• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos About to go through a severe klonopin wD and need your help in a big way friends!

Say you are afraid you might have seizures (WHICH IS A REAL POSSIBILITY: HR) and possibly have them watch over you to make sure you don't seize.

Say you are afraid you might have seizures (WHICH IS A REAL POSSIBILITY: HR) and possibly have them watch over you to make sure you don't seize.
I will say that, but they may say we don't treat such patients here and want to send me to another actual detoX where the average detoxes in 5-7 days, me it will be 2-3 weeks from benzos and those detox places are hell. If I tell them that my friend witnessed me having a seizure and I need help possibly they will give me some phenobarbital and treat me. Only way is to lie in these such circumstances afraid.

Of course I'll be honest but they'll tell me to go to a detox which my insurance won't cover that's what I'm afraid of. It's not borderline what I should tell docs, literally it's basically a plea for help that I will ask of them...

Libs -

When you say your insurance won’t cover detox, what do you mean? I’ve never heard of an insurance company not covering a medically necessary detox. Can I ask if you live in the US? If so, you might want to double check your coverage.

It sounds like you know how serious benzo wds are - there is no easy way out. That said, you mentioned that you will run out “within a week” - it would be wise to count what you currently have and work out a taper plan with what you have left. Best not to keep using them outside of a taper at this point.

With regard to going to the ER, I have no idea what they will do for benzo wds, other than stabilize you while you are there. I would assume they wouldn’t write a script of anything narcotic if you go in with benzo wds without a prescription for them - but you may get lucky? I just wouldn’t count on it.

Certainly go to the ER if you find yourself going cold turkey with nothing to taper with. For now, I would be checking my insurancand figuring out a taper plan with what I hae left. Even a short taper will be better than none at all.

- VE

One more thing - it’ll impact your family more if you end up dying from benzo wds. I don’t mean to be flippant at all by saying that - just wanted to point that out.

You need medicam attention. Go in, be honest. Maybe they'll prescribe you Gabapentin which helps prevent seizures. If you quit cold turkey, you could have several seizures. It's going to feel like hell, but you can get through it. Don't let the sickness you'll feel during the peak WD pull you back in to taking them.

I now have the supply to keep me from detoxing and able to start to a long wean but have to do it with pins only and not Valium, I can't find it. What would be the best Klonopin taperes?

Clonazepam is a good benzo to taper with. What is your daily dosage? With benzo tapers, the slower the better. You can make it really quite painless if you go slow enough, as long as you can keep going in the right direction and are determined enough!
It's impossible to say without knowing how much you take, but dropping 10% per week or 2 is sensible. Good luck

Alcohol. It activates the same parts or some of them as benzos, if nothing else is possible, id try booze, dont overdo it or that turns into a habit, but i can only assume that at a point in my life i was drinking 2-4 1L bottles of rum a day after the loss of my dog because it hit me very hard, i told my doc ge prescribed clonazepam but also told me to keep drinking but not nearly in such high amounts took about 2 months he slowly upped the benzo dose as i lowered booze intake, then lowered my benzo dose,was an overall 4 month thing to fix, and holy shit am i one of the lucky ones he made me go for tests for liver and heart, appearently im healthy as fuck which i guess i only have god to thank for as i could finish an entire bottle in an hour on some days and keep going god still wants me around be safe