• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A question regarding DMT extraction

To lil_angel, just curious as to what you think the level of risk involved is in conducting an extraction of this sort? Obviously, if this comment is breaking any guidelines, then disregard or delete.
It's just I plan to take on the legality side as seriously as I take on the extraction itself, and what I mean by that is I will keep it to my absolute discretion.

I can't find the specific legal reference but I can assure you it's 'illegal to possess, sell, import or prepare any DMT or harmaline containing herbal materials'. In saying that, however, It's 'not illegal to grow DMT or harmaline containing plants for ornamental purposes'.

It could then be assumed, taking the above information into account, that you would be in a legally precarious position should you be caught with stripped or fallen bark from a DMT containing species. If you were caught with the plant material, as well as the substances required for an extraction, you could possibly be charged with intent to manufacture which would obviously have quite serious ramifications.

Basically, you're treading a very fine line when it comes to the extraction of DMT from plant material. You wont simply be charged for posses restricted substance, rather, the more serious charge of possessing thing intended for manufacture of controlled substance or manufacture controlled substance.

Thank you everyone for your help. Definitely shed some light for me.

I will take your advice and not go raping my local parks in search of bark. I will find (hopefully) an alternative.

Thanks lil angel for that. Still am pretty wary about the whole thing, and in two minds about doing it still. I appreciate your comment though. You can close this thread if you like, I have everything I need.

I find it weird how every extraction/batch is different.
When sampling 99.9% synthetic DMT Freebase, it still has the smell which I found odd. Its much cleaner than plant extracts, must be other tryptamines dhanging the effect or how well the process went.

How does everybody smoke it?

Glass pipes and light bulbs seem too hard to break through because of how m uch smoke you need to keep vaping it seems just putting the flame to it on top of tobacco or a bit of cannabis in a little weed pipe (no, not water bongs) is the best way. Yup, fire is gonna destroy some stuff but think of it like this. What hits you harder, injecting heroin or snorting it.

It could then be assumed, taking the above information into account, that you would be in a legally precarious position should you be caught with stripped or fallen bark from a DMT containing species. If you were caught with the plant material, as well as the substances required for an extraction, you could possibly be charged with intent to manufacture which would obviously have quite serious ramifications.

And you certainly don't want to get caught by rangers in certain national parks with a certain type of acacia leaf, they know full well what it is used for. People should know that it is illegal to remove any material from a national park, even if it already on the ground.

No DO NOT DO THIS.

The stripping of tree bark has already gone to far, they are being ruined everywhere, especially in NSW. Some of the acacias are rare species, damaging these trees will only bring more light to the issue.

Atleast find a active species that has it in the leaves, which is far more sustainable practice.

There are a few other species one could buy/grow for the active chemical, please research. Don't damage Acacias for profit or just to get high, GROW YOUR OWN.

The problem is this species grows in one particular national park and is much more endangered than the other species, it can be done sustainably but this species is much more vulnerable.

So, yeah, grow your own.

I find it weird how every extraction/batch is different.
When sampling 99.9% synthetic DMT Freebase, it still has the smell which I found odd. Its much cleaner than plant extracts, must be other tryptamines dhanging the effect or how well the process went.

How does everybody smoke it?

Glass pipes and light bulbs seem too hard to break through because of how m uch smoke you need to keep vaping it seems just putting the flame to it on top of tobacco or a bit of cannabis in a little weed pipe (no, not water bongs) is the best way. Yup, fire is gonna destroy some stuff but think of it like this. What hits you harder, injecting heroin or snorting it.

I definately prefer a Changa mix then smoking straight crystal. Like you said, its too much effort to break through. If you go to the last pages of Tek I posted above, it explains how to make a smoking blend. A cone of 30-40% DMT to plant material will easily get you where you want to go.

