• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Acetone washing and routes of amphetamine administration

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter

Many advocate drying the acetone with bath salts but some claim otherwise in terms of efficacy?

Any experience using 99% acetone vs 99% dried acetone?

Even washed when lab tested that amphetamine came back 66% pure with no caffeine.

What does the other 34% consist of? i.e. what else is amphetamine cut with?

ROA's, snorting lines, oral, redosing until you get the desired effect; anything else?

How does it differ from meth in terms of effect?

It makes a big difference, because even a tiny bit of water will dissolve quite a bit of many drugs, including amphetamine/methamphetamine, and cocaine. Even getting 99% pure anhydrous, reagent-grade acetone, it will absorb moisture from the air after being opened, and may have absorbed moisture even before being opened. Even 1mL of water will dissolve 2 entire grams of cocaine. Not sure about meth but I know a lot of it will dissolve in a tiny bit of water, it's probably similar. 1mL of water is a very small amount, so even traces of it will cause you to lose a lot of product. That's why the drying with dehydrated epsom salts is necessary. Epsom salt will also absorb water from the air, so you have to dry it for 2 hours in the oven at lowish temperature first, too.

But it's easy, get a bottle of lab-grade 99% anhydrous acetone, bake a good quantity of epsom salts in the oven for 2 hours, and then pour in as much epsom salt as will fit in the bottle, and swirl it around a bit. Then cap the bottle. You only have to do it the one time, after that the epsom salt will stay in there and if you did it right and used a lot, the bottle of acetone will remain "dry" indefinitely.

It makes a big difference, because even a tiny bit of water will dissolve quite a bit of many drugs, including amphetamine/methamphetamine, and cocaine. Even getting 99% pure anhydrous, reagent-grade acetone, it will absorb moisture from the air after being opened, and may have absorbed moisture even before being opened. Even 1mL of water will dissolve 2 entire grams of cocaine. Not sure about meth but I know a lot of it will dissolve in a tiny bit of water, it's probably similar. 1mL of water is a very small amount, so even traces of it will cause you to lose a lot of product. That's why the drying with dehydrated epsom salts is necessary. Epsom salt will also absorb water from the air, so you have to dry it for 2 hours in the oven at lowish temperature first, too.

But it's easy, get a bottle of lab-grade 99% anhydrous acetone, bake a good quantity of epsom salts in the oven for 2 hours, and then pour in as much epsom salt as will fit in the bottle, and swirl it around a bit. Then cap the bottle. You only have to do it the one time, after that the epsom salt will stay in there and if you did it right and used a lot, the bottle of acetone will remain "dry" indefinitely.

Keep the epsom salt in the bottle?

How do you make sure you don't get epsom salt mixed with the drug product when you're pouring the acetone on it for the wash?

Methanol works better than acetone as cuts that are used on amphetamine sulfat usually have better solubility in methanol rather than acetone.

As for dosing, I generally prefer to insufflate smaller lines until I reached the desired effect.
As per oral, I find that dropping a big dose at once gives the hairline tingles faster.

Don't know how it compares to meth as I've never tried meth (I've never actually found it around here either).

Is it okay to wash amphetamine paste, or should you wait until it's dried out to powder?

You should definately dry it out first, then weigh it again before you wash it..

Even 1mL of water will dissolve 2 entire grams of cocaine. Not sure about meth but I know a lot of it will dissolve in a tiny bit of water, it's probably similar.

Meth data sheets usually say 0.5g/ml solubility in water. So not as water soluble as coke, but enough that you can cram way too much into a very tiny tiny shot if you IV it. Which is why you should never eyeball weight when dissolving meth.

It’s also very hygroscopic so will soak up a fair amount of water - as will acetone.

Is it okay to wash amphetamine paste, or should you wait until it's dried out to powder?
You can wash the paste directly.

Keep the epsom salt in the bottle?

How do you make sure you don't get epsom salt mixed with the drug product when you're pouring the acetone on it for the wash?
Just pass the acetone through a coffee filter or similar. Remember to dry the epson salts beforehand (you can put them in the oven for 1-2h depending on the amount).

"Anhydrous" acetone is better but IME it doesn't really make much difference when it comes to amphetamines (either amp sulfate or meth), you can still use pure acetone without drying it first. On the other hand, dried acetone is mandatory if you want to wash cocaine hcl.
Just don't use a whole glass of acetone, you only need enough to cover the powder/paste.

