• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids A forming Kratom addiction? Overall thoughts on addiction

I'll order a couple kilos if I think it will become illegal and stock up enough to have some for at least a good long while and IF someone could patent the opioid component of Kratom I'd find a way to get my hands on that.

Also, even IF it becomes illegal in my state it will take a LONG time for it to become illegal in all states seeing as Kratom is only illegal in 6 states right now so I could probably find a friend outside of my state to drive to and pick some up.

But what does truly suck is that IF it ever becomes illegal in all 50 states there probably won't end up being an underground market for it, it would just dissapear, but like I said, I'd order some kilos if i TRULY think it will happen SOON but most users on reddit agree that even the attempt to make it illegal in NY will PROBABLY not work THIS YEAR at least.

See I haven't had most of those problems you talk about with Kratom.

The only ones I've had is that when I am in withdrawal I will get pretty depressed, fatigued and have a runny nose, but that's only if I'm in withdrawal which means I have to be doing it at least 2 days a week.

I was noticing lack of motivation to work out on my off days and that's what is making me take a long break from it now, but other than that I wasn't having many other problems other than it making it hard to sleep if I dosed too close to bed time.

I didn't get severe nausea and if I did I just took Pepto bismol, it didn't make my memory worse and didn't make me gag to smell it, nor did I get much diaharea.

I think a lot of those users are just rare people who couldn't tolerate it personally or somehow had some genetic predisposition to it or they just used WAAY too much.

That's my plan as well except I'll probably get 3 kilos...2 reds and 1 green. I will also have to change my usage and get off daily use and go back to just a couple times a week and TBH being unable to re-up will probably be the only way I'd have the discipline to keep my use in check. With my current habit of 200-250g a month it wouldn't take all that long to blow through it.

Kratom withdrawal is the easiest opioid withdrawal IMO. Pills dope subs and methadone are much harder, personally I can't quit those without detox.

I started Kratom to get of suboxone because I hate that shit. I then quit Kratom and was mildly sick for four days, no puking immodium for shits. Main symptom was cold sweats (which suck terribly but whatever.) No crushing mental withdrawals. Day 5 I was back at work.

PST tea is a bitch as well and even though I didn't have a long dependency on it it was being used on top of daily kratom.

How much suboxone were you taking and how much kratom were you using to get off? A guy at work knew that I take kratom and asked me about using it to get off suboxone. I don't know all that much about it but he said he usually took a 1/3 of a 8mg pill so my guess was maybe 12-14 grams spread out over the course of the day.

That's my plan as well except I'll probably get 3 kilos...2 reds and 1 green. I will also have to change my usage and get off daily use and go back to just a couple times a week and TBH being unable to re-up will probably be the only way I'd have the discipline to keep my use in check. With my current habit of 200-250g a month it wouldn't take all that long to blow through it.
Green Vein huh? I never tried that. How does it feel? I usually use red borneo and mango da. hehe stupid spell check.

I don't have much experience with greens and it's been a long time since I took a green vein by itself. The current kilo I'm using is half green Kalimantan and half red Kalimantan (my main strain) but I combined them before storing them. I don't know if it was the green vein or maybe just a stronger batch but the effects were stronger and caused significant itching which kratom hasn't done to me in quite a while.

I believe Mycophile uses green Malaysian so he should be able to give a good review on it.

The side effects like hair loss, mental issues are hormonal problems are the side effects I read on reddit.

Those Naseua, depression, stomach issue and memory problems is stuff I AM experiencing from Kratom

I don't have much experience with greens and it's been a long time since I took a green vein by itself. The current kilo I'm using is half green Kalimantan and half red Kalimantan (my main strain) but I combined them before storing them. I don't know if it was the green vein or maybe just a stronger batch but the effects were stronger and caused significant itching which kratom hasn't done to me in quite a while.

I believe Mycophile uses green Malaysian so he should be able to give a good review on it.
Thanks! I'm considering ordering a new type of K butI don't know how much better than mango da it can get ;)

I thoroughly enjoy almost any type of green vein kratom. I use it because its a good middle ground between red and white vein. Red is great, but i dont need the painkilling effects, and white is also nice but i dont like how stimulating it can be sometimes. a mix of green and red is usually my go-to, but even just green vein by itself is nice. In my case, i always get Malaysian green vein, but honestly, i dont think the names mean much for quality (except maybe maeng da) because i have tried at least 6 different red veins and green veins and they were all too similar to tell a difference (again, except maeng da)

My DOC is angel dust. I can't use it responsibly I keep going until I get arrested or committed.

OP you're already addicted. If you weren't you wouldn't be worrying about controlling your use etc you could just take it or leave it.

Shit man, I've never even SEEN ANYONE selling angel dust and have heard of very few people even doing it in person.

It's always been that one drug that sort of had a mythical status to me because I heard stories about it but never saw it.

Unfortunately since I'm on an SSRI even if I DID ever find it I think I probably shouldn't do it cause it might cause serotonin syndrome, but if it wouldn't or I wasn't on an SSRI I'd really like to try it.

It seems to be one of those drugs that mostly can be found in poor black urban neighboorhoods for some reason but can't be found elsewhere.

It also really annoys me that people think it's Formaldahyde.

It's NOT formaldahyde!!!

I'm pretty sure if you smoked Formaldahyde it wouldn't get you high and would kill you or make you VERY sick.

I remember reading something about why Formaldahyde became a slang term for PCP but forget why it was, and that then a lot of people started to think it wasn't just a slang term for it but that they were actually the same thing, but they are NOT at all the same thing.

Yeah, I don't want to do it now or unless I REALLY think it will become illegal SOON (which I don't think if it happens it will be that soon) because I need to moderate in my use as well and want to go several months without using but I don't know if I had a whole shit load of it if I could just resist taking it for as long as I want knowing I have it right there...ESPECIALLY knowing now that the WD is very easy for me to get through and that I could easily get away with using it here and there but eventually it creates a lot of a-motivation on my off days which interferes with me doing things I need to do.

Green Vein huh? I never tried that. How does it feel? I usually use red borneo and mango da. hehe stupid spell check.

I do really like Green Malaysian but to be honest I'm not even sure how much of my thinking theirs a real difference between all the strains might not just be placebo.

For the one vendor I use I've tried every single one of his plain leaf powders except one which is always sold out (I forget which, I think maybe Green Kapuas or something like that) and even a few of his extracts.

Overall in the end, the biggest difference I noticed was that a few of their white strains (not Maeng Da, I forget which ones they were) were very weak and required me to use more than other strains.

Other than that, I never noticed a big difference overall between strains and I think that probably a lot of my loving Green Malay is just sheer habit but honestly I can't be sure.

There's so much speculation regarding how much difference there even is between strains.

Some people think there's a lot, some think there's very little.

I remember about a year ago that Sekio the mod ran some chemical tests on some different strains of Kratom and found that the alkaloid compositions were nearly identical and I think he seemed to conclude that a lot of the differences people notice are mostly placebo...but I'm still not sure anyone can say that that's the case indefinitely.

I don't think anyone's going to be able to 100% PROVE that it is or isn't the case, so everyone will just have their own opinions.

However, IF I were to say I did notice a difference, I'd say I BELIEVE that Green Malay is a nice combo of stimulating and anxiolytic/relaxing, more stimulating than red veins and more relaxing than white.

However, i was told that was the case for ALL Green veins to begin with before I ever even tried Kratom so that idea was always in my head and I'm really not even sure it's the case.

My 2nd go to strain is Red Bali and I recently tried another vendors Red Indo, and honestly they don't feel THAT different (if different at all) from my vendor's green malay.

Many people say the main difference ISN'T strain but rather your vendor, which I DO believe makes a difference as many vendors have very weak or sub par Kratom as do most head shops.

Other people will say strain isn't as important as the region it comes from, usually either Thailand (Maeng Da), Malaysian (Green Malay) or Indonesian (Bali) as some examples (I'm not really aware of Kratom strains that come from anywhere other than those 3 countries, is anyone else????)

I could probably buy that region makes more of a difference than strain though.

I'd say the differences in Kratom go in this order in my opinion: 1) Vendor makes the biggest difference 2) region makes the 2nd biggest difference 3) actual strain makes the least difference.

That's just my opinion from my experience, and I haven't used many different vendors, just like 3 or 4, but I've used many strains and strains from all three aforementioned countries.

I've been studying and taking ethnobotanical sfor quite some time now. I was doing pretty well concerning Kratom; I am a recovering heroin addict, so it also pushes back any cravings), taking it once a day, usually at night. Then I lost my insurance and couldn't afford my medicine for a Pre-Parkinson's Neuropathic issue. This resulted in me taking Kratom every 4-6 hours, in relatively small doses for someone with a tolerance. When I got my insurance back, including my medication, going from every 4-6 hours to ~3 times a day wasn't hard at all.

I am also prescribed Adderall, and the influx of Dopamine helps my legs, and I can take Kratom only once at night.
Addiction, to me, seems to stem from many things. Yes, there is a section in our brain that is is different from others.

Emotional aspects stemming from your childhood (though mine was fine). Behavioral and Repetitive Compulsion. Medical, like me taking Kratom for my condition. Anything medicinal that you take, if it feels good, that can lead to dependency. I have found that any WDs concerning Kratom is bearable, but uncomfortable.

My addiction to Phenibut is another story. When I started taking it, I immediately stopped taking my Klonopin and stopped drinking completely. It made me social, which is something I've NEVER been. Four Months later, with 7-8 grams a day, taken in three doses, I've come to regret this more than almost anything I've done so far.

We tend not to research thoroughly, but it is always recommended.

I've been studying and taking ethnobotanical sfor quite some time now. I was doing pretty well concerning Kratom; I am a recovering heroin addict, so it also pushes back any cravings), taking it once a day, usually at night. Then I lost my insurance and couldn't afford my medicine for a Pre-Parkinson's Neuropathic issue. This resulted in me taking Kratom every 4-6 hours, in relatively small doses for someone with a tolerance. When I got my insurance back, including my medication, going from every 4-6 hours to ~3 times a day wasn't hard at all.

I am also prescribed Adderall, and the influx of Dopamine helps my legs, and I can take Kratom only once at night.
Addiction, to me, seems to stem from many things. Yes, there is a section in our brain that is is different from others.

Emotional aspects stemming from your childhood (though mine was fine). Behavioral and Repetitive Compulsion. Medical, like me taking Kratom for my condition. Anything medicinal that you take, if it feels good, that can lead to dependency. I have found that any WDs concerning Kratom is bearable, but uncomfortable.

My addiction to Phenibut is another story. When I started taking it, I immediately stopped taking my Klonopin and stopped drinking completely. It made me social, which is something I've NEVER been. Four Months later, with 7-8 grams a day, taken in three doses, I've come to regret this more than almost anything I've done so far.

We tend not to research thoroughly, but it is always recommended.

Yeah, Phenibut is a very unforgiving substance to be addicted to and most people here agree it's one of the worst substances to get addicted to.

I like it also and i'm on it right now and also was yesterday but i NEVER take it more than 2 days a week which seems to prevent addiction but I think more than that would be a problem.

It's not something you can take several days a week or you will get really bad WDs.

I found that out before I'd ever tried it by reading a thread about a guy who had a Phenibut addiction on this forum and that has continued to scare me away from using it more than twice a week which is a good thing.

The research is out there at least on forums like this one when it comes to Phenibut addiction, but perhaps you didn't read about it's addictive potential before you started abusing it??

I'd hope that hearing about those horrible WDs and how it can even make someone temporarily PSYCHOTIC and give people like 72 hour insomnia and auditory and visual hallucinations (NOT the fun kind) would scare anyone away from it but some people like drugs like that so much and have such an addictive personality as you mentioned that all the warnings in the world will not be enough to stop them from abusing a drug they like.

Just so its out their been doing codeine everyday for 5 yrs still not addicted in the way u get addicted if that makes sense

Arandomfella, could you please explain that a little further? (possibly in a different thread since this is a little off topic) But if you've been doing it everyday, you are most definitely dependent and physically addicted to it.

Arandomfella, could you please explain that a little further? (possibly in a different thread since this is a little off topic) But if you've been doing it everyday, you are most definitely dependent and physically addicted to it.
i do h crack and everything and not addicted plus never have an urge to for 37 yrs ive always put it down to superiour genes.

^ Do you do h everyday? The other stuff you can 'put down'.. Kratom can be put down easier than actual full agonist opioids. Kratom isn't an opioid perse, but it contains opioid alkaloids..

^ Do you do h everyday? The other stuff you can 'put down'.. Kratom can be put down easier than actual full agonist opioids. Kratom isn't an opioid perse, but it contains opioid alkaloids..
i do drugs when i want to not because i have to then again i dont really have to worry about running out

given reality of situation, I would say starting a krat addiction RIGHT NOW is a VERY bad idea ;)

Any updates on this ban? Does it seem likely to be illegal come Sep. 30th?