• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Abused Xanax for ages and then I switched to diazepam

dandypandy

Bluelighter
Hi guys I'm from UK so benzos not a option by doctor so u no where.Abused Xanax for ages initially weekends and then it got me. Switched over to diazepam and surprisingly after tolerance of 10-15mg ksaol Xanax I got stable on 60mg diazepam every other day now down to 30, mg every other day but I keep wanting to smash loads of benzos but held back

How slow should I go from now? Thanks

How long were you on the Xanax and how long have you been taking the Valium?

After taking that into consideration, the length of your taper should be symptom based

I'm going to assume you weren't taking those high doses of Xanax for too long because if you were, you would still be getting nasty fucking withdrawals on that amount of Valium

Look up the Ashton Manual Milk Taper. It is a solid way to draw down.

Really I take for granted how I easily can buy benzos otc here. U guys struggle to get em when I can go up to a pharmacy and get real shit, for real cheap. I never run out. 4mg a day maintain my tranquility. Lols

Hi guys I'm from UK so benzos not a option by doctor so u no where.Abused Xanax for ages initially weekends and then it got me. Switched over to diazepam and surprisingly after tolerance of 10-15mg ksaol Xanax I got stable on 60mg diazepam every other day now down to 30, mg every other day but I keep wanting to smash loads of benzos but held back

How slow should I go from now? Thanks

Hey ☺️ I don't know the answer to your question, just wanted to say well done doing that and controlling your urges. It's a pretty big downgrade.

I can’t answer your question but I was addicted to Xanax and diazepam and temazepam years ago.

Then I got a bundle of Xanax diazepam clonzepam nitrazepam zopiclone and what I do is take a different one in evening for 4 nights and only clonzepam for daytime anxiety

Then I’ll have week off everything just work go gym and take Modafinil moda helps keep me straight and go gym etc

I find I get no tolerance swapping I take minimal and feel relaxed and I not addicted as I then go a week without any before having a week back on

This helped me personally hope this helps you also

How long were you on the Xanax and how long have you been taking the Valium?

After taking that into consideration, the length of your taper should be symptom based

I'm going to assume you weren't taking those high doses of Xanax for too long because if you were, you would still be getting nasty fucking withdrawals on that amount of Valium

I have a lot of experience with benzodiazepine abuse and addiction. I seriously doubt that anyone would get withdrawals from any amount of xanax if it is substituted by a whopping 60mg of diazepam. Yes, you may feel slightly uncomfortable and you may be craving higher levels of benzos but that is not proper withdrawal. In my experience, gabaergic substances are quite forgiving when it comes to dose reductions or to substitution. I was extremely dependent on GBL, ingested 30ml every day just to function. 50mg of diazepam completely blocked the GBL withdrawal, no problems whatsoever. Similarly, I witnessed my alcoholic dad substituting insane amounts of liquor with just 2.5mg/day of Klonopin, he didn't go into withdrawal, he was just a bit shaky and weak.

When I was heavily addicted to xanax and diazepam I ate around two whole blisters of the two benzos per day, that was 10mg xanax and 100mg diazepam. When I stopped taking them, it took almost a week before withdrawal even started properly. The xanax concentration in my blood was gone after two days but the residual and declining levels of diazepam and metabolites kept me out of withdrawal for at least another 5 days. It takes far less benzo to prevent withdrawal than it takes to get you "high".

@OP: Why do you take the diazepam EOD? That gives you a rollercoaster of blood levels. Instead of 30mg EOD, why not try 10mg daily as your next step?

I have a lot of experience with benzodiazepine abuse and addiction. I seriously doubt that anyone would get withdrawals from any amount of xanax if it is substituted by a whopping 60mg of diazepam. Yes, you may feel slightly uncomfortable and you may be craving higher levels of benzos but that is not proper withdrawal. In my experience, gabaergic substances are quite forgiving when it comes to dose reductions or to substitution. I was extremely dependent on GBL, ingested 30ml every day just to function. 50mg of diazepam completely blocked the GBL withdrawal, no problems whatsoever. Similarly, I witnessed my alcoholic dad substituting insane amounts of liquor with just 2.5mg/day of Klonopin, he didn't go into withdrawal, he was just a bit shaky and weak.

