Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-HO-DiPT/15mg) - Inexperienced - After School Field Trip

[éS]Infinite

Bluelighter
The trip took place on a Thursday afternoon in the winter of 2007, a day when school for my grade was cancelled, due to a literacy test for another grade. Several friends and I had planned on ingesting this substance and spending the day in the woods. Winter was just rearing its end, and the ground, while still covered with snow, was very wet and muddy. At roughly 12:15, just after noon, DC, DT, J, A, and I each dropped a gel capsule containing 15 mg of 4-HO-DiPT; for all of us it was our first time with this substance. As such, we had several sitters, who more came along to hang out with their friends, DT and A, than to accompany us for the trip.

Right after swallowing the capsule, I took to smoking a joint that I had rolled with DC prior to meeting up with DT, A and their friends. The others who had dosed did not smoke anything yet, but they felt the same excitement I did. Laughing and chatting, the initial anticipation was pleasant, and we were all looking forward to a great day. After some time, everyone had smoked and we made our way to another forest; one with more variety to it. We walked there, still filled with excitement, and entered the forest. After walking around for some time, talking about nothing out of the ordinary, we decided it was time to find a nice spot to sit, which turned out to be up in some trees which had fallen.

During the come up, which had the slightest bit more energy/stimulation to it than mushrooms, one of the sitters who had been tagging along (for what I had expected to be an interest in psychedelic drugs) would not stop talking about things which under normal circumstances we would have all been very interested in. In our current state however we just could not participate in the discussion. We all (those who had dosed) simply sat in silence, focusing our attentions on the new energies flowing through us, trying not to allow any distractions to minimize the experience. No one at all would reply, and he would just keep talking, as though we were interested. In such a state as well, I realized no one was going to tell him to be quiet, we were too peaceful or at ease for that. So instead of listening I threw my headphones on and listened to some music, which brought about a new surge of energy with an interest to explore my surroundings, which is not unusual to me when influenced by psilocybin mushrooms. J had done the same, and went down quite a steep hill to look at a small amount of flowing water at the bottom of the “valley”. I was going to go down to where he was, but upon approaching the steep hill, thought against it and instead stood against a tree which stood on the hill, listening to music and taking in the beautiful imagery. The sense that I was in an altered consciousness and did not want to find myself anywhere vulnerable was strong, and kept me more cautious that I usually am. Visuals were minor but noticeable against the snow; superimposed patterns moving and twisting with light colours, beautiful shine and shimmer of the sun sparkling against snow crystals and ice.

After some time, a few of the sitters had left to get food, leaving us with just two sitters, including the guy who would not stop talking earlier. Although my music blocked out most distracting thoughts, whenever I took my headphones out I realized he was still going at it, making some of the people tripping uncomfortable, and causing me to spend much of the time with my music. I found that the beautiful arrangement of notes in the music I was listening to accentuated the beauty of my surroundings. Visuals had not quite become outstanding, still enhanced colours and brightness with superimposed patterns, but also breathing of snow mounds, and colours within solid colours appearing to change and become patterns, diverging from the superimposed patterns of colour.

At some point, we had left the forest to return to the one in which we started. Beforehand, D and J smoked a joint, and found it picked the trip up quite a bit. Walking across the busy intersection to get to the other forest, I shared the thought with the others, how strange it was that one could not simply stand in any given location. For example, if I had decided I wanted to stand, just simply and peacefully stand, in the middle of where I stood when the thought arose (the intersection we were crossing) a car would eventually come to strike and seriously injure me. It made me laugh how interesting things had become; that if one was to do the outmost possibility of the word nothing (that is standing/sitting/laying down motionless) that he would receive physical harm. It was a ridiculous notion, I knew, but the way in which it expressed itself was entirely logical. The world was an unfair place to live, and existed entirely to serve its social functions.

We arrived at the forest, and all sat down where we had dosed. I had continued to listen to music, and overlook the entire forest. The sun was shining brightly, birds were singing, and squirrels were running about in very amusing patterns. I remarked many faces in the barks of trees, and faces which connect to the orifices of the other faces. Endless faces all connected in the same system, all the same. Within solid objects, I noticed how colours and patterns would declare themselves, quite quietly, but most definitely there.

After some time we decided that we had all sobered up and due to the slightly unpleasant weather we decided to head home. On the walk home I noticed minor waves of psychedelia coming in and out, as I was more aware of the cars and people around me after what felt like a reintroduction to the modern world. Once I got home there were still waves hitting which were definitely stronger than I had expected at this point in the experience, but still very pleasant and in tune with the peak of the experience.

I found this compound to share the typical feel of tryptamines. It was very much like mushrooms, even more so than psilocin. This substance provided a deeper trip, rather than acting mostly on euphoria and visuals. Much of the trip was isolated to my head and thoughts, not my visual field or body. There was more uneasiness, as there wasn’t with the psilocin, and very familiar thought patterns and visuals to my earlier experiences with mushrooms, without much euphoria. The trip lasted roughly 5 hours (unbeknownst to us that when we dosed we used emptied extended release capsules to carry and consume the compound, potentially affecting the duration of effects), which made it even more similar to mushrooms and left me with some things to think about. The use of the extended release capsules allowed for a more gentle come up than what is usually described with Iprocin, eliminating any reported leg tremors and alleviating a heavy rapid trip. If I ever have the opportunity again, I would like to consume this substance without any restricting variables, and allow for the full force of the fast and strong psychedelic overwhelm me without the interruption of an extended-duration gel capsule.

Thanks for sharing. :) Personally I didn't get much from iprocin, I found it very mild and subtle, even at 22mg. I'd like to try it again sometime to see if it was a fluke, I only tried it twice, many years ago. I remember zero visuals, a nice body feeling, and difficulty determining what exactly I was feeling (due to the subtlety of the effects).

The visuals were very subtle and a lot of energy was put towards manifesting the full effects of the drug throughout the experience, bringing them to surface. I find cubensis mushrooms at the 2.0-3.0 gram dose to have a similar effect where if you focus your sight and attention on an image or object that the visuals will mildly appear and if you're patient enough they can build up slowly.
I would say this was a deep trip despite lacking in profound revelation or meaning.