View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A few questions about DXM

thewayjoshis

Bluelighter
So I have a few questions about DXM that I'm kinda confused about. And YES, I have read the brilliant FAQ by William E White so please don't tell me to look there. So anyway, here are the questions:

NOTE: I weigh about 120 lbs.

1. Ok, so a couple nights ago, I took 510mg of DXM, which is the most I have ever taken, and I got the the third plateau for the first time... I think... The reason I'm partially in doubt is because I read everything about the third plateau on the FAQ and the experience I had didn't quite match up with what the FAQ described it as. It said that you are very disassociated and uncoordinated. It also said your vision gets so flagny (however you spell it) that your brain pretty much gives up on trying to process vision. It said simple images like a candle flame are recognizable but you really can't comprehend anything complex. My trip was definitely very intense, however, I really didn't feel disassociated and it pretty much just felt like the second plateau, but much more intense. And it said the higher plateaus are much different from the lower ones. I could still walk fine (although it felt like I was on wheels, and I was definitely robo-walking) and I could understand things I saw, like the face of my friend I was video chatting during the trip. My vision was definitely fucked, but not really much more than it was on my previous high second plateau experiences (280-360mg). So my question is: Is this really what the third plateau is like? Or did I somehow just barely miss it? (maybe I had a full stomach or they fucked up and didn't put enough DXM in the capsules or some shit (I took 34 15mg capsules)).
NOTE: A few weeks ago, I downed a bottle of DXM-only-containing Dayquil (355mg) and barely felt a buzz. Could this be some sort of evidence?

2. I'm 99% sure this is safe, but just for that extra 1%: Is it okay to take different sources of DXM at once? (E.g. Using syrup to wash down gel caps)

3. Is there any way that lamictal (lamotrigine) affects a DXM trip? I take 200mg nightly. (the night of my "third plateau" trip, I took the lamictal AFTER I felt myself coming down :/ )

4. What is the best way to trip on DXM? Like what are some fun things to do? What is a good environment? What time of day/time of the week (if that matters)? Is it better to do it with people or alone? Any other advice, etc...

Thank you so much for anyone answering my questions. If anyone has experienced the third plateau, tell me what it was like for you. Especially the way you perceived everything and the motor effects.

MY second plateau dosage is 400-650mg and with 750mg i hit a third plateau. Everyone's different, but in a third plateau you will not be walking or chatting. You'll be experiencing paranormal activity.

Not sure about Lamictal, but i usually only combine weed with DXM, if anything.