When I was heavily addicted to xanax and diazepam I ate around two whole blisters of the two benzos per day, that was 10mg xanax and 100mg diazepam. When I stopped taking them, it took almost a week before withdrawal even started properly. The xanax concentration in my blood was gone after two days but the residual and declining levels of diazepam and metabolites kept me out of withdrawal for at least another 5 days. It takes far less benzo to prevent withdrawal than it takes to get you "high".

@OP: Why do you take the diazepam EOD? That gives you a rollercoaster of blood levels. Instead of 30mg EOD, why not try 10mg daily as your next step?
I was taking maybe 15 10mg diazepam a day and when I had Xanax bars or ksaol I was taking maybe 6mg, I was messy.

This was the case maybe 6-7 years

Then I discovered Modafinil which I take in mornings also for work and I go gym and exercise hard.

Example monday clonzepam.5-1mg for anxiety at work / night diazepam 20-30mg

Tues clonz.5 mg night zopiclone 7.5mg
Wednesday clonz .5 mg night nitrazepam 10mg
Thursday clonz 0.5mg day xanax 1-2 mg night

Modafinil 200mg in morning

Then 1 week I won’t take any benzo just Modafinil

If I’m stressed or work is hard I’ll take clonz in 0.5 doses. I don’t miss benzo now like I used to I use it for a reason now and my doses are purely to stop anxiety or help sleep I never go over the dose

Also I have no tolerance zopiclone 7.5mg makes me sleep 8 hours now nitrazepam knocks me out xanax at 1-2 mg melts anxiety away and 20 mg diazepam chills me, I’ve done this for 2 years now successfully

Also I’ll add clonzepam is amazing best daytime anxiety killer at 0.5 mg wow but it is important to add I do go gym also 5 days a week as well as work.

This is my personal way and this worked for me so if this helps anyone else I’ll be happy to have helped.

When I was taking 10-15 10mg diazepam daily Xanax and 3-4 20 mg temazepam man I was a mess tolerance build also I was fucked couldn’t see a way out then I found Modafinil and I made this plan and this saved me no doubt

I was taking maybe 15 10mg diazepam a day and when I had Xanax bars or ksaol I was taking maybe 6mg, I was messy.

This was the case maybe 6-7 years

Then I discovered Modafinil which I take in mornings also for work and I go gym and exercise hard.

Example monday clonzepam.5-1mg for anxiety at work / night diazepam 20-30mg

Tues clonz.5 mg night zopiclone 7.5mg
Wednesday clonz .5 mg night nitrazepam 10mg
Thursday clonz 0.5mg day xanax 1-2 mg night

Modafinil 200mg in morning

Then 1 week I won’t take any benzo just Modafinil

If I’m stressed or work is hard I’ll take clonz in 0.5 doses. I don’t miss benzo now like I used to I use it for a reason now and my doses are purely to stop anxiety or help sleep I never go over the dose

Also I have no tolerance zopiclone 7.5mg makes me sleep 8 hours now nitrazepam knocks me out xanax at 1-2 mg melts anxiety away and 20 mg diazepam chills me, I’ve done this for 2 years now successfully

Also I’ll add clonzepam is amazing best daytime anxiety killer at 0.5 mg wow but it is important to add I do go gym also 5 days a week as well as work.

This is my personal way and this worked for me so if this helps anyone else I’ll be happy to have helped.

When I was taking 10-15 10mg diazepam daily Xanax and 3-4 20 mg temazepam man I was a mess tolerance build also I was fucked couldn’t see a way out then I found Modafinil and I made this plan and this saved me no doubt

I'm very similar to you.diff in ways.as I'm alcoholic. stopped in rehab and detoxed the booxe=hell. sober 10vyears from booze the doctor had me on 3 x 10mg diazepam a day for 3 years then as alotvof uk folk and others know they cut me off no reduction.just 2 weeks supply and oh no.coulf not pick up booze so bought from all over from India China in-between and was a mess valium.temazepam alprazolam pregablin soma morphine tablets codeine.then found modifinil. WOW I'm surprised more speed freaks don't choose this instead clean and it created my mind into the version that left rehab.sober and just diazepam.with my doctors morph and codeine.major accident smashed bones.anyway.i now don't take any benzo when I wake up.i can easy wait.modafinil it seems taught me how to not eat benzos like sweets..thanks for your post..I also have stopped moda for a while.going on vacation so will rake some to be more awake and also to keep the ton of benzos at bay.