• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos About to go through a severe klonopin wD and need your help in a big way friends!

Libscout

Bluelighter
I've been addicted to benzos since I was 25 and I'm now 31. I have been taking them on and off over these years, but no where near to the amounts I have taken over the past two years. I started taking them again (my drug addict ass) alittle over a month ago and in about to run out within a week and want to, but benzo wd is by far the worse and I’ve been in bed in literal hell for 2 -3 weeks detoxing. I’m afraid this will happen again and I’m scared it will put my day to day life on hold for a long time. Can I please have some advice, because these wds sometimes have brought me on the verge of suicide. Please help. Thanks friends,

James

I've been addicted to benzos since I was 25 and I'm now 31. I have been taking them on and off over these years, but no where near to the amounts I have taken over the past two years. I started taking them again (my drug addict ass) alittle over a month ago and in about to run out within a week and want to, but benzo wd is by far the worse and I’ve been in bed in literal hell for 2 -3 weeks detoxing. I’m afraid this will happen again and I’m scared it will put my day to day life on hold for a long time. Can I please have some advice, because these wds sometimes have brought me on the verge of suicide. Please help. Thanks friends,

James

You can't quit high-dose benzo's cold turkey; it can be fatal. You have to taper off slowly. If you start to feel very unwell, go to the emergency room and tell them how much you were taking, how long it's been since your last dose, and what your symptoms are. Don't wait too long though because it's happened to me where you feel relatively okay one minute and then out of nowhere BOOM grand mal seizure.

I don't know if i can manage to aquire more or I'd wean off for a year. Any thing else you can think of if I go to the er? They will ask if im prescribed them and I'll say no, and the least that they can do is give me some meds to help get through it and I would hope Valiums to help get through at tough times, but they prob won't! How would I get a er to write like a 10 pill wean script? Even ya know ?

They will tell me to go to detox, but this detox lasts MUCH longer than any other drugs. Which I can't do unfortunately and that's about it, my experience with er rooms

They may write you a small script of librium. They er def help you but the question is for how long.

They may write you a small script of librium. They er def help you but the question is for how long.
Librium is for people with bi polar. So youre telling me that it won't be a complete waste of my time going to the er?

Phenobarbital would be the one thing that would be a miracle if they wrote me a script for that....?

Librium is a benzodiazepine (Chlordiazapoxide) often used to detox people from alcohol. You're thinking of Lithium, the bipolar drug.
I think they'd keep you in the hospital and detox you or at least give you a low-dose diazepam taper script. They can't just give you nothing because the risk of seizures/death you're classed as a medical emergency

try getting low dose diazepam, to soften the landing. good luck.
From the emergency room if I go? Other than that I can't get those. I hope they would, I'm from NY and they have made laws much stronger. What would you think I would say to the attending doctor in the er about writing me a dose for a drug such as that?

Phenobarbital would be better because you only have to take it once a day, with the added benefit of not being a benzo.

Librium is a benzodiazepine (Chlordiazapoxide) often used to detox people from alcohol. You're thinking of Lithium, the bipolar drug.
I think they'd keep you in the hospital and detox you or at least give you a low-dose diazepam taper script. They can't just give you nothing because the risk of seizures/death you're classed as a medical emergency
You're right I mixed up the drugs, but let's hope so. My job and life will depend on it up LL just have to tell them that I am extremely seizure prone. Other tips?

Phenobarbital would be better because you only have to take it once a day, with the added benefit of not being a benzo.
Exactly, but hosptials are so hesitant to give that to me in an un monitored environment. I'll say they I feel like I have had a few times that resembled seizures and hope they will write me something and stay clean and sober for good , because friends: you think heroin wd is bad; this is horrendous and I'm scared shitless and getting very anxious. As many tips would be appreciated, thanks everyone!

You're right I mixed up the drugs, but let's hope so. My job and life will depend on it up LL just have to tell them that I am extremely seizure prone. Other tips?

If you don't mind that it's kind of morally dubious you could fake a seizure (ideally not in front of EMTs or doctors as they might be able to tell). I did that once (after watching video's of seizures online). In my defense I have had multiple seizures from alcohol or benzodiazepine withdrawal and wanted treatment BEFORE I had another actual seizure. You could even get a good friend to call 911 and say you're having a seizure and then pretend you've just come out of it when the paramedics arrive. Just remember you'd be pretty hazy and confused with no memory of the seizure.

this is borderline "what should I tell docs" advice. Be honest about being an alcohol/BZD/gaba user and needing assistance with withdrawal.

this is borderline "what should I tell docs" advice. Be honest about being an alcohol/BZD/gaba user and needing assistance with withdrawal.
Of course I'll be honest but they'll tell me to go to a detox which my insurance won't cover that's what I'm afraid of. It's not borderline what I should tell docs, literally it's basically a plea for help that I will ask of them...

If you don't mind that it's kind of morally dubious you could fake a seizure (ideally not in front of EMTs or doctors as they might be able to tell). I did that once (after watching video's of seizures online). In my defense I have had multiple seizures from alcohol or benzodiazepine withdrawal and wanted treatment BEFORE I had another actual seizure. You could even get a good friend to call 911 and say you're having a seizure and then pretend you've just come out of it when the paramedics arrive. Just remember you'd be pretty hazy and confused with no memory of the seizure.
I won't do that, nice idea, I'm trying to aquire funds to prevent this from happening and I can wean for months without the hell wd. Any other tips if I can't find it or don't have the funds ?

Of course I'll be honest but they'll tell me to go to a detox which my insurance won't cover that's what I'm afraid of. It's not borderline what I should tell docs, literally it's basically a plea for help that I will ask of them...
Tell them you are unwilling to do that and that they have to treat you.

Tell them you are unwilling to do that and that they have to treat you.
Easier said then done my friend. I will try my hardest, but again the impact it will have on my loved ones will be pretty harsh, I was doing so good just taking 2 mg a day with my life. And now I'm about to turn into a literal person who won't be able to function for weeks. That's how bad my benzo wds have been in the past ugu