View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines 2C-I Dose-Response Question

vortex30

Bluelighter
A friend of mine (really) tried 2C-I for the first time at only 6-7mg and didn't enjoy it. He said it was just stimulating, and not even like MDMA really, but just like Amphetamine/straight dopamine. He hadn't tripped on anything within past week or two so that wasn't an issue. Alternatively I had a friend try 19-21mg and he really enjoyed it, said it was very colourful and quite trippy, but as far as stimulation goes he didn't really notice it that much, but this guy had done stimulants in the past week.

Are these normal responses? Is 2C-I supposed to be quite stimulating and not psychedelic at all in low doses, but in high doses this quality either doesn't get stronger, or actually diminishes, and psychedelia takes over? Could I get some confirmation of this and maybe a pharmacological reason why?

Ya he mentioned that it would be good for a rave, but said it wasn't much of a trip. I know someone on 13mg tonight who I need to hear from still but he had it 8 days ago.

I don't plan to use 2C-I but I'm still interested.

Maybe this could be moved to ADD. I reckon if someone has the binding affinities, for certain doses it may tell us something.

Thank for that comment on 2C-I but I'm really looking for something a bit more solid. Could be just subjective experiences and of course the dose mattered but he had no psychedelic effects but felt like he was on lots of Caffeine or Amphetamine.

2c-i is a lot of eye candy imo and i would not take less than 20mg.. its not that strong actually but its fun..

I found it pretty sedating and relaxing in low doses. In fact it was that way in higher doses too, just with a little more psychedelia. With twenty milligrams I became very talkative and confused while lounging around a lot. One of my friends tried upwards of 60mg and said that the drug levels off in response around 25-35mg and does not get overly more intoxicating.

Yea 2c-i is extremely stimulating in low doses much like ampetamines, and it is actually pretty annoying (in my experience).

I would say with 2c-i you should do around 18mg in order to avoid this stimulation and start getting more into its psychedelic nature (18mg+ the stimulation is nowhere near as bad as low 10mg or so doses). Although 18mg is extremely easy going both on the mind and body imo.
Are these normal responses? Is 2C-I supposed to be quite stimulating and not psychedelic at all in low doses, but in high doses this quality either doesn't get stronger, or actually diminishes, and psychedelia takes over?
Yup

^^Pot can cause anxiety on all types of psychs. if not well accustomed to blazing.

I found it pretty sedating and relaxing in low doses. In fact it was that way in higher doses too, just with a little more psychedelia. With twenty milligrams I became very talkative and confused while lounging around a lot. One of my friends tried upwards of 60mg and said that the drug levels off in response around 25-35mg and does not get overly more intoxicating.

Really? I think there are reports on erowid (quite possibly originating here as are many of them) where intense dissociation may become a lot more likely as the dose increases.
I'd be hesitant to push the envelope that much, something about 2C-I is a bit icky, though that is subtle. It doesn't make me wanna avoid the stuff but it does wanna make me avoid higher doses than say 25 mg.
20 mg is good for me but I expect 25 to be just that little bit more satisfyingly intense. Don't know about the stimulation then, lets see what my sweet spot is.

4E0cryQosWCE.png