• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

A bit of tarnish on marijuana's benign reputation

What a repulsive joke of an article.

lol seriously

So lets stop for a moment and think here. They are bitching about an ounce a month habit costing her 5,000 dollars a year, and THAT is why they should not legalize in cali? Well who here recalls the articles estimating that cali legalization would drop the price of an ounce down to $38? By that estimate, this poor enslaved dope fiend would have to spend under $500 a year to fuel her evil habit.

A gram a day isn't that much by any means. I (and many, many people I know) smoke a lot more than that actually, but I'm not trying to dicksize. I just think that smoking everyday is what distinguishes a "smoker" (or pothead/stoner, whatever you want to call it) from someone who just smokes for recreation. That being said, some people just smoke a lot more because they have more money or greater access to it. In a perfect world everyone would smoke (or not smoke) as much as they wanted each day.

McDonald, who lives in Baldwin Hills, certainly didn't think marijuana was addictive. It had seemed so harmless. Inhaling from bamboo bongs made popular by returning Vietnam War vets, she began to feel some relief from the depression that had plagued her since youth.
okay...

she had depression. she found an antidepressant that worked. due to social pressures, she tried to discontinue that antidepressant abruptly. it didn't work out

pot can be as addictive as most other drugs, don't get me wrong. but jesus christfagonastick, when will society realize people use drugs for a reason? (besides "escapism" or w/e they think is our primary motivator)

not to mention alcohol is more expensive, even when it's legal giving it a huge economic advantage :/

^ not to mention that alcohol is far more addictive and far less healthy for the user than cannabis, and is involved in a solid portion of the crime and traffic accidents in the world, unlike cannabis.

This is how we're doing fucking science now? Sample sizes of one? For fuck's sake.

Exactly what I thought pal. It's a fucking disgrace.

There was a story in the paper recently about a girl that only ate mars bars. She had to bring mars bars with her if she was going to a restaurant.

OH NOES!!!11 BAN DA EV1L MARZBARZ lol!111//

$5000 a year isn't bad at all. Hell that's less than the yearly price of a Cymbalta prescription. Seriously, I've struggled with depression my whole life and paid all kinds of outrageous prices for meds and various treatments. A 50 minute hour with a psychotherapist is $100. Do that once a week for a year and WOW! I'm down 5 large. So if it takes $5000 worth of weed for this lady to feel like a human being, more power to her. I'll bet that when she gets out of treatment with her scrip for Effexor or Lexapro or Seroquel or whatever and experiences the side effects and withdrawal associated with those, she'll wish she had her $5K habit back.

I'm sorry but this "news" article is bullshit.