Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-HO-DiPT - 4th Time (20mg orally) - Dull Dosage Mystery

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
4-HO-DiPT - 4th Time - 20mg orally

Background: I've taken several dozen psychedelics over a hundred times over the course of my life.

Setting: At home, well-fed and rested. I'd eaten a meal two hours earlier. Anticipating erotic endeavors, my friend and I took 3mg of tadalafil at ~1pm. I had no tolerance and no medications or supplements in my system. I wasn't really in the mood for a psychedelic, as I'd accidentally went overboard with smoked cannabis the night before. As a non-smoker, this caused me to trip out hard (think 18mg 2C-E, or more accurately, smoked salvia) for several hours. I took 1mg of etizolam at about midnight to sleep. That said, I'd been wanting to take a psychedelic for a couple months, so I went for it.

3pm Took 600mg phenibut (free amino acid) to minimize the low level of anxiety that was circulating in my system, possibly due to etizolam wearing off in the morning.

~4pm 20mg taken orally. My friend went with their favorite material, a respectable 20mg of 4-HO-MiPT.

4:20 Alert. Also, some unexpected nausea while brushing my teeth. My friend also develops some unpleasant gas. We both have some crystallized ginger and I have 5 drops of lemon oil. No issue for either of us after.

4:30 Gentle, euphoric energy building subtly. Some body tension already arising, so I take three tablets of magnesium malate.

4:40 Onset? Very subtle but pleasant. Shulgin +/-

5:15 Super clear-headed, but I feel some body alteration. Shulgin +

5:30 Get involved in some erotic endeavors. No real push towards it, but it was nice. Not really enhanced, but I was very present, unguarded, and enthusiastic despite having had no interest at the start of this--I was easily persuadeable. We pursued this for quite some time, neither of us reaching a Shulgin ++. Never have they ever experienced so little from 20mg of miprocin.

~6 Am I starting to trip now? Maybe? They also wonder if it might be kicking in for them. They think they're tripping harder than me, but not by much. It's still very clearheaded, but I can feel more physical presence and notice a bit of heightened visual contrast around shadowed facial features. This might be a strong +. I consider insufflating some more (ew,) but my friend and I decide that we'd rather just accept this for what it is and enjoy what we get.

6:20 I'm weirdly satisfied with this space despite it being light and clearheaded. I've often tripped much harder on 5-MeO-MiPT and found it amazing but also lacking a certain oomph. This doesn't leave me wanting more. I'm legitimately satisfied. Eating sounds tough, but salad, fresh tomato slices, and toast with cheese is totally achievable. No real side-effects present.

6:30 With nothing to really hold our interest in either of our spaces, we sit down to watch a movie. My headspace grows a little during this time and I notice a few visual issues early on with faces, but nothing notable or interesting arises.

8:20 Mild diarrhea develops. Not really surprising with this material, but it's the first time I've gotten it from a psychedelic. It could have been due to the magnesium, but that's not as likely with the malate salt.

8:50 Rapid descent starts out of nowhere.

10:40 I think I could sleep maybe?

11:00 I take a 10mg delta 8 edible and some melatonin, falling asleep in the next 30-60min.

Next day: slept well, but wake a little groggy unsurprisingly. A little residual bowel stuff, so maybe it was the magnesium.

Summary: The delayed start to tripping happened the last time I used 4-HO-DiPT, as well. At 15mg, the experience was stronger than this one. The experience prior to that was at 10mg, and it was stronger yet. My first was at 6mg, and it was my strongest with this material. The truly mysterious part is that my friend had the same experience with on a different and *very* familiar material. I have zero idea what is going on here.

Last edited: