• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

5 year tramadol user

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Okay so I've smoked weed dakly and took I upto 8 50mg tramadol per day for intense back pain, now I've been reduced and finally stopped taking them on prescription. I started self mediciating on Valium 10mg upto 5 per day to get a sort of high as I'm now always down and depressed, however when I first started taking tramadol I got a buzz, a nice high.

Is there a question here or are you just musing?

Taking Valium or other benzos is actually more risky/addictive that tramadol misuse. Tramadol's main metabolite is an opioid with effects like morphine. Benzos don't hit the opioid receptor at all but they are also muscle relaxants, etc so they are still depressants. In rats/monkeys trianed to identify morphine I don't think benzos substitute at all.

Combining the two brings a risk of overdosing and respiratory depression too, so don't mix 'em.

NSPD -> BDD

What's the point of weening off your tramadol If you are just going to start another addiction to a drug that's more hazardous and (possibly?) less effective for pain?

Benzo withdrawals can actually be life threatening so if you are going to remain addicted to something at least switch back to a relatively physically benign opiate.

You're most likely depressed from the tramadol withdrawal(opioid agonist withdrawal symptoms include depression, and with tramadol you also have the snri withdrawal effects.), and benzos are not gonna help in the long term. As others have said, it's actually a worse addiction to have, and withdrawal can be quite dangerous. Be safe.

You're most likely depressed from the tramadol withdrawal(opioid agonist withdrawal symptoms include depression, and with tramadol you also have the snri withdrawal effects.), and benzos are not gonna help in the long term. As others have said, it's actually a worse addiction to have, and withdrawal can be quite dangerous. Be safe.
What would be your best advice becaue I feel I need to have something to relieve how I feel when I wake in a morning and throughout the day.. basically all the time.

What's the point of weening off your tramadol If you are just going to start another addiction to a drug that's more hazardous and (possibly?) less effective for pain?

Benzo withdrawals can actually be life threatening so if you are going to remain addicted to something at least switch back to a relatively physically benign opiate.
Here in the U.K. I can't just specifically ask for a mediciation else we are seen as drug seekers,,
However my doctor stopped the tramadol so I had no choice but to look for an alternative or quit my
Job and lie down all day/night most likely making it worse

I'm sorry to hear that. Why did your doctor cut you off? Maybe you can find a new doctor or appeal their decision to stop your meds?

Also you could try edible marijuana for your pain too. Since edibles pass directly through the stomach and liver they are metabolized in a different way then smoked weed.

You could also try kratom, it's the leaf of a tree that grows mostly in Thailand, Malaysia, and such countries. It works on the opiate receptors and for some people it works fantastic for their pain.

It is slightly less addictive than regular opiates but does still carry significant addiction risks. The plant is very safe with the exception of a select few in the population that get liver problems from it, so if you decide to use kratom get regular check ups with your doctor. I'm not sure of the legality of kratom in the UK so you may want to check that out before ordering some.

I'm sorry to hear that. Why did your doctor cut you off? Maybe you can find a new doctor or appeal their decision to stop your meds?

Also you could try edible marijuana for your pain too. Since edibles pass directly through the stomach and liver they are metabolized in a different way then smoked weed.

You could also try kratom, it's the leaf of a tree that grows mostly in Thailand, Malaysia, and such countries. It works on the opiate receptors and for some people it works fantastic for their pain.

It is slightly less addictive than regular opiates but does still carry significant addiction risks. The plant is very safe with the exception of a select few in the population that get liver problems from it, so if you decide to use kratom get regular check ups with your doctor. I'm not sure of the legality of kratom in the UK so you may want to check that out before ordering some.

wpuld you have any good online sources I could look into, I've been up the entire night after 100mg Valium crying in pain, I'm a fully grown man aged 25 this shouldn't be happening, I need and want to work

Well we can't source here but the vendor I use for kratom is very popular and you could say they are the king.

Bali is a good strain to start out with, it's a little more sedating then some of the red vein strains. Definitely look into the different kratom strains if you want to try it out and see which one would be best for you.

After 5 years did you feel positive effects or just maintaining a habit? I'd be interested to know if it would be a worthwhile addiction, though I highly doubt it. I've been trying to find a pill that works for me, and though I know tramadol does this, having been an opiate addict I wouldn't dare risk the darkness that is opiates.

I have been on trams for about 5 years and want off of them so bad.weaning has not happened for me i have tried i dont know what to do anymore when i called a local clinic they all but laughed at me but i need help! Any advice?

After 5 years did you feel positive effects or just maintaining a habit? I'd be interested to know if it would be a worthwhile addiction, though I highly doubt it. I've been trying to find a pill that works for me, and though I know tramadol does this, having been an opiate addict I wouldn't dare risk the darkness that is opiates.
Yea I kinda did but after about a week at least I started to feel a bit more positive I guess. But I don't exactly want tramadol I just know opiates work extremely well but as you say have dark side effects worse than heroin in some cases.

I have been on trams for about 5 years and want off of them so bad.weaning has not happened for me i have tried i dont know what to do anymore when i called a local clinic they all but laughed at me but i need help! Any advice?

Follow my threads I'm in the same situation and I feel more positive. I'm based in the U.K. Though our health system is different, plus if clinics see you as a drug seeker your treated different well from my experience. Hope this helps a little

Ive been on Tramadol for 20+ years its helped my extreme debilatations extremely well and ive never found it to be addictive or habit forming in the slightest way wonderful medication.

Valium might help with the physical side effects of tramadol withdrawal if you're experiencing any. Valium will help with anxiety but as far as taking it for depression i don't think its a good idea as benzos are known to make depression worse.

valium and all other benzos can make depressive symptoms and depression much worse. opiates can also act as anti-depressants.

valium and all other benzos can make depressive symptoms and depression much worse. opiates can also act as anti-depressants.

totally agree, I got the depression relief from tramadol within an hour.. but these Valium just make me clam, relaxed depressed, emotional even.. I'm lost
emt

Valium might help with the physical side effects of tramadol withdrawal if you're experiencing any. Valium will help with anxiety but as far as taking it for depression i don't think its a good idea as benzos are known to make depression worse.
Yea they definitely are because being on nothing I couldn't work, sleep eat anything it's horrible. So they do help in terms of withdrawals I think too..