• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox 4 day clonazolam binge, don't know what to do

disheveledfiend

Greenlighter
I had made a horrible decision to give this drug another go, and make responsible and educated decisions surrounding it or so i had thought. well for the millionth time you guys are gonna have to hear another c lam horror story, I'm sorry but i need help with this. it was 4 days straight of near constant redosing, the last dose being yesterday, 9/23, at about 7am. i believe i went through atleast 5mg to myself during this unintended binge, redosing when i felt myself coming down. i had laid doses down on blotter .5mgper tab. i thought the whole vial was underdosed but really i was just barred out. i no longer have these tabs, except 1 i found on my couch that might not even be active.

so right now I have no idea what to do, i didn't know tolerance builds over a matter of days with this drug, i had assumed I'd simply have my fun and be on my way. well, i had my fun but now I'm going to have to pay for it in horrendous withdrawals. constant stage 2 hypertension, splitting headache, brain zaps, horrible anxiety, irritability, a fear and a feeling of going into absence seizures, insomnia, fucking etc. just read the wiki page on symptoms of benzo wd, i got pr much all of it at random intervals, from 4 days of use, ridiculous.

i have maybe 25 600mgs neurontins left, 3 1/2 suboxone and plenty of 300mg quetiapines which i haven't yet used due to fear of seizures. a couple metoprolols some vyvanse, im sure most of this has zero application to help me feel better but maybe you guys know something i don't. I've only utilized the neurontin so far, 1.5gs, as a anxiolytic and anticonvulsant, the efficacy of the latter for this application is questionable though.

can anyone tell me what to expect these next few days? how realistic is the possibility of a seizure? will this WD last for weeks without a proper taper? can i sleep without going into a coma or convulsions? any inputs appreciated.

Uh, that's a high dose of a known high-potency benzo. It's 2-4x as potent as alprazolam.

You're going to need a taper with diazepam I think. Or you'll be fine if you're more like me where you can go on/off without a problem (NOT advisable due to potential for seizures, rebound symptoms, etc.)

cold turkey c lam so far has been brutal but i can tough it out as long as i don't risk seizures or other serious side effects like that. clonazolam is such a fucked drug tho bc it is the only benzo i know of that builds physical tolerance that fast. basically what I'm asking for info on what to expect the next week or so and if anticonvulsants would be necessary.

I don't want to comment on whether you are at risk for seizures because it is a life and death situation and variable dependent(sensitivity to seizures etc...). Some people are more prone than others. If you have not been recently dependent on benzos chances are that you will only experience a short withdrawal(rebound) period of increased anxiety, insomnia and related physical stress.

I took benzos for 8-10yrs. In the beginning I didn't know how to take them and would go on periodic recreational binges, which I always regretted because I would black out for days and do ridiculously stupid stuff, one particular week long blackout that involved grand theft and a crack binge comes to mind. I didn't see the appeal or become dependent until the first time I withdrew from methadone. I tried to take 3x 2mg xanax a day for a month to kick the habit but I wound up becoming dependent on both. I then quickly reduced my intake to usually 1mg a day, no more than 3mg. I stayed on that 1mg for years. When I kicked I suffered horrendous withdrawal that still affected me a year later.... Extreme brain fog, insomnia, depression, anxiety and severe memory loss.

I tried to kick the habit probably 50 or so times but I could never get past 3 weeks. All those times were self administered detoxes and I never suffered a seizure but I have a friend, who would get seizures all the time, so it really is an individual thing. It literally took me years to start to feel better. Out of all the drugs I have ever taken I feel benzos had the worst long term effects, mind you I have been a heroin, methadone addict for 20yrs and went to rehab for a crack, IV cocaine in 2008. I wouldn't wish benzo withdrawal on my worst enemy. I hope your withdrawal goes as smooth as possible and that you put that shit in the bin because it truly was hell on earth. At 6 months clean I couldn't even remember the way to a coffee shop that was a mile down the road from where I was living. That's how bad the brain fog was.

I had made a horrible decision to give this drug another go, and make responsible and educated decisions surrounding it or so i had thought. well for the millionth time you guys are gonna have to hear another c lam horror story, I'm sorry but i need help with this. it was 4 days straight of near constant redosing, the last dose being yesterday, 9/23, at about 7am. i believe i went through atleast 5mg to myself during this unintended binge, redosing when i felt myself coming down. i had laid doses down on blotter .5mgper tab. i thought the whole vial was underdosed but really i was just barred out. i no longer have these tabs, except 1 i found on my couch that might not even be active.

