• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines 2c-e won't dissolve fully?

Well it's been in the solution for about 24 hours. I just spent about 20 minutes shaking it as hard as I could and right now it's sitting in the sink in a hot water bath. It does not seem to have helped very much though. It looks pretty much exactly the same. The flakes are really tiny but definitely noticeable under the light. Some are bigger than others but most are the same size.

When I shake it it turns completely white and bubbly then slowly clears up. If I wanted to try it in this state what would be the safest way to proceed assuming that it is in fact active? 1ml at a time or can I just do 5ml?

I just want to determine if it's real at this point.

Someone help me....what is 2c-E?????

Forgive my ignorance. This coming from a PDR-toting guy who honestly thought he knew most
drugs!!! Could it be European????

Thanks!

FYI, the 2C-E entry in PIHKAL describes the freebase as:

...the removal of the solvent, yielded 12.6 g of a colorless oil. This was dissolved in 75 mL of IPA and neutralized with concentrated HCl. The solidified mass that formed was loosened with another 50 mL IPA, and then filtered. After Et2O washing and air drying there was obtained 7.7 g of 2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethylphenethylamine hydrochloride (2C-E) as lustrous white crystals. Anal. (C12H20ClNO2) C,H.

It's quite possible the material is fine and just contains some amount of insoluble impurity, as stated above.

Yea that's possible, but it was advertised as +99% pure.

Either way I will know tomorrow when I try 5ml(5mg).

I thought 2-5mg was threshold? If I don't feel 5mg then I will up it to 7.5mg. I have never tried any of the 2c-x family before.

^ Well I'm just saying that if you don't feel 5mg, it doesn't automatically mean it's bunk. But given that you definitely have no tolerance to 2C-x's, there's a good chance you may feel something.

My first experience with 2C-x's was 8 mg of 2C-B, and I felt threshold effects. A few days later 16 mg kicked my ass, lol. Now 20 mg is a mild to moderate experience. :)

Yea I am really interested in seeing what kind of body load/nausea I get because some people claim it's horrible while others say there is just euphoria. I tend to get heavy body load from tryptamines, specifically psilocybin and DMT, but hopefully it's not too bad with this one. (assuming it is legit)

One time I took what was sold as acid but I suspect was DOx, I felt like I had food poisoning, puking for 12+ hours. This was only from one hit. I am a little nervous of a repeat experience hence the low dosage for my first time with this chem.

Last edited:
I did a bunch of 2C-x experiments last fall that were attenuated by my Paxil prescription. 18 mg of 2C-E was very cool, lots of visuals with little body load compared to other 2C-x's.

But take this with a grain of salt, given my SSRI regimen. Have fun. :)

Judging by what you said the product was labeled as, there have been reports that that source sells a different chem (possibly Mephedrone) as 2C-E.

Yes I know of those reports on UD. There are also others who claimed it is good so I have to make sure before I declare it a scam. Either way I regret going to this guy. Much better places to buy from probably.

Even if it was mephedrone(which is the 10th chemical listed) it should still dissolve in distilled water, correct?

*searches for Mephedrone MSDS*

Ah! Here we are, mephedrone will dissolve in ethanol, methanol, and acetone. No h2o listed.

Interested to see what happens as I got 2c-e from this guy and it's legit, labled chem-10 aswell as I posted on UD, didn't try disolving it in water or anything but taking even 10mgs can feel the effects. Anything 25mg or above and the trips are absolutely insane. Don't have any other sources so want to see if yours is real or not before I try buy more.

I think we might be toeing the line on source discussion here. Please let us know if this isn't allowed.

2c-e is basically just a variation on the more common phenethylamine 2c-b. From what i've heard the effects are far more vivid but the chemical structure seems quite similar.

also in trying to dissolve solute into solvent, adding pressure to the mixture may help aswell to force the two components into each other.

I honestly think you got some stuff in your drink and maybe your being paranoid. Have you ever desolved anything in water before? Is it tap water? the cup is pry a little dusty or dirty.