PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2c-I In powerade

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Felix.

Bluelighter
Hello. Last night I was going to trip and put 17 mgs of 2c-I into a powerade drink. I ended up feeling nausea and jitters after taking some energy pills from 7-11. I was curious if anyone knew how long it will last in there, I don't plan on dosing 2c-I for a while since I prefur using it in social situations like last night. Ty

From my understanding, 2C-I is an extremely stable compound - no common environmental solvents like LSD with chlorine, rather sturdy in the face of heat and light, etc. If my understanding is correct, it should last many years at least with no significant degradation. Make sure to label the bottle if you haven't already; you don't want someone accidentally dosing themselves :)

It will last longer than you'll be alive.

That's only speculation from generalized observations from phenethylamines, more importantly I would say the 2C-I will last longer than the powerade's shelflife. So maybe consider adding enough alcohol to make the mixture at least 20% and keep the solution out of heat and light.

Ah that makes sense :) I usually try for the taking everyone way too serious and misinterpreting situations effect. Well not so much trying as involuntarily succeeding. :')

You're most probably right though considering the age of mescaline-containing samples dug up. It's just, acid (not LSD, just general protonic acids) content can sometimes ruin stuff much faster, you can't be too sure in prospect. Acids in powerade most likely won't affect 2C-I tho.

The power-ade will probably go bad before the 2c-i degrades. I'd stay stick it in the freezer and let it thaw when you're ready to use it

Yup. freeze it if its a whole bottle of powerade. If it's not all that much my vote still goes to the addition of everclear or vodka. At least enough to make it >20% alcohol total. Only thing is: you don't want to have to drink so much alcohol that it will influence the trip.

So those are the options to preserve the powerade. The 2C-I will be fine for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.