Acacia albida - DMT in leaf
Acacia alpina - active principles in the leaves
Acacia confusa - DMT & NMT in leaf, stem & bark
Acacia cultriformis - Tryptamine in leaf and stem
Acacia laeta - DMT in leaf
Acacia maidenii - DMT & NMT in bark and leaves
Acacia mellifera - DMT in leaf
Acacia nilotica - DMT in leaf
Acacia phlebophylla - DMT in leaf (this species is endangered and protected)
Acacia podalyriifolia - Tryptamine in leaf
Acacia polyacantha - DMT in leaf
Acacia senegal - DMT in leaf
Acacia seyal - DMT in leaf
Acacia sieberiana - DMT in leaf
Acacia simplicifolia (syn. A. simplex) - DMT & NMT in leaf, stem & trunk bark
Acacia vestita - Tryptamine in leaf and stem

Phalaris aquatica - DMT in leaves Easiest to grow + Best to use IMO Australian native grass

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this may sound like an incompetent question, but are you able to get any Acacia bark in the form of mulch you would buy at the nursery? If that makes sense..

Phalaris aquatica - DMT in leaves Easiest to grow + Best to use IMO Australian native grass

Though it's worth taking into consideration this little tidbit of wisdom from erowid:

"A raw, dried plant Phalaris aquatica contains approximately 0.1% DMT, 0.022% 5-MeO-DMT, and 0.005% bufotenin"

according to aussies on another site, aquatica has return zero active content in just about all cases. But there is another bush easily available that contains it. Use google.

according to aussies on another site, aquatica has return zero active content in just about all cases. But there is another bush easily available that contains it. Use google.

Why so cryptic? You could just tell us the name of the other bush..?

Discussing the alkaloid content of plants isn't a breach of the forum rules.

I recently performed a STB extraction with Acacia bark, (from the backyard not raped :p)
Followed the recipe properly, but was not left with dmt..left with a very thick yellow oil, which despite numerous attempts to clean still yielded nothing...possibly the wrong type of acacia..i used what i thought to be madenii perhaps it wasnt..but then saw some pictures of leaves that were a little different :'(

Overall pretty easy to do, i had no real chem knowledge, its fun and rewarding imo :D I would do an Acid -> Base extraction though with acacia because there are heaps of oils and such in it..STB is better for Mimosa Hostillis

acuminata

I am told that if you go to the tip pretty much anywhere around Perth, you will always find some prunings of Acacia Acuminata, which is a really very common tree in that part of the world. And has been reported to contain up to 3% DMT! Also, the phyllodes are good to use (up to 1.5%)

Although, it may not be as crazy and "kick ass" or visual as DMT from other sources, its still very nice, and many people's prefered species.

On the east coast, Acacia Obtusifolia is COMMON ENOUGH 900 kilometres above and below Sydney in coastal hinterland hilly regions and by creek beds (where the fires haven't got to it)

Also, I am told they are pretty common around Lithgow if you look around.

As stated, try to get the storm fallen trees or the one's that are about to fall down or die from old age. (its easy to see)

Its important to communicate with the trees and be respectful.

They are alive. They have a spirit and a consciousness which becomes quite evident after utilising their alkaloids within the human nervous system!

People get precious about this issue... but I feel the trees want us to evolve into a place where we can recognise them, and ourselves beyond gross materialism.

Really, what we don't want is people just going to obvious places in National Parks where everyone can see you've just hacked down a little tree! Time to do A LOT of walking in the real bush! (off the path)

ALSO, Acacia Floribunda has been getting some very good reports recently too... this is a quite common species everywhere on the east coast.

All these trees are not hard to grow... realistically, you probably wouldn't want to begin to harvest them until they are 5-8 years old. But to get them in the ground and growing is a very good idea!

(Maidenii is a red herring... everyone says, "maybe 0.1% and not even then")

Julian.

My pet monkeys uncle is thinking to pick up sum yellow crystalized dmt. Never really done it before. Just wondering what it would be like while peaking on acid? Has anyone combined the 2?