• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids 4-mpregabalin

Zonxx

Bluelighter
Anyone have any experience to share with this one? i've taken thousands of mg of pregabalin, and finally found myself short this month, so i'm deciding whether a stronger alternative vs regular pregabalin is worth it in my situation, any thoughts BL'rs would like to share?

interested to hear what people say. i’ve never heard of this. lyrica used to get passed around like candy back in my college days because it was worth swallowing but not worth selling. one of the university psychs must have thought it was a cure all because everyone had a script. if i remember correctly it was good for nothing unless mixed with benzos. it lasted a long time so it almost drew out the duration of benzos.

i also remembed lyrica was like phenibut in that tolerance developed rapidly enough to make it impractical.

interested to hear what people say. i’ve never heard of this. lyrica used to get passed around like candy back in my college days because it was worth swallowing but not worth selling. if i remember correctly it was good for nothing unless mixed with benzos. it lasted a long time so it almost drew out the duration of benzos.

i also remembed lyrica was like phenibut in that tolerance developed rapidly enough to make it impractical.
well, see when you have over 800 pills of the stuff you tend not to care about tolerance until you run out like my situation, luckily i only use it to off-set the edge from amphetamines, which is why im debating a stronger version of it vs ordering more ontop of my monthly script, i personally find pregabalin to be a better partner with stimulants for an edge or anxiety than a full out benzo but i've been told i'm weird, so yeah i'm weird

As far as advice for your situation, I'm not clear as to what ailment you're treating. The only thing you mentioned was augmenting a stim to take the edge off as well as having a large supply aside from whatever script you are getting.
I understand what you mean with pregabalin smoothing out a stim. I've done it with Adderall+gabapentin.

First of all, I may be wrong, but last I checked, there was no stronger compound than pregabalin, unless you're referring to a different milligram. 300 is the largest. That said, the pharmaceutical companies certainly have created other options, but I don't think they are on the market officially. I just checked that out a few days ago, realized they have created something called "mirogabalin" ,i believe was the name. Pregabalin has only been on the market since 2006, and still has no generic. Really, if it were me, I'd stick to what you have because i don't think it's going to get better for a while.

Personally, i love both gabapentin and pregabalin. I get a script for gabapentin and buy it whenever possible from those that are selling. I both switched to pregabalin and then back to gabapentin because i would go through the pregabalin script in like 3 days. It has change in it's compound to fix the bioavailability which a flaw with gabapentin.

I also prefer either to benzos if aiming to sedate yourself. The gaba's make me productive and sociable. Nice mood stabilizer as well. Wish i could have a stash as big as you claim!!

As far as advice for your situation, I'm not clear as to what ailment you're treating. The only thing you mentioned was augmenting a stim to take the edge off as well as having a large supply aside from whatever script you are getting.
I understand what you mean with pregabalin smoothing out a stim. I've done it with Adderall+gabapentin.

First of all, I may be wrong, but last I checked, there was no stronger compound than pregabalin. That said, the pharmaceutical companies certainly have created other options, but I don't think they are on the market officially. I just checked that out a few days ago, realized they have created something called "mirogabalin" ,i believe was the name. Pregabalin has only been on the market since 2006, and still has no generic. Really, if it were me, I'd stick to what you have because i don't think it's going to get better for a while.

Personally, i love both gabapentin and pregabalin. I get a script for gabapentin and buy it whenever possible from those that are selling. I both switched to pregabalin and then back to gabapentin because i would go through the pregabalin script in like 3 days. It has change in it's compound to fix the bioavailability which a flaw with gabapentin.

I also prefer either to benzos if aiming to sedate yourself. The gaba's make me productive and sociable. Nice mood stabilizer as well. Wish i could have a stash as big as you claim!!
4-methylpregabalin is 4-5x stronger than pregabalin.
and i stated my use exactly as is, strictly only- for taking the edge off of stims, i too love pregab/pentin, more pregab, and even more together, but my supply has dwindled over the last few months and am left with making due with a monthly script, but the substance i'm reffering to is much much stronger than pregabalin which is why i'm searching for anyone with experience, and it is MUCH cheaper than pregabalin aswell.

a side note - i find pregabalin to be additive to the stimulant experience vs oddly a benzo typically takes away from the experience for me, to each their own on that though, but with regards to a benzo, i almost always use them to end a stimulant binge because i use relatively unhealthy dosages leading to comedowns being particularly mentally hellish without a benzo

pertaining to the science of pentin vs pregabalin is that pentin only has a bioavail of 30ish % and is only absorbed in the small intestine, vs pregabalin in both and being close to 100% absorbed. (is not absorbed or processed through the liver, which i'm not certain about pentin but im willing to bet the liver also lowers its bio)

Last edited:
and i stated my use exactly as is, strictly only- for taking the edge off of stims, i too love pregab/pentin, more pregab, and even more together, but my supply has dwindled over the last few months and am left with making due with a monthly script, but the substance i'm reffering to is much much stronger than pregabalin which is why i'm searching for anyone with experience, and it is MUCH cheaper than pregabalin aswell.

a side note - i find pregabalin to be additive to the stimulant experience vs oddly a benzo typically takes away from the experience for me, to each their own on that though
That last paragraph i agree with completely and i know what you mean. I like mixing them with just about anything.

4-methylpregabalin? Yeah I'm not familiar with that. 4-5x stronger? That's awesome.

I thought the "4" you were including I'm the post was some kind of typo lol.

So, what are you currently taking? regular pregabalin?

That last paragraph i agree with completely and i know what you mean. I like mixing them with just about anything.

4-methylpregabalin? Yeah I'm not familiar with that. 4-5x stronger? That's awesome.

I thought the "4" you were including I'm the post was some kind of typo lol.

So, what are you currently taking? regular pregabalin?
yeah, until i ran out a week ago i was taking 1-2k mg alongside amps, and combining pregabalin with amounts of pentin id rather not state, but yeah its a research chemical that is little known because not many people use pregabalin recreationally, not that my use is really recreational in its own right but it does add to the substance's experience that i do use recreationally, 4-mpregab is sold as an rc so its in the 'gray market' but that still doesn't mean that many will find it recreational either, only those whom enjoy pregabalin to start, and yeah the strength sounds nice however, when somthing is made more potent, so are the negatives (which i havent experienced at extremely high doses which doesn't mean that i won't experience them with 4-pregab)

i firmly believe the substance will be made available and scheduled eventually so i want to stock up on it if its worth it, i'll probably be trying it and loving it, but, i believe it to be making it into the legitamate drug market within the next 2-3 years for neuropathic pain for sure.

I see everything on this 4-methylpregabalin. That's great. If and when it goes to the market remains to be seen. I know Pfizer was pushing their chemists to develop other stronger and more effective compounds. You found a solid vendor, i assume?

yeah, until i ran out a week ago i was taking 1-2k mg alongside amps, and combining pregabalin with amounts of pentin id rather not state, but yeah its a research chemical that is little known because not many people use pregabalin recreationally, not that my use is really recreational in its own right but it does add to the substance's experience that i do use recreationally, 4-mpregab is sold as an rc so its in the 'gray market' but that still doesn't mean that many will find it recreational either, only those whom enjoy pregabalin to start, and yeah the strength sounds nice however, when somthing is made more potent, so are the negatives (which i havent experienced at extremely high doses which doesn't mean that i won't experience them with 4-pregab)

i firmly believe the substance will be made available and scheduled eventually so i want to stock up on it if its worth it, i'll probably be trying it and loving it, but, i believe it to be making it into the legitamate drug market within the next 2-3 years for neuropathic pain for sure.

I see. When you mention more potency equals more unpleasant side effects, there's absolutely truth to that.

With regard to Pfizer struggling to achieve this, the article I read said they had only a little time before their patent ran out. Hopefully you're correct about it hitting the market in the near future.

With regard to the recreational use and street value, you're right as well. Gabapentin certainly is pretty well known.. As much as it'll ever be probably, but gabapentin has a street value, while I've never heard of pregabalin having the same.

I see. When you mention more potency equals more unpleasant side effects, there's absolutely truth to that.

With regard to Pfizer struggling to achieve this, the article I read said they had only a little time before their patent ran out. Hopefully you're correct about it hitting the market in the near future.

