• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc A drug which can be taken PRN for sleep and kicks in as fast as alcohol?

glab

Bluelighter
Is there a drug which doesn't cause addiction and which can be taken whenever needed
for sleep and which kicks in really fast and basically feels like alcohol?

I tried mirtazapine in small doses but first of all it doesn't kick in like alcohol within a few seconds and it doesn't feel like
alcohol and it also doesn't always work and causes hangovers and munchies which is all bad.

Is there anything else which you can just pop whenever you want to sleep and it kicks in really fast but does not cause addiction? :(

I usually drink alcohol when I want to become tired but I am becoming tolerant to it and I can drink alc now and don't even become tired.

No free lunches sorry. Anything that does what you are asking about is addictive. But there are things that are far better to use than alcohol, I would say even using benzos would be better than using alcohol.

But I cannot use benzos daily. Then I'd also become addicted and benzos are linked to dementia which is why I hardly ever take them.

I just love the feeling which I get when I drink a beer or two. It feels so relaxing and for a short time life seems less frightening and serious. :(

Why can't there be anything which does the same?

Because welcome to life sucks, grab a chair and join the rest of us.

The only OTC sleep aid that *almost* qualifies in your list is doxylamine however, it does not produce a high or anything it will just kick in fast and put you to sleep. You are not going to find anything that matches what you want unfortunately.

Unfortunately if you want something that will make you feel good for a period of time with no ill effects its called sobriety and it comes with good highs and bad highs as well ;) drugs are just a crutch and if you use a crutch for too long you loose the ability to walk without one. It applies to everything in life in a sense and drugs you pay with your mind instead of something else a lot of the time. But there are no free rides.

If you want to stay away from addictive substances you could try something like valerian root or kava to help you relax. I don't think it kicks in as quickly as alcohol but its worth a shot.

Ever tried Seroquel mate? It doesnt necessarily feel like booze, but, you wont be awake long enough to know the difference.

I wish there was an injectable drug that had all the euphoric affects of heroin but didn't have any of the addictive properties and didn't turn my life upside down and put me in prison . Oh ,and not costing anything!Anyone?

^^try cocaine.

op, try exercise or sex. there is no drug that exists thats anything like you speak of.

Fuck all these pills. They will undoubtedly cause you a bunch of horrible problems since you will be taking them basically daily.

Why not just drink a few beers before bed? It's legal and a LOT safer than any medication.

No I haven't tried seroquel yet. I'm a bit scared of antipsychotics cause of their side effects. I dont know if taking an antipsychotic only for sleep would be responsible
or if alcohol would still be a better choice.

I have doxylamine at home but never tried it. the problem is that in the leaflet it says it cannot be mixed with antidepressants. i need something which can safely be mixed
with antidepressants.

i usually have a fap fest until i pass out haha beats taking pills or calling my ex

I take a combo of melatonin and bennadryl before I go to bed. Works like a charm

i agree. seroquel with mirtazipine is a great combo. i am prescribed both, 50 seroquel and 15 mirtazipine is awesome. if i take both on an empty stomach with a couple beers i am stumbling around.

Zopiclone works really good for me. There is some tolerance and bounce back effect but it is light and even tho some people abuse it and mix it with alchool it is less at risk of being abused than Bezos.

The best thing you can do to avoid addiction problem is to find different pills that works for you and cycle them (one night X pills, next night Y, the day after Z and so on untill you are back at X). Seroquel works. Clonidine knocks me and the 3 of them are easily prescribed.

I am surprised alcohol works for you, I've always found it was a stimulant to me and only when I would be crashing from it would it helps sleeps but that would be like taking coke or meth to helps with sleep when you are burned out.

Anyway, even if you find what you are looking for and cycle them correctly, you will only really put a bandaid on the problem and even without physical dependance, you will grow accustom to sleepaid and be less and less likely as time pass to be able to sleep without pharmaceutical help.