The epsom salts settle to the bottom of the container when mixed with acetone. Like sand in an aquarium or snow in a snow globe. The acetone above that is crystal clear and contains no epsom salts - so if you mix up say 500 mls of acetone + Epsom you might have 15-20 cm of clear anhydrous acetone above 1-2 cm of sedimented epsom salts. Depends on your container - narrow and deep better.

You can easily draw it off to clean your gear using a pippette, turkey baster, ear syringe, regular syringe, a straw etc etc. You only need max 50 ml to thoroughly clean a gram or two of meth or regular amps.

But you should give the storage container a regular shake and let to epsom salts settle again to keep it perfectly dry if you don’t use it that much.

You can wash the paste directly.

Just pass the acetone through a coffee filter or similar. Remember to dry the epson salts beforehand (you can put them in the oven for 1-2h depending on the amount).

"Anhydrous" acetone is better but IME it doesn't really make much difference when it comes to amphetamines (either amp sulfate or meth), you can still use pure acetone without drying it first. On the other hand, dried acetone is mandatory if you want to wash cocaine hcl.
Just don't use a whole glass of acetone, you only need enough to cover the powder/paste.

Cheers, by "pure acetone" you mean not treated with epsom salts but says 99% acetone on the bottle?

i.e. provided one doesn't use too much, amph isn't as soluble in water as cocaine and drying it isn't mandatory?

Is drying it with epsom salts bothersome?
I have all the equipment to hand but if it really doesn't make too much difference given it's regular speed paste....

Cheers, by "pure acetone" you mean not treated with epsom salts but says 99% acetone on the bottle?

i.e. provided one doesn't use too much, amph isn't as soluble in water as cocaine and drying it isn't mandatory?

Is drying it with epsom salts bothersome?
I have all the equipment to hand but if it really doesn't make too much difference given it's regular speed paste....
Yeah 99% acetone.
I've done plenty of quick washes with regular acetone (without drying it). As long as you're not using an old bottle of acetone there won't be *too much* water in it, plus I think a little bit of water may even be beneficial to get rid of some potential cuts (sugars for example).

Using epsom salts is pretty straightforward, it just takes a little bit longer (because you have to dry the salts first if you want to be thorough) but that's pretty much it.

Drying the Epsom salts is very very simple. All you need is oven, baking tray, and time.

Preparing and using Anhydrous acetone with Epsom salts has the added bonus of making you feel like a pro-level drug fiend who uses words like ‘anhydrous’ and ‘hygroscopic’ instead of being just another crazy old tweaker…

Drying the Epsom salts is very very simple. All you need is oven, baking tray, and time.

Preparing and using Anhydrous acetone with Epsom salts has the added bonus of making you feel like a pro-level drug fiend who uses words like ‘anhydrous’ and ‘hygroscopic’ instead of being just another crazy old tweaker…

I don't have an oven.

I have an air fryer;

Which is basically a compact convection oven. Thoughts?

I don't have an oven.

I have an air fryer;

Which is basically a compact convection oven. Thoughts?
I don \’t think it would work because the air fryer fan would keep circulating new airf with moisture in it over the Epsom salts preventing it from dessicating properly. In a regular convection oven you need to turn the fan off for the same reason.

Yeah 99% acetone.
I've done plenty of quick washes with regular acetone (without drying it). As long as you're not using an old bottle of acetone there won't be *too much* water in it, plus I think a little bit of water may even be beneficial to get rid of some potential cuts (sugars for example).

Using epsom salts is pretty straightforward, it just takes a little bit longer (because you have to dry the salts first if you want to be thorough) but that's pretty much it.

And you only have to do it once per bottle of acetone, too.

I don \’t think it would work because the air fryer fan would keep circulating new airf with moisture in it over the Epsom salts preventing it from dessicating properly. In a regular convection oven you need to turn the fan off for the same reason.

Really?

Anyone second this?

Can't use the convection feature in a regular oven even?

I've read an air fryer for drying epsom = a snow blower stunt double.

Would it be possible to use a grill to dry epsom salts in place of an oven?

Honestly I would think an air fryer would work... the heat should cause the water to all evaporate out, despite the circulation of fresh air. I'm not 100% positive about that, though. It's not like even regular ovens are airtight, there is always some air exchange, and it's exposed to fresh air when taken out of the oven, too. The point is to evaporate the water currently in it. Even if traces are still in there, it's fine, after all, the epsom salt is going to absorb the water from the acetone while it's in the acetone.