With regard to the recreational use and street value, you're right as well. Gabapentin certainly is pretty well known.. As much as it'll ever be probably, but gabapentin has a street value, while I've never heard of pregabalin having the same.
i have, but its mostly the poly-substance using folks who diddle with gabapentinoids, to off-set or help off-set symptoms of some sort, i don't know why gabapentin is so widely known vs pregabalin, especially since pregabalin has less side effects, more positives, aswell as is better absorbed thus, if i were a doctor would enable me to give it out in lesser amounts and it be equally if not more effective than pentin ^^ i mean don't get me wrong, pregabalin out of all of my drugs is probably the more beneficial vs any side effects/negatives, infact it's the safest substance i consume in excess to be quite honest, but i am a heavily-drug dependent indivual to say the least, be it opiates or stimulants, i smoke crack to manage chronic pain, take amphetamines to manage cocaine cravings, opiates to generally manage my pain but can't get an increase, and now my hunt for a new doctor is on which is the worst part of it >.> oh i'm in for a fun 2020

I get zero effects from gabapentin, but pregabalin works wonders for me. Pain relief, antianxiety, helps me sleep, and the neuropathy in my feet disappears. Also, I somehow don't have the urge to push it to the edge of a cliff like I do with benzos. I don't know if it's physically addictive, but I feel like if I had to stop taking it, I'd be fine. If I was on benzos, and had to just stop, I have seizures and die.

^heads up it is physically addictive.

pregabalin seems to be an exceptional gabapentinoid when it comes to recreational effects. studies suggest a lot of the new ones in development have less potential for abuse, but studies always find that because it’s a selling point. more meaningful, almost all trip reports from people who manage to get their hands on them are negative.

a side note - i find pregabalin to be additive to the stimulant experience vs oddly a benzo typically takes away from the experience for me, to each their own on that though, but with regards to a benzo, i almost always use them to end a stimulant binge because i use relatively unhealthy dosages leading to comedowns being particularly mentally hellish without a benzo

pertaining to the science of pentin vs pregabalin is that pentin only has a bioavail of 30ish % and is only absorbed in the small intestine, vs pregabalin in both and being close to 100% absorbed. (is not absorbed or processed through the liver, which i'm not certain about pentin but im willing to bet the liver also lowers its bio)
Holy crap. I love pregab . 4/5x strength?! Wouldn’t use it more than once a month but it would be sweet on that day.

pregabalin seems to be an exceptional gabapentinoid when it comes to recreational effects. studies suggest a lot of the new ones in development have less potential for abuse, but studies always find that because it’s a selling point. more meaningful, almost all trip reports from people who manage to get their hands on them are negative

pregabalin seems to be an exceptional gabapentinoid when it comes to recreational effects. studies suggest a lot of the new ones in development have less potential for abuse, but studies always find that because it’s a selling point. more meaningful, almost all trip reports from people who manage to get their hands on them are negative.
Yikes, I didn't know that. I mean, I should have figured that it would, I just never thought about it. Selective ignorance, I guess. I found a case study about it, and it sounds pretty uncomfortable.
but have you ever seen someone going through full blown benzo or alcohol withdrawals? It's a nightmaris, potentially fatal medical emergency, and a lot of the time the delirium makes the world a disorienting, terrifying place, and it's almost impossible to formulate a sentence, even if you could stop vomiting and having seizures. Everywhere you look, there are spiders and snakes, and every time you close your eyes, you see grotesque, demonic faces, and the hallucinations just don't stop. Pregabalin withdrawals sound like having a flu or something, I'm fine with going through that if I ever need to get off them.

Yikes, I didn't know that. I mean, I should have figured that it would, I just never thought about it. Selective ignorance, I guess. I found a case study about it, and it sounds pretty uncomfortable.
but have you ever seen someone going through full blown benzo or alcohol withdrawals? It's a nightmaris, potentially fatal medical emergency, and a lot of the time the delirium makes the world a disorienting, terrifying place, and it's almost impossible to formulate a sentence, even if you could stop vomiting and having seizures. Everywhere you look, there are spiders and snakes, and every time you close your eyes, you see grotesque, demonic faces, and the hallucinations just don't stop. Pregabalin withdrawals sound like having a flu or something, I'm fine with going through that if I ever need to get off them.
oh yeah, gabapentanoid wd SUCKS. not as badly as benzo wd, but it's right up there.

Pregabalin withdrawals sound like having a flu or something, I'm fine with going through that if I ever need to get off them.

It's sure not going to be like the flu. It's more in line with how opioid withdrawals are (some people say "it's like having the flu", but it's not, yeah there are some similarities, but with the flu, you just feel sick and shitty and lay around until it's over, with opiate withdrawals, you have the flu, PLUS you can't sleep or sit still, and you're crushingly depressed and anxious and it feels like it will be forever and you're driven insane by the overwhelming compulsion to reach for opiates to make it go away). Gabapentioid withdrawals are going to be like that, superficially maybe kinda like the flu, but a million times worse because of the mental/emotional component. I have withdrawn from gabapentinoids a few times, and I find it easier than opiate withdrawal, but only a little bit easier. It's easier to resist caving in and taking more to make it go away for some reason, but the anxiety might be even worse. And it pasts quite a while.

