• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Acetaminophen Limit For Single Dose?

newbie22

Bluelighter
In other words, what's the limit for tylenol at once? I didn't even realize the hydros I took earlier were 500s instead of 325, so I took 3500mg of acetaminophen at once. I need to buy some NAC but the vitamin shoppe doesn't open until 11 tomorrow. Will I be ok?

it varies widly from individual to individual

one SHOULDNT take more then 2000mg in one sitting and 4000mg throughout the day

however some, particularly those who take hydrocdone frequently can and will take upwards of 4000-5000 at a time (NOT A GOOD IDEA), but that doesnt mean that they arent doing serious damage on the inside by taking that much

you should invite someone over to watch u n make sure ok, if ur used to takin vikes then 3500 at once shouldnt be that big o deal, atleast u didnt go over the daily limit

1g in a shot is the limit. 2g a day maximum.

Between you and me, take as few as you can.

Death occurs with amounts above 12 grams in a shot.

you should invite someone over to watch u n make sure ok, if ur used to takin vikes then 3500 at once shouldnt be that big o deal, atleast u didnt go over the daily limit

Damn, I also took 3000mg 16 hrs before now that I think about. That's 6500 in one day. As I understand, the limit per day is ~150mg/kg. If that's the case my limit would be 9432. I'm just worried because both doses were at once. Does that NAC help even after it's been 12 hrs?

Damn, I also took 3000mg 16 hrs before now that I think about. That's 6500 in one day. As I understand, the limit per day is ~150mg/kg. If that's the case my limit would be 9432. I'm just worried because both doses were at once. Does that NAC help even after it's been 12 hrs?

Dude you're fine, you only die at like, 12g+ in a shot. The problem is not the deadly dose...it's the long term toxic effects.

Dude you're fine, you only die at like, 12g+ in a shot. The problem is not the deadly dose...it's the long term toxic effects.

You need to be careful with the information you give. 12 grams "in a shot" (which I hope means "at once" and not actually IV) might not be fatal in your opinion/experience, but a dose like that could have detrimental effects to someone else.

You'll be fine, just stay away from alcohol and the like.

Right, you will be fine, but to be safer dont make 3.5 grams of tylenol a regular occurance. If you do this once every blue moon you aren't doing too much damage to be worried about.

I would avoid it at all costs personally. Do a CWE so your liver is happy. Drug addicts don't get front line spots for new organs. Serious damage and death can occur over 6-6.5g of APAP. It will vary from person to person. Some people are ignorant about this. Glad you looked into it. Just because Jim bob survived 6g doesn't mean you will be as lucky. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice. I actually read that the NAC they sell at vitamin shops isn't much help because of the weak bioavailability of taking it orally. But, I have been taking milk thistle regularly so hopefully that helps counteract the toxicity. Damn doctors, they seem to be prescribing Vicodin with more Tylenol and less hydrocodone.

My doctor gave me the 10/325 which are not so damaging. Yes you need to
be careful with your tylenol intake. My sister died when she was just 33, not
from that, but too much hard drink combined with pills.
:(

^1g is the same as 1000mg. If you're using the 7.5/750 ES pills, I wouldn't take more than 2-3 (1.5-2.25g) at a time.

I took 16g in one go as a teenager and have no lasting damage. I don't recommend doing this but it just shows how some people are fine with large doses.

Reported for vouching a deadly dose.

FFS, the whole point of me saying that was to demonstrate that everyone is different, so what might be deadly for one person is okay for another. Did you not read the 'obviously I don't recommend you do this'? I'm trying to reassure the guy after he's already taken a dose. Get a life.

You obviously don't understand that what I wrote was not intended as saying it's okay to do this! He's already taken his paracetamol so I'm trying to tell him that large doses aren't necessarily a death sentence. I've a good mind to report you for being a dick. Go ahead, report me for saying that too.