Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-AcO-DMT/4-HO-MET - Experienced - Beautiful 4-aco-DMT/4-ho-MET trip

RCmelkor

Greenlighter
Dose: 22mg 4-aco-DMT + 12mg 4-ho-MET @ t=0:00
Boosters: 20mg 4-ho-MET + 10mg 4-aco-DMT @ t=1:00
Sex: Male

(Drug history, read only if you feel like it, trip will be below)
I'm a new poster (having been a lurker for years), so this will be my first post on the forum - please let me know if I have broken any rules, or if I should change format/vocabulary to clarify certain things and I will added changes in. My drug experience goes back 14 years, starting with cannabis and shrooms, quickly moving on to the following psychedelics/dissos/empaths: Ayahuasca, San Pedro/Mescaline, 2c-i, 2c-e, LSD, Methylone, MDMA, DXM, Ketamine, 3-meo-PCE, O-PCE, MXiPR, 4C-D, Methallylescaline, 4-ho-MiPT, 4-ho-DiPT, 4-AcO-MET, 4-AcO-MPT, DMT, MET, 5-meo-MALT, 5-meo-DMT, Salvia, AL-LAD, EiPLA, 1P-LSD, (microdose)1cP-LSD, (microdose)Eth-LAD, (microdose)ALD-52. Stims: Cocaine, A-PCyP, 3-FPM, 3-MMC, 4-MMC, Vyvancse (prescribed) and all the methylphenidates (prescribed) and likely methamphetamine by accident. Had a period in my life where I began using heroin and oxycontin regularity and switched to Kratom for harm reduction purposed. After 10 years in the grip of extremely high Kratom use (50-100gpd) I am on suboxone and much more stable. I used to have a high dose etizolam problem which I stopped with a rapid taper. Currently only taking occasional Gabapentin for restless legs and Suboxone.

Preface:
Enough about me, onto the trip. I've had a collection of psychedelics (sitting in storage for a year at least, some more) I have been a little afraid to touch since going through benzo and opiate withdrawal, but I had a night planed out perfectly house to myself (wife was on nights but knew what was up, sister knew what was up and was a call away), spent the day cleaning and making a bed in the basement for a cozy trip lounge. Based on reading through the big and dandy 4-aco-DMT thread (so helpful) I settled on 22mg as a first dose. Impulsively I added 12mg of 4-ho-MET because I figured I have a couple Klonopin on hand just in case. Anticipation away, down the hatch it went.

Trip:

23:00
- took the initial doses, with some anticipated anxiety about what would happen, I turned off the lights and spent the first 30 minutes in silence and darkness. Nothing of significance happened, other than a light body feeling and some sweating. There was some of that familiar tryptamine electricity/floppyness going on but still very mild - albeit more than placebo.

00:00 - an hour in and things start getting funny. Waves of full euphoria rushing through my body however completely lacking and mental and visual effects. Maybe a little colour saturation but that could have been me trying to find something going on in my visual field that just wasn't. Feeling like I've already settled past the come up I decide to dose more. 20mg of 4-ho-MET and 10mg of 4-aco-DMT down the hatch, fingers crossed for some nice beautiful displays and thought patterns.

1:00 - some increased effects, mainly still just the euphoria which I won't be complaining about. Went for a stroll outside and couldn't stop smiling, everything was beautiful (oddly enough - just as it was, no visuals at all yet). Go back inside and hang with my cat. I'm rolling around on the bed in awe of the euphoria. I'm way to hard on myself, I should look at my addictions recovery as a win while I continuously degrade myself over it. I don't treat myself with the same respect or even expectations that I would towards other people. I look into this a bit further and well up a bit, forgive myself for my mistakes. Stopped what I was doing for a moment and had literally the most intense orgasm I have ever had.

2:00 - some slight visuals but nothing outstanding. No morphing, no textures and especially no geometry. I settle that this is just the trip it will be. I can't force it. I smoke some cannabis and lay down and put on Game of Thrones, which becomes an excessively deep show. Some more stuff happens and I am still euphoric - chatting with my wife while she is at work and rolling around on the bed, cuddling my cat.

After this there were no significant changes, it did go on in a similar fashion until about 4:00. It was a gorgeous trip with a lots of self reflection however I was expecting to be punched in the face a little harder based of other dose reports or 4-aco-DMT, and 4-ho-MET. It there anyone on the forum who has tripped with Suboxone and noticed a dulling of the visual and mental effects? I did give 24 hours for my suboxone to clear before dosing just in case, and Gabapentin hadn't been taken in 2 days a least. I guess I feel like 32mg 4-AcO-DMT and 32mg 4-ho-MET would have been more visual, and a little more groundbreaking? I definitely got what I needed - but the effects weren't on par with reports of similar doses. I got mine from reputable Canadians and it has been stored well, not even changing colour. However, damn was I happy, smiling, laughing and appreciate every minute of it.

Apologies about the boring report - no personal demons unleashed in this one like expected (I really thought I would be toast - hence the Klonopin on standby), I'm posting this mainly out of curiosity/what happened with those visuals? I did 375ug AL-LAD a few months back and had a similar trip but with even less emotional play - however that was at the peak my etizolam abuse so it makes sense as to why not much would have happened.

Thanks for reading, it's always been a pleasure reading these forums and I hope this makes a somewhat positive contribution, or even a positive discussion.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_4acodmt
substancecode_tryptamines
substancecode_4homet
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the TR! It's been very helpful in my decision to take 30mgs of 4-ho-malt. Sounds like what ill be feeling shortly. Aug 1st-9th are my favorite days, Thanks Jerry Garcia!

I've been a long time lurker and have an incredibly similar history of drug use...even taking the 4homalt while wife is at work. She's all smiles for me and a phone call away in 3 hrs if things get tough.

Sorry.....No real substance to my first post. Other than the symbolism of the lack of, uhh, for lack of a better word, substance to the exact substance I'm coming up on 😉.
This post will hold me accountable for writing a TR to hopefully help fellow psychonauts with dosage and effects of the little known 4homalt