Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-AcO-DET - New Experience - Warm Fuzzies

xxkcxx

Bluelighter
Background: 22 year old female. Experienced with many drugs, but clean off most for the past 10 months. Recently tried first psychedelic, 2c-e, a week ago.

After my foray into 2c-e, which gave me some amazing visuals but was otherwise rather miserable, I was afraid that psychedelics just weren't for me. I already had some 4-Aco-DET on the way though, and while I considered just selling it all, I instead decided to try an oral dose that night and see what would happen.

At approximately 10:45p.m., I orally dosed ~25mg. I was chatting with a more experience friend online, and he told me I should feel the effects starting in about 20-30 minutes. Since my one oral dose of 2c-e took almost an hour and a half to kick in, I was skeptical and did not get my hopes up. Well, boy, I was shocked when 12 minutes in I started feeling jittery, just like the come-up on 2c-e. My friend even said it was probably my anxiety because it was just so quick after dosing, though the fact my stomach was empty was likely a factor as well. I was certain the trip was starting when after 20 minutes the words on my computer were already wiggling and moving.

Unlike my similar experience with 2c-e, when I realized that the peak was fast approaching, I did not get scared. I calmly went to prepare my bedroom--brought my laptop in, grabbed the CDs I wanted to listen to, etc. When I finished, I was 30 minutes in, and I was feeling great. The euphoria was intense, I would equate it to good MDMA. I described it in an IM as "warm and fuzzy" in my chest. I could not stop smiling, and I just felt in a silly mood and at peace with the world. It felt very natural, as opposed to -e, which felt very synthetic to me.

As far as visuals, I had a felt blanket that was bunched up on my bed, and when I looked at it out of the corner of my eye, I kept thinking that it was an alligator. When I looked directly at it, it would morph, and the indents caused by bunching would take on different patterns. Whereas the 2c-e produced colors and patterns that were not really there, this drug mostly caused the real colors to be brighter and the patterns to come alive. I commented to my friend that rather than "looking like a hippie threw up in my room," the DET colors were more subtle, but at the same time stronger.

I also never got to listen to any of the CDs I picked out because another friend sent me a link to a YouTube video, and I liked it so much I could not stop listening to it. He actually made me a playlist with the same song 14 times, and I think I listened to it 3 times all the way through before I was able to switch. I had a really strange sexual urge as well. I actually wanted to have sex with THE SONG. Not to the song, but with it. 8o My senses were definitely screwed up.

In terms of what I was thinking, I was mostly chatting with other people, so I didn't get to explore my mind as much as I wanted to, but the potential was definitely there. Now that I know what to expect, my next trip with DET will definitely be a more solitary, introspective one. As it was, I spent some time thinking back to my heroin addiction and ex-boyfriend, and I did come to realize a few things. I definitely want to explore what I learned further. IMO, DET could be a great therapeutic tool.

The body load was basically non-existent for me for me during the trip, which lasted approximately 2 hours for the peak and another 2 hours for the comedown. I was slightly cold physically, but it didn't bother me at all. When I finally felt able to sleep, my muscles were slightly tense, but I had also begun a workout routine that week, so I was already sore to begin with. I took 75mg of diphenhydramine, and I was asleep within 30 minutes.

I felt a nice afterglow the whole next day at well, which was a pleasant surprise.

Overall, I am SO happy that I tried 4-AcO-DET. It was a marvelous experience and one that I truly can't wait to experience again.

Nice report. Havn't had the pleasure of 4AcO-DET, but have a long and pleasant aquaintance with 4AcO-DMT, 4HO-DMT and 4HO-DIPT . I think Shulgin might have mentioned the 'magic' of that 4 position. They do seem to get under way quite rapidly, and the euphoria is often extremely pleasant, sometimes with strong erotic overtones of an often bizarre nature.
There is often room for deep introspection and personal realisation like you say. I find tryptamine visuals usually more pleasing than those of phens (like the 2CE that you mention). And sometimes I can get lost in dream like sequences that are out of this world.
Let us know how it goes next time you indulge. Second times usually give you a better opportunity to remember more.
Peace and happy tripping - Pipp