• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A Trip To The Dentist.

DarkFuel

Bluelighter
Not sure if this is where to post this but.....Would someone with a 3-4 30 oxy per day habit have any interactions to worry about while having several teeth extracted?

Not sure if this is where to post this but.....Would someone with a 3-4 30 oxy per day habit have any interactions to worry about while having several teeth extracted?
I would say no as far as im aware the only drug your likely to get is lidocaine injections (local anaesthetic), chlorhexidine mouthwash and maybe some NSAIDS afterwards. None of these interact with oxy and are sometimes used in combination. Word of advice if you ever have surgery or a GA then let your anaesthetist know re: your actual opiate intake. They wont judge and it could affect your anaesthetic/analgesic dose significantly.

^ Yeah just tell your dentist what you're taking, they aren't gonna ask for proof of a prescription or anything. Because of what you're talking I doubt they give you tramadol tho, which is what my dentist gives me

It depends. Are they going to numb you or are they going to use an anesthetic?

add analgesic assistance (IM ketamine, in toilet, just before dental treatment).
Crucial question: how much?
Up to 50mg, maybe you could pull it off, but more... if you did 150mg or more, the dentist was probably mad confused. They don't like to do root canals while you're in a K-hole or so I hear...

Crucial question: how much?
Up to 50mg, maybe you could pull it off, but more... if you did 150mg or more, the dentist was probably mad confused. They don't like to do root canals while you're in a K-hole or so I hear...
Depending on how I'm feeling usually 90-120 mg but I could cut back a few days before the appointment.

Depending on how I'm feeling usually 90-120 mg but I could cut back a few days before the appointment.

My post was talking about ketamine use there.

If your opioid use is stable it should have no effect on local anethesia (numbing). Dentists generally avoid knocking people out these days...

I was put out with propofal….I was originally scared and was thinking of telling the dentist I’m a heroin user, but just decided to Run with it, I do remember they put the needle in me and were like “ok your about to go to sleep” and I just say there looking at them, then the dr let out a sigh and told them to bump the dose then I was out, they will know if you have an opiate habit you don’t need to tell them