View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A quick question about SS

NotSoAnonymous

Greenlighter
Howdy. I have a pretty good history with DXM, and have had several successful trips on the first three plateaus with no negative effects. I am prescribed the SSRI Effexor at minimum dose, however I don't take it (for reasons i dont wish to discuss,) but yesterday morning I accidentally took it, not noticing that I had placed it in the same cup as my other medications. At such a low dose and since it's been about 20-some hours, I'm pretty sure the risk of Serotonin Syndrome is minimal if it's present at all. But tonight I plan on attempting to hit the Fourth Plateau, which for me due to my weight, is about 1,500mg. Is
the Effexor out of my system enough by now not to pose any threat? If it isn't out of my system, should I even worry about it? (I once did a low third plateau dose while taking Pristiq daily, before I knew about the risks, so I think I'm relatively safe.) But just to be surem should I hold off another day? Thanks guys!

Oh, and I forgot to add that I've been using search engines to try and answer this all damn day lol, so I apologize for having to start a whole thread just to clear it up. But better safe than sorry, I suppose.

Effexor comes in immediate-release form (tablets) and extended-release form in capsules (Effexor XR). The elimination half-life of Venlafaxine after administration of the extended-release capsule (15 ± 6 hours) is the absorption half-life instead of the true disposition half-life (5 ± 2) hours observed after administration of an immediate-release tablet.

http://survivingantidepressants.org...ering-off-effexor-and-effexor-xr-venlafaxine/

Hope that helps.

If you have the immediate release one you're at 3-4 half-lifes which means the drugs not completely out of your system but will be at 6-12% of the original dose. I'd say you're probably fine to take DXM although if you want to be sure I'd give it another day. Same in case your on the extend release capsules, maybe wait 2 days if you're on those (just to be on the safe side of things).