• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Accidental artery injecting!

Addictedgamer

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm an I.v heroin user that has used for many years and hit many arteries! About an hour ago i pushed in the whole 1ml needle full of gear before I felt that horrible burning sensation! I think the belt I had around my shoulder was too tight to feel the pain until it was too late! I injected into my blood bank under the arm pit and my hand and fingers have swelled up to 3 times the normal size! IV had this many times but only pushed in a couple mls before stopping and pulling it out! However on this occasion there was no blood rushing out as normal but it was definitely an artery and my hand is swollen big time!

im worried now, what do I do? IV used ice on my hand but have pain in the part of my arm that bends at the elbow!

Any my info would be greatly appreciated??

many thanks.

You have go to the ER as soon as possible. Stop looking for help from Internet as no one here can prevent you from a loss of your fingers or even whole hand.

There are plenty of things that can be done in ER to prevent you losing your limb after accidental intra-arterial injection but those can't be done at your home and by yourself or by anyone without access to the stuff and knowledge in hospital setting.

My collegue still feels guilty of injecting a wounded battle brother with Oxanest into artery as he lost his whole fucking hand as we couldn't get him into our field hospital soon enough.

Injecting street drugs into artery has even higher risk of losing limb due the stuff used to cut the drug.

Yea dude . I accidentally injected a 40 unit solution of about 1/8th of an 8mg suboxone strip and water into my radial artery a couple days ago, and of course turned to the internet for information on it. That info just made me more worried. All fingers pointed to going to the ER IMMEDIATELY. If course my asshole friend didn't feel like driving me, so I sucked up any pride and fear of the law getting me and went to the ER myself. I really should have called 911, but I didn't. But the hospital just took my blood and checked for sign of infection, there was none they said, and said there was no signs of clotting cuz my hand isn't too badly swollen. So they discharged me, and told me to keep an eye on it and come back IMMEDIATELY if I notice any changes.

So , though the arc of where the index finger meets thumb and the area and the area of my wrist and below my thumb is still stiff and hurts like a bitch still, I lie with more comfort having been to a hospital and presenting to them exactly what happened, rather than just guessing off the internet man. Hope you are ok dude.