• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A friend takes two ~30mg of 2c-b pills and feels nothing.

Durzo1258

Bluelighter
Hi
Me and two friends did 2c-b during the weekend. Now I did it both on Friday and Saturday with obviously diminished results on the second day but still enjoyed it. We did it around 4 PM, me and one other guy are having a great time on it. But the third guy says he feels basically nothing while the two of us start to peak already. Just in case he naturally needs a higher dose or lands a dupe pill we feed him a second one. And again it does not work on him. No MDMA like euphoria, no head space, no visuals. Nothing.

He's not on any medication and he didn't do any LSD or MDMA in a while so there is no cross tolerance. The question is, barring the near impossible odds of two dupe pills. How can someone feel nothing on a a double of a dose that send two other people into a very pleasurable trip ?

That's pretty strange, just from the thread title I came in here all ready to ask if he was on any medication. But if not, then that is strange indeed. It does seem very unlikely there'd be 2 bunk pills given that you guys were taking the same pills. I knew a guy in college who never seemed to be able to trip, and also wasn't on any medication, but it was always the case for him, seemed like he just couldn't do it, and never did, but you seem to be saying that this guy has tripped successfully before, so... I don't know. Odd...

Back in college, I was the arbiter of psychedelics. I had these two friends who were always together, best buds forever. They wanted to do some 2C-E, but they were completely unskilled in any kind of quantitative measurement, dosage and general pharmacology. They have tripped before, many times on Mushrooms and LSD. I told them I was about to purchase some 2C-E and that if they wanted they could get some. However, I under no circumstances would give them the powder, rather, whenever they wanted it, 24hrs a day any day, they need only call me and tell me what they want.

Now, I enjoyed 12mg, and had gone as high as 16mg, which was a fairly long and intense experience. I recommended they start at 10mg. They did not feel it. I asked they wait a week between doses to make sure the tolerance was gone. Well, I got up to 22mg and they still claimed they felt zero. At that point, I told them I felt uncomfortable giving anymore, afraid that physical side effects may become prominent, to their chagrin.

I have given this 2C-E to another 8 years later to someone at 20 mg, and they had the most intense Psychedelic experience of their lives.... so maybe some people just cant do 2C-X drugs? Who knows!

He probably has an extremely high or low expression or mutated form of enzymes involved in the metabolism of 2C-B making it incredibly hard to reach proper blood levels. Would likely be a genetic predisposition and it begs the question whether he reacts rather strongly or weakly to any other drugs or medications.

It does seem terribly unllikely that he took two pills so weak. If that were the case, the pills should have a wild distribution with some of them really strong or at least a wide variance.

He probably should not assume that he also reacts weakly to LSD or other psychedelics and this is true the more different the psychedelic is chemically from 2C-B. As a rule you probably should never just assume that you are very tolerant to a drug. There are various possible reasons and you have no idea what is an exception.

Another possibility is that he has a very low expression or a mutated form of certain serotonergic receptors involved with the effects of 2C-B like primarily 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C. If it turns out to be 5-HT2A this may have consequences for the effects of most other psychedelics, possibly regardless of the class but it depends on whether he has a mutated form or low expression (low populations).
2C-B is a bit of a weird one in that it doesn't really seem to be a regular sort of agonist on 5-HT2A. As far as I know it is not yet elucidated what exactly goes on there. But it's not unthinkable that a particular mutation of 5-HT2A may make it impossible to undergo a conformational change needed for 2C-B's effects (meaning mechanisms involved with the drug binding to and especially activating the receptor by reshaping it).

Not sure how much of 2C-B's effects are dual effects and whether activity on 2A or 2C alone would still produce any intereresting albeit mild effects. If they should normally do at least something on their own, that would suggest that a metabolic enzyme explanation is more likely.

Last edited:
He responds to LSD, cocaine, mdma and cannabis as anyone. But he does have ridiculous natural benzo tolerance, he weights less than I do but the amount of either valium or xanax that will completely floor me barely affects him, he remembers getting to bed after 2 bars with very little tolerance, whereas I took a full bar once and it ended in 9 hours of autopilot. As for the receptors, he responded very adequately to LSD. We're thinking shrooms next to see if that works on him.

Last edited: