• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

a bluelight decade: global meetup, june 2009 (We're SERIOUS!.. but how about a date?)

Where should the Bluelight 10-Year Meetup be held?

• Hamsterdamnation

Votes: 208 52.1%
  • London

Votes: 55 13.8%
  • Ibiza

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Prague

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Budapest

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • India

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Thailand

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • Mexico

Votes: 38 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with pretty much everything Sim0n said.

chrissie - I guess we'd have to figure out who's going to be the person or persons in charge of spearheading this little operation. Then it would be up to that person, or those persons, to decide who gets access to that info in the early planning stages.

I dunno. I don't know nothin'. I just know I like it here, and I'm sure I'll like it in Amsterdam (which is where everyone knows the meetup will end up anyway =D).

Vote the Dam!

Johny Boy said:
Because Australia is in the middle of no where.

London is less the two hours from continetal europe even by train.

Middle east, yeah fucking nice one. Lets all get strung up by our knecks.

Africa again if you can sugest a "safe" happening part of africa which is accesible easy to get to then name it.

North america is too fucked up to hold a deccent bl meetup.

Only real choice is a'dam.
you'll have your chance to convince me next month, but london is 20+ hours away from where about 20% of BL'ers live, so lets not get carried away pretending it is the centre of the earth. =D

i think the US and Australia are the worst options available (other than Asia), and i wasn't seriously suggesting the other places ... (other than maybe south america) ... but my point was that the poll should have included such options just in case they were popular ... or at least an 'other' catch-all category ... now people might vote for something, just because they think the other options suck, rather than because they actually intend to travel to that place ...

but yeah, i made my feelings for amsterdam clear about 15 pages ago ... it is definately the best option, considering it will entice the most people to go, will be the most fun and most drugs will be easier to locate :)

really though, the majority has spoken, i say we close the poll now and vote on the dates ...

In reply to Sim0n sentiments:
Which specific event are you referring to? The Party? The introductory get together? The decided dates? The accomodation choices?
Of these, the dates and accomodation choices need to be known by everyone, simply so that they can book their shit.

Also, is someone working on the dedicated website? I don't need to know who, just that it's being done.

Laura said:
why isn't Florida one of the options on the poll? ;)

why isn't stfu one of the options on the poll? :p

L2R said:
In reply to Sim0n sentiments:
Which specific event are you referring to? The Party? The introductory get together? The decided dates? The accomodation choices?
Of these, the dates and accomodation choices need to be known by everyone, simply so that they can book their shit.

I guess the first two. Of course, we all need to know which city, and what dates :). Accomodation I hadn't thought about - was sort of assuming everyone would arrange their own in whatever city we went to.....

I dunno how big the city is, so for those that have been, is the city big enough to have a problem with people being too far apart? Should we co-ordinate in one specfic area? Could we all save some moneys by bulk booking one hotel?

That seems like trouble if you ask me..that many people going and all.

fair enough. How about we confine it to one district? Book your own within a select group of hotels.

No rush, this poll closes in a year's time, so who knows, we might get an influx of Indians on the board.

L2R said:
I dunno how big the city is, so for those that have been, is the city big enough to have a problem with people being too far apart? Should we co-ordinate in one specfic area? Could we all save some moneys by bulk booking one hotel?

Amsterdam really isn't *that* big. The only problem I could see from people being too far apart is the fact that the buses and such stop running at a certain hour.... so, unless we create a "bedtime" ;) people are going to have to pay for cabs, ride bikes or commit to very long walks.

L2R said:
fair enough. How about we confine it to one district? Book your own within a select group of hotels.

That seems sensible. Echoing dreamgirlie19, I'm a bit concerned about the idea of us all being together, obviously, in one place. Though it may work out, and obviously my voice is not the deciding one here.

Hearmenow!

How about we all just agree that getting one entire hotel or rowhouse, uh... row, is the best way to do this?

It's Amsterdam...nobody cares what we do as long as we're nice and we aren't causing too much trouble. And as long as we're spending money, which we will be.

heyyouknow. Organising money from and booking for everyone at once is far too difficult.
To each, their own, i reckon.

Amsterdam or not, huge beehive mobs are not a good thing. The Olympic camps idea was the best yet.

randycaver said:
People manage fine at Starscape

Quite a LOT of people keep their hotel information private..sharing it with those they trust. Im just saying for such a grand meetup not everyone will know/trust each other and should be careful.

SS is a totally different situation and the amount of people is way less!

It's far out in the future.. if people were really intent on going im sure something could form and trust could be earned..it's not like everyone who says they'd go will even show. that happens all the time.

but it doesn't even matter. info about where some of us stayed got out last year even though trust was involved.

cant 100% trust anybody, especially from teh internetz.

^^At the last SS, there were a TON of BLers all in one room while there were police in the building, and nothing happened. Most of us know how to shut up and tone it down when necessary. :)

I'd be happier seeing people as close together as possible, if for any reason safety. It's a foreign country, we'll likely be quite fucked up, and I don't want anyone getting lost or hurt. If it were easy to find someone to crash with if necessary, I'd feel better about the whole thing.

I guess I'm just not quite so worried about it all because I'm not planning on doing anything considered highly illegal if I go...

yeah exactly.. the moment someone mentioned cops everyone just got really super silent.

we're all pretty motivated to not get arrested. at least, i'd hope so ;)