• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants A crazy way to clean carbon from inside of meth pipe - potassium chlorate.

TheAzo

Bluelighter
On one occasion, while acting irrationally (it's like I was on drugs or something) I decided to try vaping some other chemicals in my methpipe. Some of these chemicals didn't vape well. Then I threw a bit of kratom extract in there. That really filthed it up. While I'd been able to scrape all the pieces of char out, and heat the rest until it was all carbon, I couldn't get that off. So I was thinking, there has to be some way to get that stuff off... man... Tried soaking in solvents, boiling water in it, couldn't get anything in to scrape... and these are a particularly nice style of meth pipe that I don't see around much.

So, I had an idea - what if there were a way to literally burn it out - oxidize it to CO2 and then it would be gone.... but atmospheric oxygen won't do the trick. So I tossed in a bit of potassium chlorate (which I had around for the chlorate/sugar demo - mix 60::40 chlorate to sugar, and it will burn like a flare with a bright purple flame) - a strong oxidizer - and then I heated it with a torch (need higher temps than for vaping) and rolled the puddle around (no, definitely do not inhale the smoke), and you can see little flashes of orange as it burns away the carbon. Then let it cool fully, and rinse in water - the residual potasium chlorate, and potassium chloride formed when it loses those oxygens, are both water soluble.

I'm not sure it was worth the time, but, I was bored and high and wondered if it would work... the pipe which was almost totally coated with carbon inside is now nearly pristine and again suited for use vaping the right chemicals - ones that don't leave char behind.

Hahaha this made me crack up.

I usually use thermite to clean the meth pipes ive smoked kratom out of 🤣

Thats one of the advantages of smoking brown-brown (the african concoction of cocaine and smokeless gunpower) -- the pipe never fouls given the 1100° heat produced by the gunpowder 🤣

Again im just kidding.

My real question is: what, aside from kratom, did you attempt to smoke out of the meth pipe 😭?

Also, why do you have potassium chlorate lying around and can you spare any? I used to use it to make flash powder though potassium perchlorate was my preferred oxidizer.

I also have to ask, though i know the answer: did you feel the kratom smoked? It would frankly be nearly impossible given the tiny amounts of active alkaloids but could be possible with a highly refined extract i suppose.

I would rather soak in pirahna solution than heat an oxidiser in a glass pipe without a welder's face shield.

Speaking of pirahna, that cleans carbon deposits nicely.

Potasium chlorate and potassium perchnlorate aren't restricted or anything -, you can just buy them... *shrug* - though if they think you;re going to make flash powder for cherry bombs or crater makers, they'll refuse to sell to you (though they normally watch the fuel, not the oxidizer.

As long as you've scraped out the pieces of crud, leaving just the lthin layer thatt's hard to remove, there;s not enough fuel for it to explode...

I was sufficiently intoxicated at the time that I'm not sure if Ifelt the kratom, or don;t rememeber

Saw this open from last night - I am far more comfortable with this stuff than I would be with piranha - heating chlorate in a test tube is a common lab demonstration (as a way of generating a small amount of oxygen - adding some MnO2 makes it release the oxygen more readily), and the amount of fuel present in the carbon deposits is tiny (assuming, again, that anything that can be removed through less aggressive methods has been). Even just plain H2O2 will give a nasty burn at 30% - that stuff has gotta be horrifying. heating chlorate in what amounts to an oddly shaped test tube to remove a bit of carbon on the inside walls doesn't seem nearly as scary! It'd certainly be very dangerous if there was a lot of carbon inside, yeah - but you can get that out with physical means....

Last edited: