• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

a bluelight decade: global meetup, june 2009 (We're SERIOUS!.. but how about a date?)

Where should the Bluelight 10-Year Meetup be held?

• Hamsterdamnation

Votes: 208 52.1%
  • London

Votes: 55 13.8%
  • Ibiza

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Prague

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Budapest

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • India

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Thailand

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • Mexico

Votes: 38 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MzFluffy said:
This is so public.. It's almost like it would turn into another brown rave LOL.

I hope you guys are smart enough to atleast keep the details (once you figure them out) out of the public.
Yes they will be, just making a final decision about the city first of all.

Amsterdam in winter does not sound like a pleasant time.

I think it's cheaper to fly into London then take Easy Jet over to Amsterdam. I took a quick peek at flights and it's around 1000 round trip to Amsterdam in July but 600 round trip to London and something like 50 to Amsterdam.

Which can be better in the long run because then you get to poke around London and then ship off the the dam :)

THE WOOD said:
natl lampoons bluelight vacation

damn you. i was totally trying to ignore that metaphor.

but i would lie if said i didn't get excited over every roundabout, so it's on

80491z.jpg

Mr. High and Meanie wanted to blow up the tower as Germany's forces pulled out of Paris.

Fortunately, some in his ranks felt differently.

If you want people to actually be able to afford this then i reckon Ibiza is a shit idea. It's not the flights and accommodation that's expensive there, it's the alcohol, clubs and everything else. Good god I'm not that keen on paying 60 euros to get into a nightclub there!!

EDIT: Some goon is going to take what i said the wrong way.

chrissie said:
I think it's cheaper to fly into London then take Easy Jet over to Amsterdam. I took a quick peek at flights and it's around 1000 round trip to Amsterdam in July but 600 round trip to London and something like 50 to Amsterdam.

Which can be better in the long run because then you get to poke around London and then ship off the the dam :)

wow, that would definitely be the way to go :)

so chrissie, let me get this straight your saying we save almost 400 bucks if we just stop over in london? that sounds pretty sweet. and that way some of the other folks who cant come to amsterdam that live in the uk could show us a good pub and have a apint.

are there libraries near the airport? i hear the queens librararys are spectacular.

^
That could be pretty fun.

If you booked your flight to London for a day or two before the Dam, you could get nice and drunk w/ some of the UKlighters.

I'd be down for something like that.

maybe the off season would be better. i know it would be colder, but flights are way cheaper.

for example, this winter/spring british airways has fares for $159 from NYC to london eachway. travelzoo makes me happy

are there libraries near the airport? i hear the queens librararys are spectacular.
None that are particarly worth seeing if there are any. You'd be better off stopping off in London town for a few days. It's pretty nice there during the summer! :)

We have over 2 years to save for this, and most people have time off during the northern hemisphere Summer. I'd prefer to travel off season too, but if we want numbers to come then Summer will be much better. 2+ years is plenty of notice.

liquidphil1 said:
that way some of the other folks who cant come to amsterdam that live in the uk could show us a good pub and have a apint.

1. When it comes to a pint, there is no such thing as a bad pub
2. You're travelling thousands of miles to read? 8o

The only issue is that EasyJet does not seem to fly out of Heathrow. You would either need to fly into Heathrow and get to one of the Easy Jet airports or fly into one of those airports (Gatwick, Luton, Stansted). I'm not sure how the latter would affect the price.

You could possibly save a few hundred and use that to dick around London for a day. Warning, London is twice as expensive as the states!

"Hey look kids, there's Big Ben, and there's Parliament..."

You can get flights that go to Gatwick from the States and maybe even Stansted if you're lucky. Also it's worth checking out British Airways. Sometimes flights with them are cheaper than Easyjet, and they're a lot better too. Even if they cost more it's usually only £5 or £10 more. You'll be more relaxed anyway, than racing on the plane to make sure you all get seats with each other...

liquidphil1 said:
so chrissie, let me get this straight your saying we save almost 400 bucks if we just stop over in london? that sounds pretty sweet. and that way some of the other folks who cant come to amsterdam that live in the uk could show us a good pub and have a apint.

Phil, I'll be in London in 2009. We'll go find some libraries together :) And I'll take you to the Ship in Wardour Street (where Underworld wrote Born Slippy).

No disrespect to people voting India, but have you ever been there? Drug laws are draconian, cops are corrupt, we would be incredibly visable. Busts are almost guaranteed, and we'd then be paying off the cops, or doing 10 years in Goa prison (that's for possession of weed, btw). Lovely place, lovely people, worth visiting, but not appropriate for this sort of event IMHO.

MzFluffy said:
This is so public.. It's almost like it would turn into another brown rave LOL.

I hope you guys are smart enough to atleast keep the details (once you figure them out) out of the public.

The details (other than the city/country the in which the meetup will be held) will certainly not be public information. There will definitely be another board specifically for the event.

^
Suess?

I'd suggest only well-known BLers who have met multiple other BLers and are known to be trustworthy get access. Final specific details can be kept from most of us until the last minute - e.g. arrive in the city and then get information about where to go.

[Heh, just like one of the old M25 Orbital raves ;)].

This information should be strictly on a need-to-know basis: only those people who really need to know where the venue is should know. Anyone else, even if you're trustworthy, even if you're an admin, even if you are involved in planning other details of this event - if you don't need to know, you don't.

That might mean that only 5-6 people know where the venue is. But it's a basic principle of dealing with confidential information.

Just my $.02 of course :)