• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

a day in the life of a junkie

@@priest just be careful

from experience I can say a few things (may or may not pertain to you).

a. setting a future date to quit, go on a diet, etc.. is setting yourself up for failure. if you want to do something, you have to take action immediately.

b. distancing yourself from drugs or relocating may provide temporary relief from your addiction but you will soon find your self driving longer distances, with new connects, receiving drugs in the mail, etc..

c. setting goals like using once a week, after having been in the grips of heavy addiction, will almost always lead you back down that path

d. it's harder to quit every time...don't take that year you had for granted.

I would recommend that you put your time, money, and effort into your recovery rather then a move across the country. What makes you think you wouldn't have a bag of tar in your hands and a phone full of new numbers?

One of my favorite threads.. all time favorrite title.. I don't remember the last time where I wasn't using something, waiting to pick up , or I was jonesing for soomething.. I've accepted that ill love anything that is synthetically created from its plant counterpart. I just need to take almost a decade off of drugs.

One of my favorite threads.. all time favorrite title.. I don't remember the last time where I wasn't using something, waiting to pick up , or I was jonesing for soomething.. I've accepted that ill love anything that is synthetically created from its plant counterpart. I just need to take almost a decade off of drugs.

i did that and it was great. when i was 23 i overdosed hard after using heroin for about the 5th time. i was on life-support for 3 days and intensive care. i fully recovered but when i got out i quit using everything for nearly 6 years. i didn't drink, smoke, snort drop or anything. i got into the best shape of my life. met who would become my wife, finished school and started a career. but, with one night, new years eve 1999 i got drunk and, well i don't have to finish the story, it goes the same.

i think if i hadn't stopped using for that time i would have never been able to finish school, get married, get a professional job and start a real life. i'm thankful for those times but just like a million addicts before me, i slipped, tripped and fell back into it hard.

good thread tho, still applies today...who knows what it takes to stay clean, i met a guy in rehab who was 25 and had od'd like 12 times plus had a heart attack, and he was still using. watched my ex od on fentanyl, thought i was watching her die. multiple rehabs, sober livings, outpatient/therapy/sponsors later, i still dont know how to stay clean. cant even piece together 2 weeks off dope and thats with suboxone, plus after switching back and forth for so long now the transition from heroin to subs is brutal, no matter how long i wait. it sucks wanting something so bad and not knowing how to get it, and i dont mean wanting dope while dopesick. i mean wanting freedom from addiction but making no progress

Hey guys, with respect, there really wasn't any reason to resurrect such an old thread. I'm sorry that OP is/was having a hard time with Heroin addiction and that I have to be the soul-lacking individual to have to tell him that his decision to bear his inner-most feelings to the forums was made in haste, as Basic Drug Discussion is not even the correct place to do such a thing. This is the equivalent of coming out of the closet to your Saturday mail-carrier. He's not even around the other 6/7ths of the week to enjoy it?

Anyway, it's not my policy to close threads that were active prior to my knighthood. Please read the forum guidelines and become familiar with some of what we look for in an appropriate thread in BDD if you are wondering where exactly I am coming from.