Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A matter of perspective

MazDan said:
l
Oh and Vanth.........happy to stand corrected as a technicality for where Central America is however I still stand by the concept that most Aussies consider the USA as Central America..........a quik pop quiz of my associates at work proved that althought 3 other peeps is hardly proof positive.........lol

I've never actually heard anyone else refer to USA as central america before now. I'd suggest your work mates might also want to check out the map of what's considered central america ;)

kyntism: not a chance. The majority of full time sports women would also have some other kind of employment. I'd say the top-level female swimmers would be among those most likely to be earning decent money, but this is still a very select few.

Hey what happenned to my post squashing eggs claims?

It wasnt naughty.....I dont think.

katmeow said:
The majority of full time sports women would also have some other kind of employment. I'd say the top-level female swimmers would be among those most likely to be earning decent money, but this is still a very select few.

My besties sister played proffessional football in England for many years.

MazDan said:
Hey what happenned to my post squashing eggs claims?

It wasnt naughty.....I dont think.

yeah, where is the post squashing my claims. I want to read these "facts" ;)

Maybe the post was deleted as it did not conform with the BL guides requirements for factual statements =D

Ok this is unrelated but what exactly is it with those American toilets?

Why are they so full of water that you have to be careful to keep your johnson out of it? Is it just to show off the fact that water swirls differently up there? Because that's the only thing I've been able to come up with.

^ yeah what is up with those toilets? it seems like such a waste of water man.

One thing though, I wish USA's drinking age was 18, that way i would have to deal with a bunch of fucks coming from the USA, never been to a pub in their life and treat it like their own private dumping ground, then act surprised and indignant when we're chucking them out.

EDIT: that came off as a bit racist, to be clear, I hate a fair few people who come to the pub, and it represents a pretty broad cross section of the community, however i can't help but think that if the drinking age was lowered, they wouldn't treat it like a novelty and get shit faced over here and lose all sense of responsibility, and therefore i'd hate less of them :D

I dunno dude, but check this out: http://design.hgtv.com/bath/Product_detail.aspx?id=298

298.jpg

"Flush with power, the Champion from American Standard can dispose of 23 golf balls in one flush."

Fuck yeah.

OK this is the shortenned version.

In regards to most participants, I notice your stats only consider ages 15 and up............Its the 15 and less where soccer has its largest numbers.

I never discussed spectators at games..........afl wins that easily.

But in terms of week to week people watching soccer on tele...........soccer does crunch all...........thats why there are so many hundreds of hours dedicated each week to soccer here in Australia and soccer is well known to be what props up Foxtel.

So yes overall week to week, soccer smashes all comers in terms of watching on the box.

Once again you were very selective only using grand finals........lol

ostrich said:
EDIT: that came off as a bit racist,

Although we are the greatest country on Earth, the United States is not actually a separate race. Just fyi.

Yes we are, with out six fingers and larger head size (to accomodate the ego and support the 10-gallon hats we all wear) ;)

I don't think it was taken as racist, but the clarification is appreciated.

Our toilets? Maybe because we're so full of shit and it takes that much water to flush it all down? I don't know, but we are largely viewed by the world as very wasteful overall (and we view ourselves that way to some degree, but not enough to change our habits). Some people put a large block in the tank to sake up space and save on the amount of water being used with each flush. I like the concept I recently heard of where the Japanese use over-toilet sinks, so the water you use in the sink then passes to be used in the toilet rather than a separate plumbing system to further waste water.

For Maz and egg, I understand derailment is not intended to offend, so I'll throw the American view on some of this. Netball? WTF IS NETBALL? ...so I'm off to wiki for a definition and I understand more clearly. Thanks for helping us learn something here. But regarding sports participation and viewing, I'm not at liberty to divulge the factual numbers - national security and all - but I would venture to say that participation (by both genders) is still most heavily done in soccer here in the states. Though efforts for professional play have failed repeatedly, and are struggling again (Women's league just folded and another is trying to start up). I would imagine our men and women playing basketball would come in a decent second, but the athletic activities you don't normally think of (running, swimming, etc) have a great number as well...you just don't hear about them that much, and a lot of the recreational time spent in such things would go largely undocumented.

For viewing, we had our big 4 of (American) Football, Basketball, Baseball, and Hockey. Well, Baseball fucked itself with poor fan relations when the players went on strike (no pun) years ago, but the sport has managed to hang on to some public following. Hockey learned from that example, fucked itself even harder, and I don't think it will ever get back to being a premier sport here. Basketball and Football dominate broadcasting and live attendance, especially if you combine the Pro, College, and High School teams (I realize you don't have the same support system or following for your non-pro teams). Throwing raw numbers wouldn't be useful, as our population is much larger than yours...and many other countries, but a comparison of percentages of the population would be more relevant and interesting. I'd like to know how many of our average Americans are 'couch potatoes' and don't do anything, how many don't even watch any sports, etc...but I'm too lazy to look it up. :)

LRRRRURLCLURLURRLURLRRRLect....

^
Boxing.
Boxing.
That's what you got left.
Right.

It's simple.

Best Sport On USA.
Earth, even.

No,
As Serious as a Cloud.

Benefit said:
Although we are the greatest country on Earth, the United States is not actually a separate race. Just fyi.

;-)

I know that, but whenever I'm talking / thinking about being discriminatory based on where someone's from, I automatically say / think racism, even if it's not based on race but whatever >_<

MazDan said:
OK this is the shortenned version.

In regards to most participants, I notice your stats only consider ages 15 and up............Its the 15 and less where soccer has its largest numbers.

I never discussed spectators at games..........afl wins that easily.

But in terms of week to week people watching soccer on tele...........soccer does crunch all...........thats why there are so many hundreds of hours dedicated each week to soccer here in Australia and soccer is well known to be what props up Foxtel.

So yes overall week to week, soccer smashes all comers in terms of watching on the box.

Once again you were very selective only using grand finals........lol

I call shenanigans!

I demand an indepth study about the soccer bunko!

hahaha, nah its true bro.........I spent 10 years or so as a sports journo........I used to have all the facts and figures...........there was no comparisons.