• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A few questions about coke

Redd_Hawk

Greenlighter
Hello! First time poster with a few questions that have accumulated from friends. I like being safe, and I like to keep my friends safe. For some reason, everyone comes to me with questions. Maybe they think I would know, but why on earth would they think I'm some expert? Haha. Anyway, here's a few questions I've been asked that I've been unable to answer (I have in fact done quite a bit of searching here for these answers -- at some point I had been asked many more questions, but figured most out from the archives.) For quick answers, I've numbered the questions. Just put "question (#)" with your advice to make it easier.

Anyway.

1) A friend has been doing quite a lot of reading on these forums, and they've found that drinking alcohol before (and sometimes after, but not usually) coke has a heightened effect, as well as drinking red bull/energy drinks with coke (although, unlike alcohol, this is usually done after from what I can tell). Since it is said that alcohol and red bull mixed is typically akin to coke, what would happen if you mixed all three in a glass? I have seen that people mix coke and water (although it appears that the high just isn't worth it), but there is little to no information about coke and any other drink

2) A friend has been doing a bit of coke 3-4 times a week (usually a few days in a row) at no more than ~1g-1.3g a night (assuming a 20 is about 1/3 of a g) However, the only time he gets the desired high is on the first hit. Sometimes the first of the night is only a bump, and sometimes it's a few lines -- but always, every use after the first time in one night is not even the same. He only gets a little hyper - He described it as a very short and light high that reminds him of adderall - and typically ends up at the end of the night getting more and being annoyed that is has little to no effect, or just being annoyed. Is there any way to fix this, or is his supply very low quality and just doesn't cut it for his tolerance / at all? He was one time given "very pure" coke and he says it was pretty much an entirely different high, although he did much more of that than he normally would with his usual supply. Was this because it was actually much more pure, or is it possible it was cut with a different substance? *note, he says it was definitely very shiny, which he has been told is an indication that it's more pure - his regular supply is not very shiny at all, just a few little flecks of shine in white powder.

3) I have seen quite a lot of content on this question, but I'm seeking validtion. I have read that Drips - as in the coke that 'drips' from your nasal cavity into your throat after doing coke, which you can't help but swallow - is typically not a very good thing. From what I can tell, coke doesn't get along with stomach acid - it usually is destroyed quite quickly and as a result, has little to no high. A friend once did about 1/3 of a g within 15 minutes, snorting all of it and running the left overs on his gums, swallowed what tasted like a lot of coke a few minutes later from drips, and did not get any result. Granted, he had done around 2/3 a g previously during the night. His question is, does snorting a line or bump of coke sort of softly at first, snorting a few drops of water on tissue in his nose (which is a tip he got from this site) immediately after, then snorting hard (to bring it further into his nose) adversly affect the high? He is quite concerned that he is wasting money.

4) I have read that if there is still powder in your nostril, that the powder left over is not coke due to the fact that it will almost instantaneously be absored. Is this true? A friend once did a large amount at once, and had quite a bit still visible inside his nostrils. Is this because it was close to the front, and couldn't be absorbed by mucus membranes, or is it because it was low quality? After he noticed, he started snorting quite hard and used a nasal spray to push it back - But, although it looked like about a third of the two lines he did was stuck up front, it only heightened his high a little (this was done probably about 10 minutes after he did the lines)

5) Is it better to do bumps, lines, or a combination of both? A friend of mine typically does not get as good a feeling as desired with a bump, and if she keeps doing just bumps she never reaches the point she wants unless she does about 3-4 large bumps. When she does lines, she gets there but can't quite reach the same result after that.

I think that's all of the questions. Your help is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Welcome to Bluelight, the use of 'SWIM' is prohibted on this site, please edit your post accordingly. Read and familarize yourself with the forum guidelines and the bluelight user agreement, before posting. Here's links to aforementioned.. http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/558663-Other-Drugs-Forum-Guidelines and http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA)

Also Basic drug questions belong in 'Basic Drug Discussion' forum, so I'm going to move your thread there.

Fixed! Sorry about that.

1. I wouldn't consume Caffeine with Cocaine. There will be no synergistic effect and it could be potentially dangerous as Cocaine already causes excessive stress on the Cardiovascular system. I really wouldn't do it. The synergistic effect between Cocaine and Alcohol has to do with the substance Coca-Ethylene being produced in vivo when both are being metabolized jointly. Cocaethylene is significantly more toxic than either of the parent compounds, so combine at your own risk. Both are very unhealthy substances in their own right.

2. This is how it goes with most drugs. The first hit is going to be the strongest and all successive hits will not be as subjectively powerful as the previous hits. Nothing strange about that at all.

3. Cocaine's oral bioavailability is generally considered to be lower than insufflation, but it is still a viable route of administration. Cocaine at one point was pretty commonly used orally. Mariani Wine was a pretty popular product containing a solution of Wine and Cocaine. Some resources actually state that the oral bioavailability is essentially the same as insufflation, so there is some conjecture. The effects of oral consumption will also come on more slowly and will be less intense, leading it to feel like a less potent dose.

4. This isn't really true and if you think about it, it doesn't make sense. When people cut drugs, the goal is to make an essentially uniform end product. They can't sell one person a gram of cut and another a gram of pure Cocaine. So, if there's still powder in one's nose, the powder is most likely a uniform mixture of Cocaine and cut, with neither having been absorbed by the mucous membranes yet.

5. This is simple. Lines are going to be stronger and make you feel a more powerful effect because of it and bumps are going to produce a less powerful effect as the dose is smaller.