• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Absolutely No Black Tar on The East Coast?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
17 year user here. NY / CO / AZ :

My understanding from talking to high level handlers: tar is from MX, powder Columbia.

There is an agreement b/w the two collections of cartels. ECP stays E of Mississippi and tar west.

Only place I’ve even heard of both, and tar was in the minority, was NOLA (New Orleans) and that was still mostly powder.

S. AZ bth in mid 00s was and may still be Da bomb. Smokes, waterlines, plugs, shoots - all ROAs possible, pass on oral of course.

Discrete IN use or to carry IV doses ready to go, put a g in a visine bottle with bacteriostatic saline (not sterile after handling but better than tap water) and drop in nose or load a clean rig through a cotton on tip of bottle or in cap. Not great HR, but sometimes we do our best when we have to travel. Use as needed, refrigerate any unused within the day or it turns to 6mam, and with time/heat morphine. That = histamine reaction for many. And less potency once down to morphine. I don’t know the relative potentcy of 6MAM (essentially half reacted morphine, one acetyl group is added to morphine the second not, 6MAM you could refer to as simply monoacetylmorphine.)

Some reasearch I did many years ago indicated that heroin once through the liver is MAM... not sure if that is true, if so doesn’t matter that much with the initial rush as we don’t use oral ROA

At the end of my every day use I was up to 0.5 - 1.0 g/day IV habit. It required 190-mg methadone to cover! Stuff was super pure, but contained a bit of 6MAM and morphine, but rarely, I knew by the level of itch.

Very consistant quality, when I had a connect that bought from a guy who didn’t or wouldn’t speak English. Mexican guy, wouldn’t let me see him. I had to leave the room when he came to deliver. I digress....

The best was actually brown powder, dark brown, that turned to tar with heat (ballon in mouth = tar, kept cool = powder.). Once turned to tar only way I could return it to powder was freezing it, allowing it warm up without condensation and cutting it with razor.

Didnt’t need to do that though.

Back then I was getting - tested by DEA and local prosecutors as - 80 - 90+% purity.

Cut stuff was usually done by over cooking coffee down to a tar consistancy and mixing it. If it smelled like coffee no buy. Vinegar odor = a bit under refined but better quality. The top shelf stuff has an indecsribable odor - slight vinegar (acetic anhydride to be accurate) and a slight opium odor.

I miss that stuff.

If you’re a true diacetylmorphine connoseur your best bet is going to Tucson, El Paso or San Diego for a vacation.

Ahhhh... the old days.

Be safe east coasters. Be safe regardless, bth should be micron filtered for certain.

Last edited:
the fuck is kratam? damn dude out of all the posts ive seeen on H yours scared the shit outta me. its that bad huh? maybe its different in different regions . providence

Mitragyna Speciosa. It's a plant, as the lovely Kittycat5 said, it's from Asia. It stimulates similar receptors to opiates. I am still perplexed that people are unaware of it. It is INSANELY useful for mood (post acute withdrawal if you are addicted) and it even helped with opiate withdrawals. It is a legal plant extract (in California at least) but of course it is nowhere near as troublesome as opium/heroin/opiates. It won't make you nod or feel insane euphoria (tho I've heard people achieve those affects off rediculously high doses). To be fair, I have taken an ounce worth of kratom to my dome, and it made me painfully nauseous. I did get a pretty intense nod after puking, but sadly I correlated that nod to a fentanyl nod.. no euphoria, just sedation.

And hey man, this is some scary shit. It is truly not a joke anymore. I am sorry to say, but yes this is a frightening post and topic and you should be scared if you value your life at all. Opiates are not what they use to be. The east coast is gettin hit bad with all the ports and stuff. California is on its way. I saw fent zannys, and fake script pills here and there.

If you are desperate or have no self worth, you will gamble your life with the chances.
otherwise I recommend you TRULY know your sources or get legit script pain pills if you wanna be safe.
This shit is scary and it's really happening.

Over 1,000 ODs in a single year in a single county in the small state of New Jersey is an underrated ordeal :(
(talkin about Camden and Newark)
RIP to all the taken souls...

Yea im 22 and I was on here just trying to get a basic understanding of heroin. I play guitar and plan on doing it. who knows when. damn yea In florida when i was 13 they had this shit called K2 . (sythethic marijuana). weird high it gave you. take a hit and freak out for 20 minutes. some kids had seizures , sure enough its just as bad in rhode island because of the ports. I think china obviously hates america lol. im not very social so its gonna be a fun challenge

17 year user here. NY / CO / AZ :

My understanding from talking to high level handlers: tar is from MX, powder Columbia.

