• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 9 months since last oxycodone use, how much of a tolerance drop should I expect?

crisler

Bluelighter
For the past few years Ive been occasionally using OC, started at 15mg, after 5 years of doing oxy at a frequence of maybe once a month maybe twice in one month some months, my tolerance grew to around 50-60mg needed at one dose to feel high for 4-5 hours. I havent used in 9 months not due to trying to avoid it for addiction reasons, I actually have been on tramadol and they dont go together learned that the hard way after almost dying around christmas from a combo of 250mg tramadol and 50mg oxy.

So now that I am successfully off of tramadol Ive been thinking about trying oxy again one day. Not soon because I want to fully heal from tramadol withdraws. But in the next few weeks I want to try 30mg oxycodone see if that is going to be how 60mg used to be. Am I over-exaggerating this t-break in my mind? Or should my tolerance actually drop a great deal? Sorry if this is a stupid question/

Shit, if I had to do what your saying, I'd try 5 or 10mg and forget what you (subjectively) felt. Go as low as you can, or don't start up.

The point I was trying to make was you might not need as much to get off. The lower, the better.

Ok so my tolerance should be dropped ok. So ill try 15mg again or 10

Yeah start as low as possible, your tolerance will be low, however it will spike back up quicker than it did before..

You should expect an absolute reduction in tolerance to be safe. It's not fully understood medically at this point how exactly permanent tolerance occurs to Opioids, but I can tell you from experience that after having a large habit, your tolerance never goes back down to what it was before. The only issue is that you haven't actually been abstaining completely from Opioids, you've been using Tramdol.

Although Tramadol is a relatively weak Opioid, given the fact that you're looking to experiment with lower doses of Oxycodone, you might not get the exact effect that you're looking for. If you allow ample time to detox from the Tramadol, then I wouldn't be surprised if you caught a nice buzz from 30mg of Oxycodone. Just be aware that your acute tolerance is going to shoot through the roof exponentially quicker than it did the first time you developed an Opioid habit. It's known sometimes as the Kindling Effect and I've lived it.

Have never tried tramadol so not quite sure if there is going to be some kind of cross tolerance effect from switching from one opioid to the next but ideally start around the dose you originally began taking oxy at, like 15mg. Give it a minute to kick in if you are taking it orally, which I am assuming, but don't know because lots of people use oxy in other ROAs than oral, but I do know oral takes a little longer to receive any kind of feeling opposed to the other methods. Start at like 15mg and take it from there, only you can decide what is the best dose for you, we can only help so much because we have no idea how your body will react, only you do, we can only speculate based on experience. I have taken tons of oxy in my opiate using days, that was my DOC for years, until I began messing with other opioids like H and dilaudid, so while I may not know a thing about tramadol other than what I have read, I do know a lot about oxy and how fickle of a drug it can be if you take it after not taking it for a long time. You could feel good like when you began taking it, or you could feel absolutely nothing at a low dose and need more.

Shit, if I had to do what your saying, I'd try 5 or 10mg and forget what you (subjectively) felt. Go as low as you can, or don't start up.
^This right here. Never assume after a tolerance break that it is anything but back to baseline (it probably won't be depending on time lengths and doses but starting at the lowest has countless benefits)! Oh and I agree the longer you can be off the tramadol the better. Stay low as long as you can, even taking breaks for a couple days between use or as stated-it'll jump back up quicker than you can imagine. Victim of the kindling effect here too. Those are the things that postponed it longest for me-use less, less often, as long as you can.

^This right here. Never assume after a tolerance break that it is anything but back to baseline (it probably won't be depending on time lengths and doses but starting at the lowest has countless benefits)! Oh and I agree the longer you can be off the tramadol the better. Stay low as long as you can, even taking breaks for a couple days between use or as stated-it'll jump back up quicker than you can imagine. Victim of the kindling effect here too. Those are the things that postponed it longest for me-use less, less often, as long as you can.

Oh no worries I will never use tramadol again. Also as strange as it seems and untrue as it seems, trust me guys, I have no risk of addiction with oxycodone. Never made it regular, always a treat. I never even had to try to not use daily. Although I have access to over 200 five mg percocets atm at my moms house (I counted 120 and 104 in her bottles one day, year old bottles she discontinued taking but never trashed them). I'll probably make a thread in about a month telling you all my findings/experience with a 10 month break from oxycodone, and how much the tolerance dropped. If I nodded off 10/15mg that would be unreal, who knows. Anyways thanks guys for the advice and I assure you I wll NOT be taking 30mg, i will take 10mg and add one more five mg about 45 minutes to an hour in.