• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A Friend in Need is…a major fucking opsec risk!

Atomic_Decay

Bluelighter
A friend of mine with limited English asked me to give them a lift urgently today to a suburb across town. No problem as I wasn’t busy. So we drive 20 minutes out to the Western Suburbs where she lives with me assuming I’m taking her home. As I’ve never been to her home I’m just following her directions on the go. Anyway, all of a sudden she’s telling me to stop in a no-stopping zone in front of our destination - a very big police station…

I drive around the corner and park legally and ask what the fuck is going on. Turns out she’d been arrested on a drugs charge (meth) and had to report daily. So far not too big a problem as I misheard the size of what she’d been busted with. Because she refers to different standard sizes as different fruits - apparently an 8-ball is an apple - I thought she’d been charged with simple possession. But 2 oranges means 2 ounces and not 2 grams - and she’d been charged with supply of a commercial quantity - max penalty 10 years gall and for which even first offenders, as she was, get gaoled.

So, unknown to me I’m driving to a police station with a person targeted by the police as a serious supplier of meth (her house had been raided on intel - it wasn’t just bad luck) with an 8-ball of my own and 50 acid trips in my pocket. Not to mention still being likely to fail a roadside drug test from a session 24 hours previously.

Turns out her shitty lawyer has told her it’s a minor offence and as a first offender she’ll get a slap on the wrist with a suspended sentence and no criminal record after it expires. So she didn’t really think it a big enough deal to tell me about it.

She’s in for a big surprise when she gets her day in court since the lawyer is telling her to plead not guilty and fight the charge. Which means it will get elevated to the District Court and those fuckers don’t muck around when sentencing drug dealers.

I tried to explain this to her and offered to talk to lawyer colleagues of mine to get her a free second opinion but apparently her lawyer speaks her native language and is the go-to guy in her community and she trusts him absolutely. Given he’s quoted just $3,500 to defend a not guilty drug supply charge and advises no barrister alarm bells are ringing for me.

Oooh sounds sketchy AD....plead guilty in local court max sentence 2 yrs.It may still go to District Court ...judge may look at the amount and send it there anyways
Yeah. I wish I could get her to understand the difference between pleading guilty with mitigating circumstances and some good character references and ideally evidence of addiction and a commitment to treatment in a Local Court vs fighting the charge in the District Court.

Once you plead not guilty there all your character references and mitigating circumstances aren’t worth shit if you are convicted and there’s a better than 70 % chance you’ll serve time according to the last statistics I looked at.

Yah what you said is the best way to go try and keep it Local...rehab etc Im so sorry my addicition blah blah.District Court is a disaster waiting to happen .All they going to see is Oh possesion of 2 oz deemed supply...guilty convicted.Its cut and dry there ....and you would want barrister to limit sentence as well.