There is an agreement b/w the two collections of cartels. ECP stays E of Mississippi and tar west.

Only place I’ve even heard of both, and tar was in the minority, was NOLA (New Orleans) and that was still mostly powder.

S. AZ bth in mid 00s was and may still be Da bomb. Smokes, waterlines, plugs, shoots - all ROAs possible, pass on oral of course.

Discrete IN use or to carry IV doses ready to go, put a g in a visine bottle with bacteriostatic saline (not sterile after handling but better than tap water) and drop in nose or load a clean rig through a cotton on tip of bottle or in cap. Not great HR, but sometimes we do our best when we have to travel. Use as needed, refrigerate any unused within the day or it turns to 6mam, and with time/heat morphine. That = histamine reaction for many. And less potency once down to morphine. I don’t know the relative potentcy of 6MAM (essentially half reacted morphine, one acetyl group is added to morphine the second not, 6MAM you could refer to as simply monoacetylmorphine.)

Some reasearch I did many years ago indicated that heroin once through the liver is MAM... not sure if that is true, if so doesn’t matter that much with the initial rush as we don’t use oral ROA

At the end of my every day use I was up to 0.5 - 1.0 g/day IV habit. It required 190-mg methadone to cover! Stuff was super pure, but contained a bit of 6MAM and morphine, but rarely, I knew by the level of itch.

Very consistant quality, when I had a connect that bought from a guy who didn’t or wouldn’t speak English. Mexican guy, wouldn’t let me see him. I had to leave the room when he came to deliver. I digress....

The best was actually brown powder, dark brown, that turned to tar with heat (ballon in mouth = tar, kept cool = powder.). Once turned to tar only way I could return it to powder was freezing it, allowing it warm up without condensation and cutting it with razor.

Didnt’t need to do that though.

Back then I was getting - tested by DEA and local prosecutors as - 80 - 90+% purity.

Cut stuff was usually done by over cooking coffee down to a tar consistancy and mixing it. If it smelled like coffee no buy. Vinegar odor = a bit under refined but better quality. The top shelf stuff has an indecsribable odor - slight vinegar (acetic anhydride to be accurate) and a slight opium odor.

I miss that stuff.

If you’re a true diacetylmorphine connoseur your best bet is going to Tucson, El Paso or San Diego for a vacation.

Ahhhh... the old days.

Be safe east coasters. Be safe regardless, bth should be micron filtered for certain.

Yes I like to think I am definitely a heroin connoisseur haha.
And wow! How awesome. Thanks for the info man. That is truly interesting.. hope I don't get shot for talkin about this >.> hahaha
but wow, I am curious as to why tar on one side and powder on the other...
i guess just two cartels made their own formula and swore peace? Ha. I wonder when that peace will break >=] because where there is war can be peace, and where there is peace can form war... ahh very interesting.

And yeah believe it or not I agree with you. I've heard south CA and Arizona have the purest tar. It kills people not because of its synthetic impurities but because of how pure it is... not to glorify it or romance it. It's like pure coke. Anything too pure is too strong for human consumption:/
And wow man you know your stuff! Some chemist/pharmacist knowledge ya got goin on there :)
And jeez... a half gram to a gram needing 190mg of methadone?... dear fuckin lord that is some serious fuckin shit. You were definitely fuckin with some of the purest shit out there. My half gram to a gram habit I kicked was a 10th of that...

And hey funny you mention that, some of the strongest shit I had was "gunpowder". It was dark brown and melted into a tar from heat... so I am gonna have to say genuinely pure shit definitely has to be a brown to dark brown color to at least be able to potentially consider it somewhat pure..

Damn man I am envious. I wish I knew your connects back in the day ahah.
You are right tho! Viva Mexico!! Hah. I got my black from the Bay Area, which supposedly my hooks got it from down south, supposedly...

and what do you mean bth should be micron filtered? I'm assuming that's for intravenous use right

Yea im 22 and I was on here just trying to get a basic understanding of heroin. I play guitar and plan on doing it. who knows when. damn yea In florida when i was 13 they had this shit called K2 . (sythethic marijuana). weird high it gave you. take a hit and freak out for 20 minutes. some kids had seizures , sure enough its just as bad in rhode island because of the ports. I think china obviously hates america lol. im not very social so its gonna be a fun challenge

Sadly my friend, opiates are not what they use to be :( I am 25 goin on 26 and 10 years ago I believe is when the truly good opiates began to dissipate. Oxy cotin and its formula was hands down the most euphoric back then. And within the last decade, heroin has truly began to dissolve and become fake and synthetic. Yeah there's good shit out there, but as others have said, it takes time, as well as credible, reliable, and CONSISTENT sources to truly say you've found some legit shit.. so please be careful man. Be in the right place, with the right people and in the right state of mind ( aka do it for fun. If you do it as a cure for boredom and depression/ anxiety, say hello to the beginning of addiction)... so kudos to you for educating yourself man. I promise you, educating yourself will be the one thing to save your ass with all this. If you know what you're getting into, then you will know how to get out..

and ohh man I remember that k2 type shit on the west coast. It was supposedly sprayed with some type of fungas that acted as a hallucinogenic, and eventually was tested to be similar to a synthetic amphetimine.. no wonder it fucked everyone up.
China either hates America, or sees us as bafoons to profit off of because of our love of escapism...
and hey, I'm not very social myself. I truly think it's a good thing now a days! Take the time to get to know and observe people. Truly. It will save you a lot of deceit and pain ^__^

so true , being a introvert is a psychological game. Ive had months where i was raw vegan , daily meditation. then its like .....? fuck this shit? lol thanks

China definitely sees us as fools.

just my input. Over 16 years of using heroin on and off, I have only had black tar on the east coast once, in Massachusetts and it was only for a couple months in I think early 2015. My dealer had tar and powder and he said the snorters liked the powder(obviously) and the IV users like the tar. I liked the tar but I don’t know if it’s because most of the powder around, that I could find anyway, was low purity and disappointing or maybe because I had heard tar actually contains other opiate alkaloids besides morphine. All I know is as soon as I found it, it was gone.
Also had tar when living out west for half a year. That was when I first had tar and I loved it. I got higher than I had gotten in years. I am normally an IVer and was only snorting the tar (the man I lived with was anti-IV) and I still got higher snorting(water lining) the tar than I had IVing powder in many years. But I dont know if it was purer than what I was used to or if it was bc I had 3months clean at that point off of methadone, heroin, and other opiates so I had a low tolerance.

I came here just to say I had only seen tar for a couple months on the east coast in my 16 year career and wrote way more than I intended.

One more thing, just be careful. It’s so scary the shit out there these days. I am jusssssst about out of the game currently. I get high maybe 1-2 times a month and it’s annoying because the further I am getting out of the game it seems the shittier the drugs are...when I’m just like wtf man I hardly EVER get high now so on the rare occasion that I DO get to, I want my drugs to be GREAT. But I hear so much of the shit out there is either fentanyl and will kill you or is just plain bunk garbage shit! I guess I should consider myself lucky I’ve been getting the former. All my friends are dead. I’ve never overdosed thank god.

I’m stuck on suboxone right now. But If I were you man, not dependent on heroin, not NEEDING it to function, in a new place with new people, new drugs that all you hear is people are dying from it..I would take it as a prime opportunity to step the fuck back from it. Smoke weed, take your kratom, drink some beers and tell that demon that’s trying to kill you to go duck itself.

so true , being a introvert is a psychological game. Ive had months where i was raw vegan , daily meditation. then its like .....? fuck this shit? lol thanks

Hahaha that's very interesting.. I was vegitarian from 13-21 then ate meat from 21-23, screwed my stomach up due to prescription pills and cheap food/fast food so I went back to a healthier diet... I actually practice veganism now and ya know what I love it honestly. It has insanely helped. Especially since for the past year doing heroin with pills, and going in and out of withdrawal an insane and uncountable amount of times, my stomach has been hating me, so the veganism diet is great. It's light and easy on my stomach, 90% of my stomach issues have improved =)
been definately workin on meditation too, it is truly the shit. Now meditation is a psychological mindfuck in my opinion hahaha
but I feel ya in your "fuck it" stage too ahaha

China definitely sees us as fools.

just my input. Over 16 years of using heroin on and off, I have only had black tar on the east coast once, in Massachusetts and it was only for a couple months in I think early 2015. My dealer had tar and powder and he said the snorters liked the powder(obviously) and the IV users like the tar. I liked the tar but I don’t know if it’s because most of the powder around, that I could find anyway, was low purity and disappointing or maybe because I had heard tar actually contains other opiate alkaloids besides morphine. All I know is as soon as I found it, it was gone.
Also had tar when living out west for half a year. That was when I first had tar and I loved it. I got higher than I had gotten in years. I am normally an IVer and was only snorting the tar (the man I lived with was anti-IV) and I still got higher snorting(water lining) the tar than I had IVing powder in many years. But I dont know if it was purer than what I was used to or if it was bc I had 3months clean at that point off of methadone, heroin, and other opiates so I had a low tolerance.