so right now I have no idea what to do, i didn't know tolerance builds over a matter of days with this drug, i had assumed I'd simply have my fun and be on my way. well, i had my fun but now I'm going to have to pay for it in horrendous withdrawals. constant stage 2 hypertension, splitting headache, brain zaps, horrible anxiety, irritability, a fear and a feeling of going into absence seizures, insomnia, fucking etc. just read the wiki page on symptoms of benzo wd, i got pr much all of it at random intervals, from 4 days of use, ridiculous.

i have maybe 25 600mgs neurontins left, 3 1/2 suboxone and plenty of 300mg quetiapines which i haven't yet used due to fear of seizures. a couple metoprolols some vyvanse, im sure most of this has zero application to help me feel better but maybe you guys know something i don't. I've only utilized the neurontin so far, 1.5gs, as a anxiolytic and anticonvulsant, the efficacy of the latter for this application is questionable though.

can anyone tell me what to expect these next few days? how realistic is the possibility of a seizure? will this WD last for weeks without a proper taper? can i sleep without going into a coma or convulsions? any inputs appreciated.
I have been on klonopin (2 mg 3x a day. 6mg daily) for @13 yrs (I have intractable epilepsy) and also 3- 800mg Neurontin a day (10 yrs). I am also on Subs (2 strips a day) my sub doctor does not treat people on any benzo, he gave me 3 months to get off of them. My neurologist is not happy about it but I tapered myself and I'm on week 3 with none!! I haven't had ANY withdrawal... Aside from the mental aspect.. very mild anxiety. I upped my Neurontin to 5 a day during my fast taper and I believe that's why I was able to do it with ease, both docs are kind of shocked that I did it so quickly. Quite frankly so am I. I am a fast metabolizer with all drugs, which also helps because Klonopin REALLY hangs on.
I would use the Neurontin, i wouldnt touch the quetiapines. I have had to taper myself off of many drugs... heroin, oxycontin, methadone, Klonopin, even Benadryl...🙄...lol seizures are always my worry during a taper, but try distracting yourself, go outside, walk somewhere, be social, this helps me with the anxiety, also marijuana!! I smoke/eat all day during tapers, it's a fantastic anti-seizure med!!!
Seizures are a very real possibility, stay hydrated, and active.. even if you don't feel like it. For me the withdrawal was mostly mental, I can't imagine your symptoms lasting very long from just 4 days, good luck✌️❤️😊

I have been on klonopin (2 mg 3x a day. 6mg daily) for @13 yrs (I have intractable epilepsy) and also 3- 800mg Neurontin a day (10 yrs). I am also on Subs (2 strips a day) my sub doctor does not treat people on any benzo, he gave me 3 months to get off of them. My neurologist is not happy about it but I tapered myself and I'm on week 3 with none!! I haven't had ANY withdrawal... Aside from the mental aspect.. very mild anxiety. I upped my Neurontin to 5 a day during my fast taper and I believe that's why I was able to do it with ease, both docs are kind of shocked that I did it so quickly. Quite frankly so am I. I am a fast metabolizer with all drugs, which also helps because Klonopin REALLY hangs on.
I would use the Neurontin, i wouldnt touch the quetiapines. I have had to taper myself off of many drugs... heroin, oxycontin, methadone, Klonopin, even Benadryl...🙄...lol seizures are always my worry during a taper, but try distracting yourself, go outside, walk somewhere, be social, this helps me with the anxiety, also marijuana!! I smoke/eat all day during tapers, it's a fantastic anti-seizure med!!!
Seizures are a very real possibility, stay hydrated, and active.. even if you don't feel like it. For me the withdrawal was mostly mental, I can't imagine your symptoms lasting very long from just 4 days, good luck✌❤😊

I think you're mixing up clonazolam and clonazepam.

I'm ok, thank fucking god the W/Ds only lasted 24 hours more or less, that shit was horrendous. crazy how potent c lam is in pr much every way.

It's honestly just ridiculous that vendors provide CLAM in .5 mg pellets.... I went volumetric and I don't believe I ever exceeded ~.3 mg, with daily use staying around 200 mcg (.2 mg). I used it in combination with stimulants daily for around 18 months, and as was mentioned above I wouldn't wish that withdrawl on anyone. Waaaaaay worse than methamp or sudden SSRI stoppage by far. In order to get stimulants to treat my ADD I had to taper quickly as well, over the course of 5 weeks. The worst of it didn't show up until days after the last dose for me.

Things I found that help:
theanine
GABA supplement
as much vitamin C as you can stomach...

This combo is one I found in an article about someone who used this regimine with a rapid taper of alprazolam with great success. Can't speak to whether I experienced placebo or real relief, but eh - perception and reality are pretty much the same so worth a shot if your struggling. I really really hope you are still doing well. There's not much compassion in the world for us, but you'll always find it on BL. Stay safe <3