• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

ABC Special: Ecstasy Rising (Download Link on Page 3 !)

Yea, this is a great show, i hope everyone gets a chance to see this.

Im at the first commercial, and its really holding my attention.

HOPEFULLY, this will bring to the general publics eyes a new light.

I don't have an antenna or cable, so if anyone finds a divx or vcd rip of this show, please let us know if there's a BitTorrent of it available. Thanks!

if someone gets this on BT, id be glad to seed it n post it to suprnova or some other sites

This has been a great show so far. I especially liked there earlier points, including the limited problems with MDMA use before it was made illegal. And a plausible reasoning behind making it illegal, the fact that the people using it were regular everyday folk, not your stereotypical druggies, and that scared the DEA because these people could question the entire idea of prohibition.

Well done Peter Jennings and ABC. Sanity from the States, a welcome surprise.

Yes.
This is exactly what we need more of, public education. If enough people know the truth, the government will realize that they have a huge problem on hand.

ABC's ecstasy special on Primetime

Pretty nice to see something new on mainstream media. The truth about a drug is finally being told by someone who conservatives trust-- Peter Jennings. Holes were poked thru the government funded studies. Experts contradicted what the government has been trying to say.

It was a good thing for a news agency to give the government a bit of its own medicine. Re: Was I the only one who noticed that the type of pill they showed the most frequently?-- all throughout the course of the show-- was a pill with "O.K." stamped on it? A little subliminal messaging for ya.

Another good thing I saw was.. directly after the show was over, the ten o'clock news came on and the first thing they discussed was new findings revealing MDMA "may have great benefits and the government's study which showed the drug was harmful may be incorrect".

I really do hope this begins to come around.

Wow. I almost didn't watch this after I noticed it in the program listings, since I figured it would only make me angry. I would never have dreamed that they would actually interview people like Shulgin or Stolaroff, or somebody from MAPS. Nice to hear a voice of reason from amidst the sea of media propaganda.

I also think it's important to send positive letters to ABC about the show (if you liked it, of course). Encouraging balanced reporting is just as important as discouraging propaganda, IMO.

EDIT: You can email them, positively or negatively, here.

Last edited:
That was by far the best "special" regarding exstacy I have ever seen.....for once the media tells the government it is full of shit when it comes to the so called negative effects of X:D

Anyone have the torrent up yet? I really wanna see it.........

LOL my dad(he was into psychoanalysis in the 80's) called me about the special......HE said it was really good.....and fair

RE-RUN!

Someone please tell me you guys taped it, I missed it and would love to see it, can you divx it ? I think someone already offered here to host it.

Please anyone ?

:)

The show was fair and truthfull. It even mentioned the most recent German study that showed no significant damage amoung heavy users. Just a 5% drop in serotonin levels amoung active users that can be replenished after 2 months of abstinece.

It also noted the invalid results or the American governments sponcered tests. And exposed the rediculious claim that 1 dose of X could cause Parkisons disease.

I like how they got into the history of it. They had people on the show that made millions of the drug in Dallas Tx before it was illegal.

It made good points about how people dont trust the goverment anymore because of all the misinformation it has put out on the drug. I personally dont trust governments anymore.... period. I believe we are coming to a point on this earth when governments are going to be obsolete. This is good.

My favorite line of the show was..

"This Generation is based on 2 things, 50% music, and 50% Ecstasy" =D

And an interesting stat.

They said in new york, out of an estimated 100 million pills taken, they could only attribute 2 deaths to X. Thats a 1 in 50 million chance of X being fatal based on those numbers.

You have more of a chance of winning the lottery... 3 times than of X being fatal.

And those pils with the "O.K" them them, that was funny! I dont know if they did that on purpose or not but you gotta wonder, lol.

Last edited:
This show was great.. I hope I can get a digital copy.. Since I don't have a capture card.. and my copy is probably going off to some people at MAPS :)

I am totally shocked at how good this report on ABC actually was. I presonally do not like ABC news but tonight they did a good job. Geez, its been so long since I have posted on here that I had to re-register..haha...but I knew I had to come back and read what everyone else thought about it. To everyone who missed it I hope you get a chance to view it in some way because it was the way journalism should be.

That report was the best ever! After all these years. All the lies. All the kids busted and in jail. At last, finally a main stream news organization has the balls to call the government on it's lies. Every person who has ever taken MDMA should see this as well as every parent and every police officer and every jury sitting in judgement of anyone ever busted for MDMA. ABC and Peter Jennings Rule!

It's about damn time the truth finally came out.

Brings new light to the black helicopter people.;)

Wow, I'm most of the way into it and quite impressed. I don't care if the people who have taken E see this, I just want everyone who HASN'T taken it to see it.

Can anyone tell me what happened right after that DEA agent compared taking ecstasy to russian roulette the second time? My ABC station cut out to some kidnapping story for a couple minutes.

Dude, that was FUCKING AWSOME, that's all there is to it. It was very informative and non-biased. I love how Peter Jenning basically said the govt run tests were pretty much bullshit. and how that lameass scientist the R guy- RETRACTED his findings saying they were faulty- the one about the Parkinsons from 1 dose.

Basically they said E isn't close to as bad for us that govt wants us to think- like someone said above- it only takes 5% of your seretonin level most of which is replenished after about 3 months- moderation is the keys folks- just like we have been saying for years. Yes, they do touch on depression and other thing that ARE true, which we also know DOES happen to some regualar users........

Just a great program altogther. I'm very impressed......:)

Funny too, too how NOONE had even heard of this progtam( i know i hadn't until it actuaaly came on)- unlike the stupid bullshit ones they would preview for weeks before it ran, w/false info..... when something/someone challenges those govt run studies.....woah, noone can know. heh, ironic really...

D'oh you know whats interesting is that i posted this info on another forum and i got irrational fear based replies implying that i was saying that ecstasy was good and that they should do it, lol.

And all i was doing was posting objective information. I guess its a result of all the over exaggerated dangers implanting fear in people. Then when they hear the truth they have trouble with it.

Last edited: