• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

5 year tramadol user

So they do help in terms of withdrawals I think too..

benzos are like manna from heaven when i'm in the midst of opiate wd's, they also work bless when i'm having a particularly brutal hangover.
but all that is why they;re so bloody dangerously addictive - that panacea, indiscriminately carpet-bombing all the bumpy bits out of life -
but you need those peaks and throughs to experience that fully rounded life we all crave, without it you;re just, well you aren't much really.

*use sparingly ;)

benzos are like manna from heaven when i'm in the midst of opiate wd's, they also work bless when i'm having a particularly brutal hangover.
but all that is why they;re so bloody dangerously addictive - that panacea, indiscriminately carpet-bombing all the bumpy bits out of life -
but you need those peaks and throughs to experience that fully rounded life we all crave, without it you;re just, well you aren't much really.

*use sparingly ;)
What you mean like mana from heaven mate ? I'm from the north west by the way I'm unable to send another message for 160 mins unfortunately, I'm not ignorant or anything.. I don't drink at all to be fair mate the odd beer now and again.. but yea I get what your saying we all crave something.

What you mean like mana from heaven mate ? I'm from the north west by the way I'm unable to send another message for 160 mins unfortunately, I'm not ignorant or anything.. I don't drink at all to be fair mate the odd beer now and again.. but yea I get what your saying we all crave something.

its a biblical expression, (google is your friend): 'Manna from Heaven def.: Food that God gave miraculously to the Israelites in the Exodus, after the food that they had brought with them out of Egypt had either spoiled or run out.'; basically just means fucking lifeeeesaverrrr haha .
yeah once u get past 50 posts they take that cap off, whereabouts north west? Lancaster? i went there in February.
good for you man the drink is one of the worst drugs out there - which i just happen to crave constantly

its a biblical expression, (google is your friend): 'Manna from Heaven def.: Food that God gave miraculously to the Israelites in the Exodus, after the food that they had brought with them out of Egypt had either spoiled or run out.'; basically just means fucking lifeeeesaverrrr haha .
yeah once u get past 50 posts they take that cap off, whereabouts north west? Lancaster? i went there in February.
good for you man the drink is one of the worst drugs out there - which i just happen to crave constantly

i sometimes need things spelling out haha sorry but thank you I never knew at all,
learn something new each day. Lancashire I'm from buddy, I'll be more specific in private message mate ✌️

I have been on trams for about 5 years and want off of them so bad.weaning has not happened for me i have tried i dont know what to do anymore when i called a local clinic they all but laughed at me but i need help! Any advice?

Hey, don't know if you're still trying to titrate off of Tramadol, but I wanted to reach out. I have had the unfortunate pleasure of being dependent on many different types of meds- painkillers and benzos over the past 10 years, and by far, the worst to come off of was tramadol. It laid me low. I tried multiple times but didn't succeed until I told my doc i felt dependent on it. She gave me small amounts- enough for 2 weeks at a time, and had me go down by 10mg per week. It took months, and I needed to use some of my benzos to help me get through the worst days but I have been off of them for 2 years now.
A few things that may help are:
-Acknowledge that it's not going to happen overnight. It will probably take months if you want to come off of them w out nasty withdrawals.
-Getting smaller quantities at more frequent intervals really helped me stay on track. It's really easy to fall into the "deal with the consequences tomorrow" line of thought, and double up on meds for a better today. But tomorrow always comes, and it kicks your ass.
-I started using a pill box and I'd divy up my meds per day. It was a more tangible way to keep myself in line because I couldn't use additional meds one day without taking them from another day.
-Make sure you're in a good place before you start the titration. If you've just moved, had a child, started a stressful job, etc- wait until you've got the other things in your life somewhat managed. Coming off of any mood altering medication is going to be rough, don't throw any more stressors into the mix.
-Get a support system. I'm sure many people know the fear and anxiety that comes when you anticipate sharing your struggles with someone. I hid my issues from my spouse for 5 years before I almost OD'd and everything came out. I was so scared to tell him, but when I did he told me he had no idea I was so unhappy and that he wanted to help me get into a good place again.
You don't have to tell people exactly what your struggling with, but letting them know that you're working through some things and you have bad days when you need a friend, is better than nothing.
Most people understand that sometimes you just have to do whatever you can to survive the day.
I hope some of this helps and that it isn't just useless chatter.
I wish you luck and commend you on your decision to take the hard road.
Please give me a shout out if you ever need a friend.