my student loans... I need the money they swindled out of me. I also wish to sue for malicious prosecution, pain & suffering, etc... since I was never questioned, there was no evidence, and the victim said I WAS NOT INVOLVED... and if you listen to the tapes, the victims say "he was NOT involved." The state chose to try me... and they lost. bad.

During this situation I had a girlfriend as well who it completely destroyed and we have both had to seek counseling for this. Also I was forced to take drug tests for almost two years and pay for them, and goto drug counseling... and I didnt even use drugs... They just wanted to blame me for all these crimes which i didn't commit.

The victims in the crimes said I WAS NOT INVOLED.

The State did not believe them. But at trial the victims expressed that i was innocent, and the judge granted my motion for a directed verdict. Then the detective pushed me.

i am sorry this is extremely incoherent I know, please ask questions or flame, and see if we can't straighten me out a lil bit.

Basically I want to know what do i do next? Who do I contact, which type of attorney do I need? I am in the process of retreiving the transcripts for my case which is about $3000.

Can I sue them? What type of attorney must I contact to ask his opinion?

Thank you fellow bluelighters. I have looked to you for guidance for many years now.

In which state were the charges brought, and in which state do you currently reside?

Did the victims say you were involved?

J/k.. congrats on the verdict and hopefully you get the restitution paid to you.

you might have to dish out more money to hire an attorney to sue or even just to get legal advice about suing! it sucks that you went through all this bullshit, i hope your situation works out.

Find the best civil litigator in your area and pay the asking price. You get what you pay for. You have a good statute time here, so don't rush until you have the cash to afford a winner.