View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

acid makes my boyfriend sick.

micky_mouse

Bluelighter
every time me and my boyfriend do acid, the next day he always gets the flu. we've done it 4-5 times and its the same result every time. last time we were warm for most of the trip. is it an allergic reaction? has anyone got any experience with this?

Do you mean he literally gets the flu, that is, influenza? Or he just gets flu-like symptoms the next day?

That's really weird. Never heard of that. It sounds like a coincidence... a really weird one. Does your boyfriend normally get sick a lot? Does he normally get the flu a lot?

maybe the dude you're buying the acid from is a carrier of the flu virus

this is not a known side effect of LSD so i say it is either coincidence or something related to the trip - did both of you come into close contact with the dealer? did you do anything out of the ordinary while tripping? i have gotten a bit sick a few times by tripping outdoors all night.. allergy to LSD is not a known issue - it would be like 1 in 1,000,000 and i don't think it would present itself as flu like symptoms..

well, now that you mention it, most of our trips have either been outside, or naked inside. that's probably it. but i usually ALWAYS have the flu, but after i take it i feel fine for a few days. weird :/

Might not be LSD? I took some unknown blotter one time (I think 5-meo-AMT) and I was sick like I had food poisoning for close to 24 hours. After effects last even longer. This definitely was not LSD in my case though.

I don't see any possible correlation with the flu and the LSD intake.

Are you absolutely positive that he is not confusing the weary weirdness of a day after Cid with flu symptoms?

I got sick a couple of times after taking strong stimulants (Amphetamine) and dancing all night in the presence of sweaty strangers (Rave). But I think amphetamine (or any strong CNS stimulant) has a short-term negative effect on the immune system.

Never heard of LSD having a similar action though...

^ no, it's definitely lsd.

You can't be absolutely sure unless you have had it tested via expensive lab procedures.

Out of curiosity, did the blotters (is that the form you took them in?) have any taste?

5-MeO-AMT, like someone said, for many people produces sick feelings, often afterwards too. But also there are people it agrees with who find it to be a great trip, similar to LSD. And it's one of the chemicals whose dose is low enough to fit on a blotter. it is sometimes sold as LSD because it's much more easily available if you know where to look and will fit on a blotter.

Although, does your boyfriend report feeling sick during it or only after? I'd think if it was that, he'd feel sick during the trip too.

I don't think 5me0-AMT creates flu symptoms tho - you might feel sick, but if someone can't tell the difference between flu and feeling sick then they've either never had the flu or they are seriously mentally deficient.

Perhaps the boyfriend is a sissy with such a piss-poor immune system that a late night leaves him at deaths door.

Yeah, I don't think this to be the case... I probably wouldn't have thought of it had it not been mentioned.

This is very bizarre and I've never heard of anything like it before. You mentioned that you "always have the flu", but that after you take LSD you feel fine for a few days? Are you guys living in a pile of viruses or something?? :)

well maybe since psyches such as lsd and shrooms kill your hunger, maybe he isn't eating food at all? loss of nutrition?

Have you actually been to a doctor and confirmed that he is sick with influenza when this happens?

Influenza is viral. Either whoever you get the LSD from is one sickly dude, or the LSD supply itself is somehow contaminated (although I don't think influenza viruses tend to be viable long outside a living host). Does LSD suppress the immune system like many drugs do? That could also contribute...

There is certainly no direct link between LSD-25 and the influenza virus, so if your description of the situation is accurate (it really is LSD y'all are taking and it really is the flu your BF is getting the next day), there's gotta be some other correlation with how you acquire or dose the acid, IMO, that is exposing him to the pathogen. If I had to guess, though, I'd say you're wrong about it being the flu and it's just flu-like symptoms brought on by whatever drug you're taking that was sold as LSD (maybe he just has an atypical reaction to acid or maybe it's 5-MeO-AMT or something as others have suggested).

i usually get mucus-y sinuses when i take acid, with kind of a cold metal feeling too,
as if my nasal cavity is made of spoons or forks...

nearly every time i trip, i have to go to the bathroom at SOME point in the trip and "de-mucus" my nose & throat.
after that im fine for the rest of it.

remember, drugs affect people differently.
although i HIGHLY, highly doubt that your man has the actual flu.

he just sounds like a pussy to me. a pussy who goes outside and spends his trips in the cold cold air or nekked, with no food, and stays up for ages,
thus depleting his health.

i have wondered in the past exactly how dirty the blotters that get down to me have been.. i mean literally - how many people have grabbed it with sweaty hands and shoved it into plastic? how many times has it been pulled out and cut down from the sheet..? maybe they hid it betwixt their butt cheeks in an airport? i would be interested if people actually found this to be an issue with blotter...

but actually - i am more on the side of the naked all night type situation.. i can hardly count the time my friends and i did health risk things while tripping.. lol.. out in the snow for 36 hours.. out in the woods all night on numerous occasions.. out in the driving rain and sleet playing tennis.. lol.. :)