• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 7 Day Xanax Binge, Will I have withdrawals?

bxtays

Greenlighter
I took 10mg Xanax for 7 days straight and have no more bars or can not access any more for a long while. I am wondering if I will have withdrawals or any symptoms due to this?

Thank you very much for your responses.

I doubt it very much. Physical dependence takes much longer than many people think. However, you may have some rebound anxiety and disrupted sleep.

Doubtful, like Fubar said its probably just gonna fuck up your sleep for a few days. That's pretty much where every minor benzo addiction gets me. But as far as a dangerous withdrawal, that's not really whats in store. But im no doctor, i just wish you the best of luck.

Take care and stay safe

Even if I meant 10mg per day for 7 days (70mg total), not 10mg through 7 days. I'll be fine still?

(Was not sure if that was clear by the way I worded my original message.)

Why were you taking 10 mg a day? You at least realize how large of a dose that is right?

Tolerance from a long time ago, used to take 5-10mg flunitrazolam 4 times daily.

It is a high dose even if you have previous tolerance built up, but i don't think you'd have any withdrawals other than restlessness and inability to sleep properly if it was just over the course of 1 week, but you can never know. Benzos are one thing that i swore to steer clear from after nearly dying from multiple seizures during withdrawal. Be safe with them, they're dangerous little things.

Thank you very much, I will update this thread when/if I do feel anything or if all is well.

I'm pretty sure you'll be completely fine as a one week binge isn't really a prolonged use (even though it was pretty high amounts), didn't mean to scare you or anything with my experience was just sharing my past that i had after constant use of stupid amounts over a 2 year or so period.

my personal experience with benzo, being a long user of them too. if i stop them abruptly after a short period say a week or more, i always get RLS and restlessness over all at night making sleeping not fun.
But maybe you it wont hit you all with anything.

Best of luck

Highly doubt it, i had diazepam for 2 months straight at 60mg per day which is over the max dose a day and i had no problems stopping altogether. Well i did go a week on just 10mg then stopped, so i went from 60mg one week down to 10mg down to nothing the following week.

You are absolutely fine. If it was more than 4 weeks then perhaps you would experience mild WD's but not from 1 week.

While your not in too deep you should make it a week without and a week using, you wont expereince WD's ever by doing this otherwise if using daily for weeks you will fall into the benzo hole and its not a nice place for most. It can be very hard to climb out.