I came here just to say I had only seen tar for a couple months on the east coast in my 16 year career and wrote way more than I intended.

One more thing, just be careful. It’s so scary the shit out there these days. I am jusssssst about out of the game currently. I get high maybe 1-2 times a month and it’s annoying because the further I am getting out of the game it seems the shittier the drugs are...when I’m just like wtf man I hardly EVER get high now so on the rare occasion that I DO get to, I want my drugs to be GREAT. But I hear so much of the shit out there is either fentanyl and will kill you or is just plain bunk garbage shit! I guess I should consider myself lucky I’ve been getting the former. All my friends are dead. I’ve never overdosed thank god.

I’m stuck on suboxone right now. But If I were you man, not dependent on heroin, not NEEDING it to function, in a new place with new people, new drugs that all you hear is people are dying from it..I would take it as a prime opportunity to step the fuck back from it. Smoke weed, take your kratom, drink some beers and tell that demon that’s trying to kill you to go duck itself.

Nice, I wouldn't doubt it's a combo of bein sober for a bit and having some pure heroin.. very nice ahaha.
and hey man, I am a fan of reading and novels so no shame in writing tons xD
and yeah dude I feel it, it's genuinely pretty grimey and uncertain these days.. And you are preaching the truth bro, I 100% feel that. I have been slippin out of the game for the past couple months. I got down to insanely low amounts. Like a point or 2 in a day a few times a week, and only 30-60mg of oxy vs triple times those amount in the past. So I am definitely more towards the end of my ropes with this shit myself.. I am down to just a couple times a month for this past month myself. By the way, props to you man! I used subs to get past the physical withdrawals this last detox I went through. I got a pretty solid system for the physical shit, but the mental is a whole other demon. You a truly right tho. I've just been smoking weed, gagging down kratom extract powder, drank some badass East Coast seasonal exclusive and delicious beer, and have been repeatedly telling demons to suck my dick! ( I am residing in a haunted house that was an 1800's church at the moment) so I am quite impressed. You are speaking my memoir right now hahahaha. Right on dude. Thank you for the kind energy, encouragement, and wise words *bows in upmost respect*

and ohh man I remember that k2 type shit on the west coast. It was supposedly sprayed with some type of fungas that acted as a hallucinogenic, and eventually was tested to be similar to a synthetic amphetimine.. no wonder it fucked everyone up.

No, it wasn't a "synthetic amphetimine(sic)", it was a synthetic cannabinoid. In an effort to explore the structure of the cannabinoid receptors, scientists had come up with a number of substances that weren't structurally related to either marijuana-derived cannabinoids like THC or the "endocannabinoids" produced by the human body, yet still bound to the receptors in-vitro, and showed cannabis-like effects in lab animals. What's more, some of these compounds were far more powerful than cannabis itself; while THC is only a "partial agonist" (like buprenorphine, it eventually reaches a point where increasing the dose will no longer cause a significant increase in effects), the synthetic cannabinoids were often "full agonists" (like morphine), capable of fully activating the receptor and getting you "more stoned than stoned". A bunch of shady "legal high"-vendors presumably read about these in an academic journal, had the Chinese synthesize some of them, then sprayed them on some random plant matter to be able to package and sell them more or less openly.

Again, these things were intended by their original creators as "research chemicals" in the strictest sense of the word: invented to do actual pharmacological research, not for anyone to get high off them. John W. Huffman, the scientist who came up with the JWH-series of compounds that were eventually used to make the original "Spice" and "K2" blends, literally stated that any human who deliberately ingested these was an idiot.

yeah just wanted to jump in and complain about the tragedy in decline of quality of ECP in the past 3 years. gone are $50 buns of delicious vinegar smelling tan H. now just tiny bags of fent for $XXX everywhere, with junkies sicker than sick ripping each other off just to stay well. at least where i am in rural upstate. but when i travel to long island, it is the same shit. very sad. hoping trumps ban on the chinese importing RC opiates forces the cartels to go back to natural dope. though with all the 55-gallon drums of carfent sitting around i fear it may take a few years. i used to think tar would be nasty, but knowing its likely actual H, i'd try smoking it in a heartbeart if i came across it.

