View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MeO-MiPT appreciation

MrPMosh

Greenlighter
After coming across a large high quality amount of this tryptamine, i have experimented with it quite a bit in the past months, and i must say, it has become one of my favourite compounds.
I have seen so many polarising opinions about it that i felt compelled to share a basic summary of these months.

If i had to choose a word to describe Moxy (not its effects) would be "Versatility".

It has the potential of being a fun mood booster at lower dosages (less than 5mg) and can be a full blown deep and intense psychedelic experience.

Setting and activities have a lot of influence on the character and tone of the trip.
Examples: just watching a movie and being totally immersed, having complex in depth discussions about physics/chemistry, hiking and being in the nature, having profound transformational experiences, meditation, party, etc.

I understand that can be a "difficult" substance sometimes, but when "ridden" properly, it can be a very rewarding one.

One of the most synergistic combinations I have ever experienced is weed with Moxy, at high dosages the body load translated into very intense and pleasant physical sensations when listening to music, and the visuals were amazing. And all this while having the possibility of delving deep into ones consciousness. Apb combines also very well in moderate dosages.

Another great characteristic: no dilated pupils! :) often used small dosages in social settings where drugs are frowned upon...

In short, i think this compound can be a bit difficult at times, but when used properly it can be one of the most polyfacetic compounds i have tried.

what do you think?

What do I think? I've come to like moxy personally, it sort of grew on me. My first experiences were okay, but I've always had access to what I would consider "better" compounds. It's funny how fate brought me back to this chem, apparently I blacked out on etizolam and ordered some because when I woke up the next morning I recieved tracking for a small order of 5-meo-mipt. I could only assume that I meant to order 4-ho-mipt (which is also quite lovely by the way) because my opinion of moxy at the time was a bit spoiled by previous mediocre experiences.

Well anyways once the order arrived I delved into my stash and started to find more and more positives but tbh, on it's own it's nothing too special. Idk, I've spoiled myself on too many psychs. I REALLY enjoy vaporizing moxy when on other substances though, it adds a nice orange glow and mushroom-like vibe to things. The bodyload/overstimulation at high oral doses prevents me from pushing the dose but this can be somewhat resolved by plugging a portion of your dose and vaping 5mg amounts every 5-10 minutes until your where you want to be. Honestly though a 4-sub trypt would do a better job at providing a deep spiritual state with less bodyload but that's just because I don't find moxy very deep at all. It's sure got it's uses though... for sure.

I really like 5-MeO-MiPT. I find it to be amazing at interrupting periods of anxiety or depression and bringing out that wonderful natural emotionally free and unblocked state. It's crystal clear in the mind, great with euphoria, makes everything sparkly. It has a lot of body energy which at times can be interpreted as anxiety, and the come-up can be a bit intense because of it. But it always resolves into a thing of beauty.

I actually haven't ever taken it above 8mg though I've done it many times. What I described above is pretty much what I use it for.

I usually don't trip when I'm going through a period of anxiety or depression but now that I think about it I can see how it would work out in a positive way. Moxy has always been uplifting and jovial, perhaps an average dose and some sit-down meditation will allow for a nice channeling of positive energy without the fear and guilt some of the more serious psychs bring when in a rough patch. I'll give it a shot, I've always got moxy around anyways

Yeah it's like an energy realignment, though sometimes I have to work through the body energy during the come-up. As always being outside helps this a lot, as does doing something physical - even walking.

I often enjoy moxy as a social enhancer in the 2-4mg range. It's one of the few psychedelics where I don't mind being out and about in public. My third experience with this chemical was at 6mg, exploring a nearby city alone for the first time. I remember thinking to myself at the time that the only way to describe how I felt was "totally blissed out." I was really disappointed that I didn't have the foresight to bring my headphones, but the art museum was fantastic! Later, I met my girlfriend for dinner in a penthouse piano bar. The entire experience wasn't overwhelmingly insightful or profound, but it was probably the best wholly recreational trip I have ever had; certainly the most memorable. Since then, I mostly use it as an occasional boost for otherwise-dull dinner parties with drug-naive friends. Normally I don't drink on psychedelics, but alcohol seems to smooth out the body load for me. And those munchies ... !

I love it. The body high is incredible and it gives a very pleasant "stoned" sensibility.

However, I must say that my level of appreciation grew for it immensely after I realized how much better it was if you avoided redosing. Where I would previously keep topping off the maintain the body high--going through as much as ~40mg in a night--and never getting much psychedelia out of it, I recently took a mere 3mg in a capsule with 30mg 5-mapb and 15mg ethylphenidate, and got tremendous visuals past the two hour mark.

