• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Abdominal Pain After Oxycodone or Codeine

Michael_25

Bluelighter
So I always do a CWE on Percs and T3s, and I've noticed that I get pain around my abdomen (especially around the pancreas and liver) after consuming my CWE. I double filter so I know that most of the APAP is removed.

The pain is very much like I, and others, get after drinking heavily for a few days in a row. For instance, if I go on a five day bender on booze, the next booze-free day I feel pain around my liver and pancreas. This subsides after 2 days. My doctor says that when it comes to binge drinking, it causes acute alcoholic hepatitis. Basically, he said my liver is inflammed from the large amounts of alcohol and that is causing the pain. Is oxycodone and codeine hepatoxic in large amounts? Why am I feeling this pain? The pain is very mild but, nevertheless, it's still present.

Any ideas? Is my body finally telling me it's had enough of opioids in my body? I've been using for the last 12 years now, but it's been an on-and-off again relationship.

Probably spasms in the muscles of the intestines. Opioids increase the tone of these muscles and reduces their ability to conduct their normal business of moving your "business" along. Also there is a sphincter in the bile duct that can react unfavorably to opioids and cause a bloated, crampy pain in the area of the gallbladder/ biliary tree.

Could be acid reflux. I get that pain when i take my hydrocodone. I take 1-2 protonix and the feeling is gone.