Gabapentin has the easiest withdrawals in terms of gabapentinoids. I have not withdrawn from pregabalin, but I hear it's much worse.

Flu is the closest you can describe it to someone who’s never been through them…in reality it’s like 100x worse

It's sure not going to be like the flu. It's more in line with how opioid withdrawals are (some people say "it's like having the flu", but it's not, yeah there are some similarities, but with the flu, you just feel sick and shitty and lay around until it's over, with opiate withdrawals, you have the flu, PLUS you can't sleep or sit still, and you're crushingly depressed and anxious and it feels like it will be forever and you're driven insane by the overwhelming compulsion to reach for opiates to make it go away). Gabapentioid withdrawals are going to be like that, superficially maybe kinda like the flu, but a million times worse because of the mental/emotional component. I have withdrawn from gabapentinoids a few times, and I find it easier than opiate withdrawal, but only a little bit easier. It's easier to resist caving in and taking more to make it go away for some reason, but the anxiety might be even worse. And it pasts quite a while.

Gabapentin has the easiest withdrawals in terms of gabapentinoids. I have not withdrawn from pregabalin, but I hear it's much worse.
That's a really good point; I think the psych/mental aspects of withdrawals are by far the worst part of it. One of the patients in the case study I posted attempted suicide during her withdrawals, and I'm sure that happens far too often. Still, the cost/benefit analysis for me weighs in favor of being on it. Pregabalin has helped me in so many ways. The quality of sleep I get, the amount of relief I get from back pain and neuropathy, and the way my social anxiety disappeared are all life changing. I'm usually socially awkward, and would rather walk into a burning building than a crowded room. Since I started pregab, I genuinely enjoy being around people and have opened up more than I ever thought was possible. It's not like a loss of inhibitions how benzos have either, it's like all those alarms and panic signals in my brain have turned off. I have really bad PTSD, and if there's another human being around me, my adrenaline starts going, my heart starts racing and my brain stem screams, "DANGER! RUN!". It takes months of knowing someone and a lot of connection for a person to get to the point where they don't trigger that response. If I had to be on it for the rest of my life, I'd be just fine with it. I usually only take 150mg BID, anyway, so 300mg/day isn't a huge habit. It's probably compounded by my phenibut habit though, but I only take around 400mg before bed every night along with a 500mg soma (which I know is not recommended). I do think about emergency situations though, like if society fell apart, and I couldn't just go to the pharmacy, or go online and order it. But if that happened, I'd already be withdrawaling from Suboxone, soma, Adderall and phenibut anyway, and I wouldn't have access to my HIV meds anymore, so I'd be completely fucked probably just opt out. Sounds terrible, and I hope it never happens, but it'd be better than slowly dying from a compromised immune system. Anyway, that got dark real quick. Thank goodness for healthcare, life is beautiful...
Do you think withdrawals could be managed with phenibut, or soma?

Last edited:
I love pregabalin and I have a chance to order 4-m-pregaba. There’s not info on it. I hear it’s 1.5x stronger than lyrica as opposed to 3-4x. Supposedly the onset is quicker too which makes this compound very appealing. Lyrica takes like 2 hours to fully kick in.

I love pregabalin and I have a chance to order 4-m-pregaba. There’s not info on it. I hear it’s 1.5x stronger than lyrica as opposed to 3-4x. Supposedly the onset is quicker too which makes this compound very appealing. Lyrica takes like 2 hours to fully kick in.
I've taken 4-methylpregabalin a handful of times, and it doesn't seem any stronger than pregabalin. I guess it does seem to hit a bit faster too.

Pregabalin is definitely my favorite, but when you start doing it daily (even for just a week or so at moderate doses) the WD can be pretty shitty for a few days. I went through 5g in the course of a few weeks (plus a very rapid taper w/ 4-methylpregabalin) and those few days were nasty. I broke down and ordered fluoxetine and even sought consultation for TRT because I felt so depressed. Also cut out the BPC-157 I'd been taking daily for about 8 months, because there's reports of it causing anhedonia.

The phenibut withdrawal feels more psychosis-like though, and I'll wake up out of super fucked up dreams and be in a very suggestible state. It also puts me in a bad mood, but nothing like the depression I felt during pregabalin WD. Never enjoyed gabapentin as much as the others, definitely not enough to start taking it daily.