Just 3mg. And this was the day after a day of intense tripping on a 20mg 4-aco-dmt + 80mg 5mapb combo. I was blown away.

The compound is really so much better if you just let it progress through its stages without muddying things up with redosing. Take all that you want to take, all at once, is my advice. I can't wait to try a higher single dosage (hmm... 15mg?). Because I've yet to start out with a dose higher than 8mg or so (though I've taken larger doses than that after tolerance is built over a night of redosing).

I prepared a cap of 100mg 5mapb, 20mg 2fa, 2mg 5meo-mipt for this weekend. I've heard a lot about this combo and can't wait to see how it plays out for myself. The only thing that worries me is that I'm going to a major league baseball game with friends--I wonder if at that dosage of 5mapb I might not be the best state for a sporting event like that.

I agree about the lack of redosing, although I have never experienced visuals at all from it other than a crispness of vision and saturation of color (which is beautiful). 5-MeO-MiPT has a great progression, and it's best to allow it to do its thing.

I love it. The body high is incredible and it gives a very pleasant "stoned" sensibility.

However, I must say that my level of appreciation grew for it immensely after I realized how much better it was if you avoided redosing. Where I would previously keep topping off the maintain the body high--going through as much as ~40mg in a night--and never getting much psychedelia out of it, I recently took a mere 3mg in a capsule with 30mg 5-mapb and 15mg ethylphenidate, and got tremendous visuals past the two hour mark.

Just 3mg. And this was the day after a day of intense tripping on a 20mg 4-aco-dmt + 80mg 5mapb combo. I was blown away.

The compound is really so much better if you just let it progress through its stages without muddying things up with redosing. Take all that you want to take, all at once, is my advice. I can't wait to try a higher single dosage (hmm... 15mg?). Because I've yet to start out with a dose higher than 8mg or so (though I've taken larger doses than that after tolerance is built over a night of redosing).

I prepared a cap of 100mg 5mapb, 20mg 2fa, 2mg 5meo-mipt for this weekend. I've heard a lot about this combo and can't wait to see how it plays out for myself. The only thing that worries me is that I'm going to a major league baseball game with friends--I wonder if at that dosage of 5mapb I might not be the best state for a sporting event like that.

The 5mapb could make you feel rather mongy, that combo sounds lovely for an evening chilling at home with someone ;-)
let us know how it went, im very interested in that combo. Next week im having, 50mg 5apdb+ 50mg 6apdb + 3mg meo mipt on the above mentioned setting.

Higher dosages can be difficult, but exactly as Xorkoth said, if you manage to find the right alignment (which most of the time has a strong physical component), the trip can be extremely rewarding.

I had an experience with this on Sunday. I had a cap waiting for a rain day, but it only storms at night here.... ( I'm a construction worker ). 15 mgs. Woke up at 6 and let the sleepies wear off, and popped it at 8 in the a.m.. around an hour passed and my wife woke up asking if I would join her in the shower. I obliged. About twenty minutes before, I had brushed my teeth and that resulted in some dry heaving, but I was alright. Back to the shower. Standing without wobbling all about was an impossible task. While I was rinsing my hair, my wife decided to give me a handy j. I kept begging her to stop so we could enjoy each other, but sadly (*WINK*), to no avail. After the shower, we were watching CNN Sunday news or some shit. I realized shortly that all of the attendees on the panel had inner ear devices so the news director could tell them what to say. Very disheartening, even for someone who reviles the news, and tv in general, such as I. Then,, she started doing something that made me realize why our intimate life is a touch underwhelming: she wants it as much as I do BUT: I need to learn her body language, subtle as it is. After another hour and a half or so of fooling around, she had to go to work. But all is well. The honeymoon is next week! I may have hit on a great insight at an impossibly perfect time. Alas, I think I finally understand what integration is!! Side note - this was my first tryptamine rc and I love it.

Last edited:
IME, i mostly use moxy in low doses as a "booster", with metocin (4-HO-MET), for instance, i find it synergises perfectly. Like 5-10mg max of moxy with 30+mg of metocin is perfect strong visuals, euphoria, sense of feeling light bodied kindof a floaty feeling, intense music appreciation, OEV's and CEV's...

High dose moxy by itself is definately very psychadelic, but IME, not that visual i did a 40+mg experience, and the visuals were way less present than with "metocin", but it had a sort of introspective depth to it that i found pleasant.