• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering a method to taper easier in multi dose daily usage with less possibility of withdrawals

bookshelf1

Bluelighter
summary:
First:take higher amount - middle dose:usual amount - lastly:less amount
repeat this till the last dose is gone.
then taper the only remaining 1 daily dose.
(tested on short acting oxycodone)

for example if you are using 3 times a day, take more amount in the first dose of daily usage(to make body sure of getting required drug) then take your normal second dose and then take less amount of your last daily dose.next day take exact doses of yesterday with no change but only less amount for last dose.continue this to reach no amount for last dose.
you can expand this method in longer schedules for example take higher amount for first 3 doses and take usual amount of middle doses then less amount for last doses.
this way you can remove your last doses after couple days and then focus on remaining doses.its easier to get rid of 1 daily dose than 5 daily doses.
if you still get withdrawals try to increase first doses of daily usage.(of course after you got rid of withdrawals by using more of the drug at that moment)
you may ask why not doing tapering in a normal way?because we may encounter withdrawals in every moment of tapering.we need to do this way to make our body less tendency for withdrawals.
i'm not sure if this method is said before in this forum or not but if it is said its probably somewhere in tapering support thread which is untidy,people can't find it easily at there.

Last edited:
thanks for posting this. I’m sure it will help someone. 😊

And welcome to Bluelight!

take more amount in the first dose of daily usage(to make body sure of getting required drug) then take your normal second dose and then take less amount of your last daily dose.next day take exact doses of yesterday with no change but only less amount for last dose
Before I get too deep into this... has this actually worked on your own tapering? Seems the last dose cut for the day would bring on some sleep issues which I find to be less that optimal for recovery. If one takes more in the AM, a reg dose in the afternoon and less than a reg dose in the eve there really dosent seem (to me) to be a tapering at all just a shell-game - if you will - of screwing around with doses.
If you have used this taper regimen what drug were you coming off of?
Not to be an ass just seems like there may be issues that can arise from this appraoch from my perspective.
Thanks and be well.

Before I get too deep into this... has this actually worked on your own tapering? Seems the last dose cut for the day would bring on some sleep issues which I find to be less that optimal for recovery. If one takes more in the AM, a reg dose in the afternoon and less than a reg dose in the eve there really dosent seem (to me) to be a tapering at all just a shell-game - if you will - of screwing around with doses.
If you have used this taper regimen what drug were you coming off of?
If you haven't used this at all and it is just an opinion without any experience I am afraid I will delete it or ask that you fine tune the post.
I do not mean to be an ass just seems like there may be issues that arise from this from my perspective.
Thanks and be well.
<3
yes i am using this method now and fortunately its working.i have used it before but i wasn't sure till this time that i was using a lot of doses(10 times a day-total 200mg oxycodone)

yes i am using this method now and fortunately its working.i have used it before but i wasn't sure till this time that i was using a lot of doses(10 times a day-total 200mg oxycodone)
Awesome that it’s working for you.
I’ve honestly rarely heard a success story with tapering…not from any strong substances anyway.
IMO people need a pretty bad experience with drugs to stick with not using them. Another reason I’m on the fence about long(er) detoxes.

I think the brain needs a bad feeling to relate to drug use. And even if you cold Turkey and have Horrible withdrawals, once you’ve been clean a while the bad memory fades and you reminisce about good experiences and (sometimes) relapse.

If it’s eezy peezee lemon squeezee to stop using, it’s easier to justify using again.

Good luck.

summary:
First:take higher amount - middle dose:usual amount - lastly:less amount
repeat this till the last dose is gone.
then taper the only remaining 1 daily dose.

for example if you are using 3 times a day, take more amount in the first dose of daily usage(to make body sure of getting required drug) then take your normal second dose and then take less amount of your last daily dose.next day take exact doses of yesterday with no change but only less amount for last dose.continue this to reach no amount for last dose.
you can expand this method in longer schedules for example take higher amount for first 3 doses and take usual amount of middle doses then less amount for last doses.
this way you can remove your last doses after couple days and then focus on remaining doses.its easier to get rid of 1 daily dose than 5 daily doses.
if you still get withdrawals try to increase first doses of daily usage.(of course after you got rid of withdrawals by using more of the drug at that moment)
you may ask why not doing tapering in a normal way?because we may encounter withdrawals in every moment of tapering.we need to do this way to make our body less tendency for withdrawals.
i'm not sure if this method is said before in this forum or not but if it is said its probably somewhere in tapering support thread which is untidy,people can't find it easily at there.
i think it kinda depends on what you are using -- for shorter acting opioids i always preferred : normal morning dose, small midday dose, larger evening dose to sustian plasma levels through sleep. Then i would drop the middle dose first and get to just morning/night dosing, then slowly drop the morning dose and get used to going all day without drugs, then drop the night dose to maintain sleep as long as possible. Just my method. Finally through. been off opioids over 9 days now, feeling great. Thanks ibogaine/careful tapering!!

i think it kinda depends on what you are using -- for shorter acting opioids i always preferred : normal morning dose, small midday dose, larger evening dose to sustain plasma levels through sleep. Then i would drop the middle dose first and get to just morning/night dosing, then slowly drop the morning dose and get used to going all day without drugs, then drop the night dose to maintain sleep as long as possible. Just my method. Finally through. been off opioids over 9 days now, feeling great. Thanks ibogaine/careful tapering!!
Congratulations! Enjoy the pink cloud.

normal morning dose, small midday dose, larger evening dose to sustian plasma levels through sleep. Then i would drop the middle dose first and get to just morning/night dosing, then slowly drop the morning dose and get used to going all day without drugs, then drop the night dose to maintain sleep as long as possible.
Yes I would much rather (and do) drop or all together skip the middle doses first as well when dropping a drug. At this time I am doing this with the bromazolam but dropped dosage about ~30% all around and yesterday skipped the middle dose. I will occasionally skip middle doses anyway just to flex at the benzo and declare that I am master.
Stabilizing it seems on the dosage drop after almost three weeks (took a week to feel mounting anxieties from the taper) and feeling fairly well about it today.
Maybe I will cut my tincture with more alcohol in a couple days to drop a little further.
This eve I took a bit more brmzlm just ffs and to rid my anxious ass self from the feelings of leaving my loved ones and being alone for a few days.
I also notice that my back and neck issues have started back up the last couple days since the drop in dosage. What a bitch. :unsure: