Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

4 Dead in Shooting at Carl Cox Gig

pillsnapa

Bluelighter
This is awful!
Cox was headlining the event, called Red Noise, at La Rinconada Terrace in Caracas, Venezuela. The VJ reports that Cox was only 10 minutes into his set when an unknown man opened fire, the gun making a noise that sounded to him “like firecrackers”. He reports seeing 3 bodies on the floor immediately following the shooting.
from inthemix.com.auhttp://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/34852/Gunman_opens_fire_at_Carl_Cox_gig_in_Venezuela

Check out the video. Crazy shit....bodies everywhere. Where's the love?8o

Oh my god. That's fucking terrible. What the hell is going on !!

Did they catch whoever it was???? :(

damnnnnn

I wish I understood more Spanish so I knew what was going on that video. Anyone fluent?

and it really did sound like firecrackers not gunshots. It didn't even faze the DJ

no, it looks like he had them off when the shooting happened. I dunno, maybe the music was just too loud?

But after about 30-40 seconds, he dissapears under his table, never to be seen in the rest of the video.

youarewhatyouis said:
wtf, they just took the video off youtube!

Probably because it's pending investigation.

Here is a link to 2 videos, a comment from the VJ who filmed it, and a statement from Cox about the ordeal.

It seems like there are more stories popping up today than there were last night when I heard about this.

I guess Cox maybe thought they were gunning for him. I think that's a fair presumption. I would have ducked too, personally. Why should he have to play hero - what's he supposed to do? Ya can't do much when a crazy dude has a gun. You'd be an idiot to not duck and hide.

Yea I agree, I don't see why people have pointed out that he ducked under the DJ booth as if it was a cowardly thing to do. I mean, what was he supposed to do, this is real life, not an action movie.

Regardless, it took that long for him to realise that there were shots fired, he would have been dead if the gunman was aiming for him. :\ I would have done the same thing, if i were him, duck and cover. :(

From what i read on that site, it was gang-related. The second video is horrendous - when everyone again started to panic and ran out of the arena, there was one guy laying dead or dying in the middle of the floor, people were running past him. :(

samadhi said:
Regardless, it took that long for him to realise that there were shots fired, he would have been dead if the gunman was aiming for him.

Yeah well that's it. It looked like it was an indoor event, so to think it was fire works is bizarre.

Knowing me, my first reaction would be thinking it was a gun before fire works. Whenever i hear fire works out side i always freak thinking it's a crazy gun man before i realise it's only fire works. Unless it's new year's of course.

Well I guess thats how they party in Venezuela.

How good was the Phuture 2000 album

samadhi said:
Regardless, it took that long for him to realise that there were shots fired, he would have been dead if the gunman was aiming for him. :\ I would have done the same thing, if i were him, duck and cover. :(

I noticed that to. It took him a while to notice that the gun fire had gone off. His head phones were around his neck, not on his head and you can hear the noise of screams and the crowd panic getting so loud it drowned out his music. I would of ducked for cover to but as has been stated, if the fire was aimed at him he would of been dead because he just stood there.

It sucks that happened :(

Ive worked in many nightclubs before and at one particular one there was a shooting. You can tell the difference between fire crackers and a gun fire going off on the middle of the dance floor. That result is exactly the reason why most clubs now have metal detectors :\

And this is right on our front door steps...

Shots Fired On Chapel St (after nightclub entry refusal)

Nick Higginbottom - Herald Sun

November 06, 2007 10:07am

FIVE shots were fired on Chapel St this morning after a man was refused entry to a nightclub. Security staff managed to seize the gun before the man fled.

Police said the disgruntled patron was refused entry to The Viper Room nightclub and was talking with security guards when they noticed a gun down his pants.

The man, who was of Caucasian appearance and in his mid-late 20s, then drew the weapon and fired a number of shots into the air.

The security guards wrestled with him and managed to disarm him before he ran away to a car in a side street, which then drove off.

Police said no one was injured during the attack

Detectives from Stonnington Criminal Investigation Unit have the firearm and other evidence from The Viper Room as they continue investigations.

...what's the world coming to... :\

Homie Truths

eggman88888 said:
Well I guess thats how they party in Venezuela.

Capt'n E.G.G.,
this sort of thing aint confined to Venezuela.

I was at a rave in '95
in Sydney
at the Graffiti Hall Of Fame
where a person was shot
metres from me.

The followin' chase involved the perpetrator
bein' shot in the spine by a police woman
while he was scalin' a fence a few blocks away.

An' FACT kicked arse over FACT II and Phuture.

PEACE
UnSquare
:)

UnSquare said:
An' FACT kicked arse over FACT II and Phuture.

:)

And that's a FACT. ;) I bought this CD when I was 15 years old, and people scoffed at me - it was definitely ahead of its time.