No, it wasn't a "synthetic amphetimine(sic)", it was a synthetic cannabinoid. In an effort to explore the structure of the cannabinoid receptors, scientists had come up with a number of substances that weren't structurally related to either marijuana-derived cannabinoids like THC or the "endocannabinoids" produced by the human body, yet still bound to the receptors in-vitro, and showed cannabis-like effects in lab animals.

Pardon my lazy misinformation you are 100% correct. I must be thinkin of some other synthetic crap like bath salts.. bath salts, k2, spice.. an era I'm glad is dying/dead, cuz yes I remember when I tried spice, the packaging clearly said "not for human consumption "... ahaha aw man. Luckily I never liked it.... hey thanks for the sound info Hodor. Comin in hot with that knowledge ahahaha.
and hey, did you ever hear of that synthetic ecstasy like substance that was legal for a short time? In California they called it "Fly Like A G6" and I remember being 17 and buying a packet with a few friends at a head shop and it weirdly enough for an hour felt like a really smooth ecstasy trip.... haha that was banned very quick tho..

yeah just wanted to jump in and complain about the tragedy in decline of quality of ECP in the past 3 years. gone are $50 buns of delicious vinegar smelling tan H. now just tiny bags of fent for $XXX everywhere, with junkies sicker than sick ripping each other off just to stay well. at least where i am in rural upstate. but when i travel to long island, it is the same shit. very sad. hoping trumps ban on the chinese importing RC opiates forces the cartels to go back to natural dope. though with all the 55-gallon drums of carfent sitting around i fear it may take a few years. i used to think tar would be nasty, but knowing its likely actual H, i'd try smoking it in a heartbeart if i came across it.
Join on in bruthuh. Haha, it is a tragedy, considering most people without a solid recovery foundation can and will take there risks with all this bunk crap -__- and hah the black in CA (the good stuff at least) had a subtle vinegar smell as well. Yeah tar has gotten a bad rap cuz it's hard to tell if it's cut, but now a days same with powder.. Canada knows what's up. They got a couple areas that are giving select patients government grade pure heroin.

Are ya talkin about some dark brown powder?
No and I'm not going to try to describe it. It's only really noticable when mixing it up for a shot. Everything around here is pretty much garbage I just see that quality every now and again.

Man, I feel bad for you guys. I guess I was just lucky finding good connections from delivery and street guys alike. Good shit is out there. Im clean now but still want it.

Pardon my lazy misinformation you are 100% correct. I must be thinkin of some other synthetic crap like bath salts.. bath salts, k2, spice.. an era I'm glad is dying/dead, cuz yes I remember when I tried spice, the packaging clearly said "not for human consumption "... ahaha aw man. Luckily I never liked it.... hey thanks for the sound info Hodor. Comin in hot with that knowledge ahahaha.
and hey, did you ever hear of that synthetic ecstasy like substance that was legal for a short time? In California they called it "Fly Like A G6" and I remember being 17 and buying a packet with a few friends at a head shop and it weirdly enough for an hour felt like a really smooth ecstasy trip.... haha that was banned very quick tho..

You're probably talking about cathinones (beta-keto-amphetamines, often referred to as "bath salts"). These are a fairly huge family of compounds that essentially came in two varieties: Some of them were more "rolly"-feeling (ex. Methylone aka bk-MDMA, Butylone aka bk-MBDB, Ethylone aka bk-MDEA), while others were just really potent stimulants (ex. MDPV, a-PVP, a-PHP, Pentedrone). The "rolly" cathinones" have basically disappeared from the market because there's a limit to how big the molecule can be before it can no longer induce a release of serotonin, so all the decently potent/cheaply synthable ones were banned years ago; the stimulating ones are less limited in terms of molecule size, although I think the market for those has largely moved away from headshops and onto the internet.

I've been doing NJ and NYC dope 20+ years and I've never dealt with anything like what is happening on the street nowadays. The synthetic fent bullshit is very prevalent which is making it tough for people without very good connects. Gone are the days where you could cold cop on the street and get solid to great shit.

You never know what you will get in NJ now. Unless I am familiar with a stamp I don't buy anything in Newark or Paterson without sampling first or hearing a review from a trusted friend.

Thankfully I have established people I know in NYC and Brooklyn because things are more consistent there. stamps stay the same for much longer periods and dealers don't come and go every few months so there is better customer service. There is still fent there if you are buying from random dudes but there is still rock solid, good old-fashioned South American H too from the right people.

If I was starting out now it would be very frustrating. I'm thankful I know enough quality people in the game. Shit is crazy now, people OD'ing left and right because of this bullshit created in some Chinese lab. The fent isn't even enjoyable if you ask me.

Keep ? for the real....it's out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.